• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

tcl android tv firmware

Search This thread

joserzc

Sep 23, 2014
Quito
I found this about a year ago. I don't have the source, but I remember getting it from a forum where a TCL developer shared the folder. Instructions are inside the folder, you have to translate that. It's still Oreo and I haven't tried by myself, so please be careful and flash it at your own risk. The last update was on July, so I don't know if they are still updating the repository. If you find pie upgrades, share here as well, please.

Reactions: apkDownloader
Instructions are inside the folder, you have to translate that.

Google says the instructions translate to:

"We change the file name to Update.pkg.
We format the pendrive to fat32.
We are installing Update.pkg.
We disconnect the tv from the power supply.
We connect a pendrive.
We hold the power button on the tv (not on the remote control).
We connect the voltage all the time by holding power on tv.
We hold until the update information appears."

Jeddahisadog

Oct 18, 2021
I have a TCL 65" TV, purchased about 5 years ago and it was going ok until it wouldn't open YouTube so I did a reset on it with the hope that its memory would be rekindled. Alas, it didnt and now the once operating TV has nothing on it whatsoever ! What changed was it went from a TCL with Australian software on it to a Thompson with (EU) software on it. I can't scan channels of course (different country parameters), I can connect WiFi but not sure if it is working and it is now very slow to respond to remote, basically there is nothing there but I can still get into settings ect. It has a project Name of 65UB6406, Software V8-NT67FO2LF1V614, Chassis NT667EU and a Serial Num 1605DAJ60000600536. Is there any hope for this TV to be resurrected? I haven't been able to find any firmware for the Asia Pacific area for this TV. Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this about a year ago. I don't have the source, but I remember getting it from a forum where a TCL developer shared the folder. Instructions are inside the folder, you have to translate that. It's still Oreo and I haven't tried by myself, so please be careful and flash it at your own risk. The last update was on July, so I don't know if they are still updating the repository. If you find pie upgrades, share here as well, please.