TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

smartcard2

Mar 22, 2009
My TCL Android TV model 55p8m has stuck and can't press any key in remote. The screen gives options to - Try Again
- Factory data reset, but do not know how to select one of this option and continue without a keyboard or remote connected to the TV.
Please help

Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV
9/PPR1.180610.011/xin1_zeng05102015
User/release-keys
Use volume up/down and power
Can't load Android system. Your build may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perform a factory reset, and erase all user data stored on this device
- Try Again
- Factory data reset

miljenko

May 4, 2009
My TCL Android TV model 55p8m has stuck and can't press any key in remote. The screen gives options to - Try Again
- Factory data reset, but do not know how to select one of this option and continue without a keyboard or remote connected to the TV.
Please help

Your TV should have some buttons or multifunctional joystick somewhere behind. Look for that

Reactions: JawadMarruecos

smartcard2

Mar 22, 2009
use : V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680_PKG_USB_GMC.zip (will be done in 3 min)
extract it till u get a "Update.img" put it on a Usb Stick. Hold power button on your TV for around 10 seconds (while it's off).
Thanks fuqi.
I did the following:
1) unziped the Update.img file to a USB drive, the USB does not have any other file lthan Update.img
2) Switched off the TV
3) Inserted the USB stick to one of the USB port in the TV
4) Switched On the TV while holding the power button

But nothing happened, still the same of screen came back stating "Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV.........................."

smartcard2

Mar 22, 2009
knowing this plattform very well it is almost Impossible to corrupt the realtek update. mechanism.
there is supposed to come a blue screen with a Progress bar.

either way, you could also try the other v252 zip.

Should I make the USB stick as a bootable first (before copying the IMG file)?

MR.M3ATP1E

Jan 17, 2020
I keep trying the steps, I used multiple USB sticks (USB 2.0 and 3.0), tried it on both USB ports and the device just does not recognise it and it goes back to the android revovery screen. The bottom light also keeps blinking while the TV is on and also as soon as I turn on the switch on the power, the TV turns on, the only way to turn the TV on and off, is through the switch.

PS: I'm the same person as smartcard2

smartcard2

Mar 22, 2009
did you try "V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.zip" as well? since update.img and .zip files uses different update mechanism.
don't want to confuse you. V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680_PKG_USB_GMC.zip <- this is the .img you tried.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have been trying the V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680_PKG_USB_GMC.zip

Now I downloaded the V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.zip file, but it has many files not one single IMG file. So I unzipped all these files to the USB and tried but still did not work

Attachments

• V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.jpg
    V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,810

Top Liked Posts

Okay. Thank you for explaining.

I will give this method a go, when I get back home.
    Sidenote; if this method fails, should I use the other method (as described under IMG)?
    Yes, of course.
    You will have clean install, just must install all apps again.

Edit:
    Seemse V466 is update from local update and
    V467 zip file.... as IMG.
    Try both methods, just do not unzip V467.
    Thank you so much for helping so much just last question then i will install the update by reading FAQs and everything which update file should if download there are 2 files , ota zip file and img .
    Use OTA zip file (do not unzip) , copy to USB...setting...local update.
    Okay. Will give it a go later today. :)

One final question, probably very dumb, how do I reinstall the apps? I have never done this on this TV and I also never saw any kind of option to install apps on this TV before.

In the living room, we have a Samsung TV; there you have an app portal to install all kinds of apps. But I never saw this on the Thompson TV to be honest.
    I don't know well for this old model, but I think app(s) should also copy to USB and install.
    You can google also....
    Anyone here have another source for v715 img file because that media link is damn slow.
    V715 IMG
    Yup, for TV models year 2021 and above.... :D
    Oh that's sad , but still happy that my device have Android 11 update which I never expected.
    But i really thankfull to you for giving so much time to everyone who came here for help.
    Hello, I do not find information, what is the latest stable version for TCL 55 C715 with German language after test.
    Maybe V662? I do not care Android 11 or 9, but I need the stable version with German language and subtitles.

My TV is still using the version V6XX older than V625, I do not remember which version is exact. I will check it if I am at home.

Thanks!
    Latest.....firmware is global....
    Android 9.....V662
    Android 11...V715
    While spending the effort you might as well use the v715 found at post #3512 (page 176) IMG installation. Just be sure to extract (by WinZip etc) the zip file (to img) on USB stick root. It won't install from the zip file itself.
    Thank you. I found the image file for v715, extract out to USB and followed your insts.

I can see that light flickering on USB stick suggesting the TV is reading it, went on for approx 3-4 minutes. But Tv screen remains bluish, NO green progress bar. It could be appearing but cant see it, guess the tv video output failed. Its time for me to look for a New Tv.

Thank you again for your most valuable help & .. I wish you well.
    Perhaps perhaps... we no longer have access to the ftp's with all the internal builds so now we will only see builds that are officially published by TCL. It may take a while

I don't have complaints about V715 except the poor performance when compared to a cheap firestick, but that's because TCL used a crap CPU on these tv's. Not much can be done in software
    my TCL P8M was running under android 9 firmware (V8-R851T02-LF1V616). it was working fine, but then i upgrade to android 11 firmware (V8-R851T02-LF1V715) but i started notice a big performance drop, the system is too slow, 4k video drops fram and subtitles not working.
    so i tried to downgrade from v715 to v616 but unsuccessfully (i put img file for v616 in usb (exfat32) then plug of my tv and unsert the usb and hod the power button for 5s but it displayed (no command) instead of starting the downgrade process.
    could someone please give me an assistance for my problem.
    Have you tried formatting your USB to FAT32?
    Have you tried formatting your USB to FAT32?
    *HOW TO INSTALL*

Preparation:

- USB drive has to be FAT32
    - it should contain nothing else than the firmware
    - prefer using the USB 2.0 slot on your tv
    - prefer using a USB 2.0 drive
    - if it fails re-download the file again
    - if it still fails try another usb drive
    - Use a windows pc, no macos as macos unzips it wrong automatically

*OTA*
    1. Download zip
    2. copy zip to USB Drive (FAT32)
    3. plug it in TV (preferably USB 2.0)
    4. in the settings -> update -> choose local update

*IMG* (this will wipe your android data)
    1. Download zip
    2. unpack zip (sometimes it contains one IMG file, sometimes some files in it) & copy to USB Drive (FAT32)
    3. plug it in the tv
    4. shut down the tv
    5. then press & hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 5 seconds until the LED is flashing and wait for it to be installed.
    The power button is on EVERY TV and can be found most of the time behind the status LED in the middle of the TV

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.