• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

randand

Jul 31, 2020
Is no problem to downgrade firmware, so as you don't remember previous version , let say flash back to V625 and check.
Network update depend on region and TCL server,so need a time (depend of your version) to update.
Many thanks for your answer. So I can return to a previous version without risk of bricking the device, is it correct? Also to an older version, let's say 606?

Last edited:

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
I noticed something rather odd last night. Was playing some Insurgency (PC) and was getting incredibly bad red shift/blurring with all movement. Now I had reduced and got the picture to a level that I was happy with, removing most of this, from posts and suggestions of settings from this thread.

All settings were still as I have them, per AVPhilic and Stasiof.

I chose to turn off the Quick Start and power cycle the TV, so each time now it does a proper start up. I notice the picture is very much better now with a full restart, next to no, well, as good as it can get with this screen i reckon, red shift/blurring..

What would casue the TV to introduce artifacts to the picture quality, the longer it is powered on? 50C715

Last edited:

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
More info:

My P8 didn't recognized the R709 FW, I tried with the Zip on usb then with img file alone on root, but no joy with both ways

Last edited:

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Post your firmware version.
Here you go
20210725_181706.jpg

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
R709 IMG file must be unzip until "update.img", which copy to USB.
Off TV by remote (long press), USB inserted in port,
press and hold TV power button ,until LED start blinking.
If flashing didn't start, try different USB.
IMG update will erase all your apps.

hanigg

Jul 26, 2021
Hi everyone my p8 recently updated to V8-R851T02-LF1V634.018640 and since then the dynamic brightness option does not work every time i try to change it to Brightness+ or ECO nothing happens. Can anyone plz help me

Regulardealer

May 1, 2021
Ecuador
R709 IMG file must be unzip until "update.img", which copy to USB.
Off TV by remote (long press), USB inserted in port,
press and hold TV power button ,until LED start blinking.
If flashing didn't start, try different USB.
IMG update will erase all your apps.
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.

Reactions: stasiof

Feral_Nguni

Jun 8, 2021
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.Didn’t
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest questio
Maybe you could be less sarcastic and imply i ‘spammed’ anything. Just a honest observation.

Last edited:

zagor300

Jul 27, 2021
Please help.

I have 55c715 and i try to update android with 645 version. I selected file, verification went ok and tv rebooted. After that screen went black and led is blinking. Nothing on screen. I left for an hour and nothing on screen. The i turn tv off and on and screen is black and led is blinking - not pressing anything. Blinking even without USB inserted. Then I tried several Update.img on USB, push button for 10 seconds but screen remains black and led is blinking. No light on usb drive either. TV is only 14 days old.

thanks for your answers

SaiNiYom

Jul 27, 2021
Hello.
I’m Sai NiYom from Myanmar.
We don’t have such things as professional TV calibration here.
We have to make our TVs’ color look as good as possible on our own.
My recent TV is TCL P8M Android 4K TV which I bought one and half year ago.
I was very satisfied with it until I messed up with white balance 2 point values while playing an animation film in HDR.
I reset white balance, did factory reset, upgraded the firmware and did everything I could to get the colors back to normal.
But the colors are not the same as they used to before.
I’ve been struggling with it for almost a month now and I would like to ask for your kind suggestions.
Thank you so much in advance.

• Wow
Reactions: titovski

Top Liked Posts