• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

randand

Jul 31, 2020
Moto G30
Is no problem to downgrade firmware, so as you don't remember previous version , let say flash back to V625 and check.
Network update depend on region and TCL server,so need a time (depend of your version) to update.
Many thanks for your answer. So I can return to a previous version without risk of bricking the device, is it correct? Also to an older version, let's say 606?

Last edited:

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
I noticed something rather odd last night. Was playing some Insurgency (PC) and was getting incredibly bad red shift/blurring with all movement. Now I had reduced and got the picture to a level that I was happy with, removing most of this, from posts and suggestions of settings from this thread.

All settings were still as I have them, per AVPhilic and Stasiof.

I chose to turn off the Quick Start and power cycle the TV, so each time now it does a proper start up. I notice the picture is very much better now with a full restart, next to no, well, as good as it can get with this screen i reckon, red shift/blurring..

What would casue the TV to introduce artifacts to the picture quality, the longer it is powered on? 50C715

Last edited:

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
More info:

My P8 didn't recognized the R709 FW, I tried with the Zip on usb then with img file alone on root, but no joy with both ways

Last edited:

vegetaleb

Feb 26, 2010
Beirut
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Post your firmware version.
Here you go
20210725_181706.jpg

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
R709 IMG file must be unzip until "update.img", which copy to USB.
Off TV by remote (long press), USB inserted in port,
press and hold TV power button ,until LED start blinking.
If flashing didn't start, try different USB.
IMG update will erase all your apps.

hanigg

Jul 26, 2021
Hi everyone my p8 recently updated to V8-R851T02-LF1V634.018640 and since then the dynamic brightness option does not work every time i try to change it to Brightness+ or ECO nothing happens. Can anyone plz help me

Regulardealer

May 1, 2021
Ecuador
R709 IMG file must be unzip until "update.img", which copy to USB.
Off TV by remote (long press), USB inserted in port,
press and hold TV power button ,until LED start blinking.
If flashing didn't start, try different USB.
IMG update will erase all your apps.
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.

Reactions: stasiof

Feral_Nguni

Jun 8, 2021
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.Didn’t
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question.
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest question
Could we stop repeating this and send all this people spamming the same question to the search box? Just a honest questio
Maybe you could be less sarcastic and imply i ‘spammed’ anything. Just a honest observation.

Last edited:

zagor300

Jul 27, 2021
Please help.

I have 55c715 and i try to update android with 645 version. I selected file, verification went ok and tv rebooted. After that screen went black and led is blinking. Nothing on screen. I left for an hour and nothing on screen. The i turn tv off and on and screen is black and led is blinking - not pressing anything. Blinking even without USB inserted. Then I tried several Update.img on USB, push button for 10 seconds but screen remains black and led is blinking. No light on usb drive either. TV is only 14 days old.

thanks for your answers

SaiNiYom

Jul 27, 2021
Hello.
I’m Sai NiYom from Myanmar.
We don’t have such things as professional TV calibration here.
We have to make our TVs’ color look as good as possible on our own.
My recent TV is TCL P8M Android 4K TV which I bought one and half year ago.
I was very satisfied with it until I messed up with white balance 2 point values while playing an animation film in HDR.
I reset white balance, did factory reset, upgraded the firmware and did everything I could to get the colors back to normal.
But the colors are not the same as they used to before.
I’ve been struggling with it for almost a month now and I would like to ask for your kind suggestions.
Thank you so much in advance.

• Wow
Reactions: titovski

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANDROID 11.......

New TCL R851T02 Android TV Update available in R007 (V900)

V8-R851T02-LF1R007.019203

http://as-update.cedock.com/apps/resource2...T02-LF1V900.zip

build date= Sep 13 2021
    build= 1631490333
    security_patch= 2021-09-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_R_GTVS
    software.version_name= AR02
    OTA size= 1.344GB

Not tested yet....
    Recommendation:
    Wait for more stable version.

NOTE:
    Need to flash as IMG file with TV power button.

photo-2021-10-07-16-48-29.jpg
    Be advised!

I would suggest NOT to install this Android11 update yet, wait until bugs are sorted out.

I have 50C715

Firstly, great to see Android11 on its way! Awesome, cant wait for normal performance and functionality. Good job TCL and anyone else working on updates ;)

Positive
    I have found that Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) is now available, I have not been able to test to see if it does anything yet​

Negative - HDMI inputs DO NOT WORK
    I can not get my PC to display a picture. Have tried HDMI 1 and 3. The TV recognises the PC resolution but it can not find a signal. I also notice that the HDMI option for enabling 2.0 is no longer present in the options.​

Digital TV channel scanning is not possible.​

As most of use would be gamers on PC or consoles, this is not a viable update as cant play if you can not access the output of your chosen device. Im guessing DVD/bluerays wont work either, from what I can tell, HDMI is broken

Trying to work out how to revert back to an earlier Android9 update, as I can't use my PC where I have the files lol. Lucky I have a work PC with me, just trickier..
    V900 works good on my TCL 55EP640...
    Thanks good.

Its interesting then. 2 users having R007 (v900) working on xxEP640
    2 not working on xxC715
    1 not working in xxP615

Is it better suited and made for only specific TV models? Eg just the EP640?
    The HDMI stopped working for me on this version as well... though my power on remote stopped working a couple versions ago. I had to use voice command. But then, voice command didnt work on new version. After downgrading way back to v453, my power still didnt work on remote. I tried repairing and unplugging tv, swapping batteries, even doing a factory reset and trying to pair remote in fresh setup flow... nothing worked until i found the exact process. I unplugged TV power, removed batteries, powered up tv, and did not place batteries in remote until TV fully booted (this was on TCL's troubleshooting steps) -- and it worked!
    Hello today i want Suggest & share TCL C715 settings for Xbox series x, at first never enable HDR for this tv disable HDR on xbox .

also you need to enable in Xbox settings -- > ALLOW YCC 4.2.2 and use 10 BIT color depth this settings did not exceed hdmi 2.0 bandwidth also has less banding .

tv setting must be

SDR
    Game mode : ON for lowest input lag
    brightness: 100
    Contrast : 100
    Dynamic Contrast : Low or Hight ( I prefer High )
    local contrast : low
    Black stretch : 0
    Dynamic Backlight : off
    color : 45
    black level : 48
    Sharpness : 0
    color space : auto
    color temperature : -1
    Gamma : 0

HDR : X not good for this tv

with this settings tv gets darkest blacks as possible and brightest whites , picture are fantastic clear and 3 dimensional, fantastic result on forza horizon 4 and more

I 100% recommend to try this settings on this tv and xbox if you want bright and Crystal clear image

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB