• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello.
I’m Sai NiYom from Myanmar.
We don’t have such things as professional TV calibration here.
We have to make our TVs’ color look as good as possible on our own.
My recent TV is TCL P8M Android 4K TV which I bought one and half year ago.
I was very satisfied with it until I messed up with white balance 2 point values while playing an animation film in HDR.
I reset white balance, did factory reset, upgraded the firmware and did everything I could to get the colors back to normal.
But the colors are not the same as they used to before.
I’ve been struggling with it for almost a month now and I would like to ask for your kind suggestions.
Thank you so much in advance.
Try again factory reset and afier flash IMG file...maybe help.
Edit:
You didn't play with "Service menu"?

hanigg

Jul 26, 2021
Hello does anyone have any good picture settings for L43P8 specify for gaming both SDR and HDR looks to dark on default option

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020

Attachments

• 649.PNG
    649.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

pektus

Nov 4, 2011
my 55P8s uses the GMT+0 (UK time) since updating from stock firmware, and this resets to that time zone every time I turn off then turn on the TV. any solution for my time zone to persist (GMT+8/UTC+8)?

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
URL file size : 1.37732Gb
Android 9.0
BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
- Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
- (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
- Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.
** Edit - nevermind, I re-downloaded the file and it is now working, flashing.

Succeeded and appears working fine. Thanks!

Will see how this goes!

---

Hey team,

I am trying to flash this on my 50C715, the update is not recognised by the TV.

I have tried the full zip and also extracted it and neither will be detected.

In root of USB, its it the ziip or the extracted folder? Does the name of the folder or zip for this one need to be renamed maybe? The name of the download is V8-R851T02-LF1V649.019097.zip

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: rafsteam

rafsteam

Jul 10, 2018
** Edit - nevermind, I re-downloaded the file and it is now working, flashing.

Succeeded and appears working fine. Thanks!

Will see how this goes!

---

Hey team,

I am trying to flash this on my 50C715, the update is not recognised by the TV.

I have tried the full zip and also extracted it and neither will be detected.

In root of USB, its it the ziip or the extracted folder? Does the name of the folder or zip for this one need to be renamed maybe? The name of the download is V8-R851T02-LF1V649.019097.zip

thanks
Let us know how it compares to the "previous best" R709! Thank you!

rafsteam

Jul 10, 2018
I would also like to share a tool to debloat TCL that I have scavenged from 4PDA. If anyone knows Russian alphabet, could you write a working tutorial for it?

Attachments

• ATV_Script_[2.2].zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Let us know how it compares to the "previous best" R709! Thank you!
I have not actually used R709. I've gone through v389 which was atrocious, v645 which improved a lot of colour bleeding/blurring, and now v649 which I have to say, is another improvment and is at the moment, awesome. I never had the HLG issue, or could not identify it if I did.

Since update to v649, I've used the PC and streamed 4k HDR Netflix (Defenders and Lost in Space). The colours are more natural but very colourful without being over the top, no bleeding at all, and us noticeable sharper, clear and more defined. Specular highlight very sharp and detailed.

It could be all imagined, but it does seem clearer.

I wanted to return the tv after a week, quite happy with it now

Reactions: rafsteam

elison_nc

Jun 20, 2021
I have not actually used R709. I've gone through v389 which was atrocious, v645 which improved a lot of colour bleeding/blurring, and now v649 which I have to say, is another improvment and is at the moment, awesome. I never had the HLG issue, or could not identify it if I did.

Since update to v649, I've used the PC and streamed 4k HDR Netflix (Defenders and Lost in Space). The colours are more natural but very colourful without being over the top, no bleeding at all, and us noticeable sharper, clear and more defined. Specular highlight very sharp and detailed.

Did you reset to factory settings after upgrade to v649?

kunoichia

Mar 19, 2015
I have R709 installed now. Trying to flash v649. Get error , fail to find new update software?

Sorted by running USB from 10 sec power button way way

Last edited:

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
hello, today i got this update in playstore , what it does, nothing change after update, is it package for future update?
EA5C79F4-D6CF-43B7-AFCA-43CFD8B4ECD9.jpeg

rafsteam

Jul 10, 2018

What picture settings are you using? And do you use the dedicated PC mode?

Top Liked Posts