• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
can someone link the android 11 update?
I have:

model #50c715
software #V8-R851T02-LF1V606.017688

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
@stasiof
Thanks I found it just before you reply me :)
I am currently on 606 and have LOTS of problem tv is SLOWWWWW lag.
Is any improvement on 650 / 653 for the lag/slow???

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Yes, is many improvements.
If you don't have many addittional apps, best way is to update with IMG file,
which will wipe all your system.
Or just flash OTA file and do factory restore (if need).

elison_nc

Jun 20, 2021
@stasiof
Thanks I found it just before you reply me :)
I am currently on 606 and have LOTS of problem tv is SLOWWWWW lag.
Is any improvement on 650 / 653 for the lag/slow???

Check your remote batteries, when you click and something doesn't happen, or you need to click two times, it's because the controller is low on battery, when is like that the TV looks very slow, but is actually the remote, telling you to put new batteries.

Reactions: titovski

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
Check your remote batteries, when you click and something doesn't happen, or you need to click two times, it's because the controller is low on battery, when is like that the TV looks very slow, but is actually the remote, telling you to put new batteries.
Thanks but the lag on 55 C715 is real lag.
Sometimes press button arrows multiple times in some media app & after like 10-20 seconds it will respond and suddenly move multiple times (responding to those previous presses of key)
So it's a real lag.

I have NVIDIA shield on another tv and can see the performance higher on shield.
very sad!!

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks but the lag on 55 C715 is real lag.
Sometimes press button arrows multiple times in some media app & after like 10-20 seconds it will respond and suddenly move multiple times (responding to those previous presses of key)
So it's a real lag.

I have NVIDIA shield on another tv and can see the performance higher on shield.
very sad!!
10-15 min need to update firmware.....

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
10-15 min need to update firmware.....
Yep I did the update to v653.
Some minor improvement to speed definitely yes.

Some apps still lag though. I think it's also a problem some apps are too slow.

I guess this is the best possible on TCL tv.

I tried the android 11 upgrade now.
but when i uploaded the zip file to the USB and power on it tell me no update package available

what am i doing wrong?
i didnt unzip the file (it's an OTA update from the post 2359)

EDIT: Found the problem. you MUST NOT RENAME the ota update filename.
The TV search for the update zip by filename
(V8-R851T02-LF1V900)

It's looking for V8-R851T02- *******
I had changed the filename to: TCL_TV_50C715_firmware_V8-R851T02-LF1V900

Now the firmware is updating

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Now the firmware is updating
You will have problem to flash back,as Android 11 (R007) firmware is very buggy.
V8-R851T02-LF1V900 is just name of zip file and not firmware.
On the end you will end up with flashing IMG file, which will wipe all your apps....then you will have speedy system..haha

Reactions: fatjoez

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
I tried the V900 firmware on my C715 tv a couple of days ago.
The difference in responsiveness between V900 and V653 is night and day.
The ONLY reason I went back to V653 is because Dolby Vision and HDR10/+ was super dark and un-watchable.
No amount of tweaking could fix it for me.
Now on V653 I have similar lag in programmes as @fatjoez, but I have been experiencing that since V620 so not a big deal.

Reactions: fatjoez and jabes01

MadMungo

Nov 30, 2013
Sydney
I was able to flash back using the V653 OTA file. Had to do a factory reset as I got an error when booting saying something along the lines of "there was a problem starting android" - Try restarting again / Perform Factory Reset. After that was back on V653, re-setup tv, and back to how it always has been.

Reactions: fatjoez

fatjoez

Feb 25, 2011
I'm on Android 11 beta now (the latest one posted about 5 days ago in the telegram group).
Honestly it's so far OK. I don't know maybe you guys used it more than me.

So far I tested the apps:
PLEX, SmartYoutube, general browsing user interface.

My opinion it's not slower or faster. It's still painful slow as all previous versions lol.
I might get an Nvidia Shield and stop wasting time on this tv.

Also I argued with TCL about this tv & they accepted to return the TV for refund $ because of the slowness.
So I will probably do that.

I wanted to replace it with a C825 (2021 miniled TCL) but I read that they used a MediaTek CPU and it sucks performance.

Really sad what is happening with technology. Suppliers are using rubbish CPU which 90% of customer don't understand the performance is bad but the 10% like us can see it's obviously bad.

Reactions: cbm80

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
i think its more a ram issue, 2 gb shared with video is nothing. once u trim down the system mit AdbAppControl it will become way more responsive.

edit: here's my preset in case anyone wants to try
Thanks for reminding me of this App, Stasiof first mentioned this to me. I have now gone through and disabled/deleted various apps, restarted TV system (reboot) and have 654MB free RAM. Not sure how much difference it'll make, there may be other apps can disable, not sure yet.. Not all that you offered in your .txt was on my TV.

Handy little tool.. Cheers

Top Liked Posts