• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
What to do? Read this thread to learn how to update your TV.. it's easy, educate your self and give your TV some better functionality.

Search for v653, download to USB and flash as per instructions in the thread
I just searched online and every available link for the update isn't opening, if u have it could you please drop it on Google drive?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I just searched online and every available link for the update isn't opening, if u have it could you please drop it on Google drive?
I suggest you to use V650 IMG file, as your version is very old.
But all your apps will be deleted.

Once OTA links is back online ,can update to V653.

Need to unzip, till "update.img" and copy to USB.
TV must be OFF.
Insert USB in TV input.
Press and hold TV power button, till update start, leave untill TV reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckychux

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
I suggest you to use V650 IMG file, as your version is very old.
But all your apps will be deleted.

Once OTA links is back online ,can update to V653.

Nee to unzip till "update.img" and copy to USB.
TV must be OFF.
Insert USB in TV input.
Press and hold TV power button, till update start, leave untill TV reboot.
Did everything but didn't work, my TV just boots and starts up normally. I'm I to put the .img file into any folder

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
Thanks guys have done the update, now I can use Samsung Dex on my Tv. I'm now enjoying the TV
20211022_152021 (1).jpg

Reactions: twerg

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
That's probably because you skip the pairing process at the first boot of the tv, after the update, try reset de tv(in the menu settings) you get the initial screen to pair your remote
But now that I have downloaded apps, if I reset the TV will the apps remove? And the mic on d remote works but not the mic on the TV. After doing this will it work?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
But now that I have downloaded apps, if I reset the TV will the apps remove? And the mic on d remote works but not the mic on the TV. After doing this will it work?
Check MIC switch at the back of TV, near power button.
The user above didn't mean factory reset, he supose to state ResetAll and Reset shop in Service menu.

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
Check MIC switch at the back of TV, near power button.
The user above didn't mean factory reset, he supose to state ResetAll and Reset shop in Service menu.
Have done the reset All and saw the option of activate mic during setup, still not working. Whenever I click the switch at the back it tells me mic off and on but yet when on it still doesn't work, maybe the mic wasn't working when I got it and I didn't notice it :(:(

Top Liked Posts