• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Have done the reset All and saw the option of activate mic during setup, still not working. Whenever I click the switch at the back it tells me mic off and on but yet when on it still doesn't work, maybe the mic wasn't working when I got it and I didn't notice it :(:(
Also in TV setting has option...OK Google detection and LED Indicator/ Mic LED (keep Power LED normal).
Then in Device Preferences / Google Assistant.....(on)....OK Google detection again.

chuckychux

Mar 16, 2013
Lagos
Also in TV setting has option...OK Google detection and LED Indicator/ Mic LED (keep Power LED normal).
Then in Device Preferences / Google Assistant.....(on)....OK Google detection again.
Done everything here and still not working
20211024_064720~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20211024_064637.jpg
    20211024_064637.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 37

Madhias

Jul 21, 2016
Hello everyone,

what are the practical/functional differences between a recent Android 9 version and Android 11? So far I have not seen any important improvements that would justify an update

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Hello everyone,

what are the practical/functional differences between a recent Android 9 version and Android 11? So far I have not seen any important improvements that would justify an update
Basically, at this point, Android 11 is not functional. v9 works really well particualry on v653, whereas most features do not work / are broken on v11.

Give it a try to find out if you like, otherwise wait until a full correct version is available.

v11 is to bring 4k homescreen and ALLM too, not sure what else

Reactions: Madhias

Bobcolly

Oct 27, 2021
How the hell do I remove this text? It keeps popping on and off. It started appearing after I clicked on "reset all" in the suggested 1950 menu and after rebooting the TV later.

Btw just noticed that the HDR video doesn't play, it just shows black screen while the progress bar is moving normally. Am I going to have to do a full reset here or is there a way to save this?

Bobcolly

Oct 27, 2021
How the hell do I remove this text? It keeps popping on and off. It started appearing after I clicked on "reset all" in the suggested 1950 menu and after rebooting the TV later.

Btw just noticed that the HDR video doesn't play, it just shows black screen while the progress bar is moving normally. Am I going to have to do a full reset here or is there a way to save this?
Av got the same problem, someone plz help

Sam's71

Oct 29, 2021
Hello, I'm new member
Can I ask to everyone? Hope not in wrong threads, I have TCL p715 series with no Dolby Atmos at all, and I plan to buy Samsung q600a which support Dolby Atmos, so my question is, can it really work? I mean play Dolby Atmos nicely, It's say Samsung has only have arc not earc same as my tv or should I buy another Soundbar for my TCL p715? Any advice?

Ps: sorry for my bad English
I'm in Indonesia so only big three Soundbar can easily available (Samsung, Sony, and LG) at the market

Last edited:

cRaWnEr

Jul 3, 2012
Alicante
New "R" version....R508 (custom IMG )
V8-R851T02-LF1R508

build date= May 08 2021
build= 1620449995
security_patch= 2020-09-05
gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
software.version_name=AP06
size = 2.92 GB
Hi there.
I have the famous ghosting issue with my 50C715 and I wanted to ask you, is this the latest firmware without ghosting issues?

After googleing a bit some people recommended v638 and others 645 annd I'm a bit confused. That's why I prefer to ask you before what is the latest firmware for this model without the issue. I read that after update a factory reset is required to completely solve the problem, is that correct?

Also, should I flash as local update or by power button? Thanks in advance.

PS: My TV was bought in Spain so I suppose is EU region if that helps in any way
PS2: Current Software version V8-R851T02-LF1V625.018435. No network updates detected

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
You have not much choice now, as TCL OTA links ,posted here are no more available, since last week.

For "local update" (OTA) latest firmware is V653 , with working backup download links.
V653 OTA...

Every firmware is global.
Other working links are R709/806 or IMG files, which require TV power button and will wipe your apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: cRaWnEr and jabes01

cRaWnEr

Jul 3, 2012
Alicante
You have not much choice now, as TCL OTA links ,posted here are no more available, since last week.

For "local update" (OTA) latest firmware is V653 , with working backup download links.
V653 OTA...

Every firmware is global.
Other working links are R709/806 or IMG files, which require TV power button and will wipe your apps.
Thank you very much, sir.
I'm downloading the OTA and after update I will factory reset the TV and test.

Just out of curiosity, when you say 'you have not much of a choice' you mean there were newer versions than v653 but last week links stopped workimg and this link you provided is a backup file?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thank you very much, sir.
I'm downloading the OTA and after update I will factory reset the TV and test.

Just out of curiosity, when you say 'you have not much of a choice' you mean there were newer versions than v653 but last week links stopped workimg and this link you provided is a backup file?
I mean other (previous) OTA download links, but latest firmware is V653.
I am on V653 also.

Edit:
Has Android 11 pre-beta test firmware also, but is very buggy, so stay with this latest Android 9 version.

Reactions: cRaWnEr

cRaWnEr

Jul 3, 2012
Alicante
I mean other (previous) OTA download links, but latest firmware is V653.
I am on V653 also.

Edit:
Has Android 11 pre-beta test firmware also, but is very buggy, so stay with this latest Android 9 version.
Perfect. Thank you very much.
Do these firmware have OTA support or will I need to manually update the next stable version?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Perfect. Thank you very much.
Do these firmware have OTA support or will I need to manually update the next stable version?
Every firmware has auto OTA support, just is always very slow and depend on country.
Network (Auto) update mostly display that you have latest firmware,which is far from reality.
Firmware for manual update always appear before.

Reactions: cRaWnEr

Top Liked Posts