• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

├ EGH ┤

Jun 28, 2015
"ResetAll and Reset Shop" in service menu ?
I read somewhere that reset help.
Not sure where, as I read many forums every day.... :D
The last few days it worked as it should but now the problem is back...

I have tested the AV-Receiver on a another TV and it works without a problem, so... any other ideas?

tmcstn

Dec 1, 2021
Hello, I have a problem with my TCL C715 since update 653, I have a counter with running time which appears when I press the "Info" button, did you know how to deactivate this ?

Feral_Nguni

Jun 8, 2021
Hello, I have a problem with my TCL C715 since update 653, I have a counter with running time which appears when I press the "Info" button, did you know how to deactivate this ?
I was on V653 for a long time on my C715. Went back to V650 and noticed colors were much improved and fluidity of menu’s was quicker

tmcstn

Dec 1, 2021
Haha no but thanks for the info anyway :) My problem is not serious either, but it's still strange ... I tried a clean reinstallation through the hidden menu it doesn't change anything.

tiokno

Dec 5, 2021
I have a TCL 43P616 since October and I've just updated it from a firmware of September 2020 to January 2021 (RT51_Android_P_V645, V8-R851T02-LF1V6345)
I've found it on the TCL website after checking all Android TVs since the search option on this website is really bad and my TV was telling me that I was on the last firmware when I was trying to update (So glad that I've bought this TV that can't even update properly...)

I wanted to know if this was really the last update for my TV and if it's normal that the mediacenter website everyone linked for updates is now closed behind a login for resellers, distributors, etc.?

And if there is a way to fix the media player with stretched 4K video if they're not in 16:9 (other media player apps are not that great, VLC is lagging with 4K videos for exemple)
Also if it's possible to remove the "eco warning/energy efficiency" each time I'm changing something in the settings

abhi.eternal

Jan 25, 2011
Bangalore
abhijeetdeb.com
I just got the Google TV "Discover" UI update on my 55P615. The OS is still on Android 9 though (currently running v650). Is there any info if my TV model will get Android 12, which apparently also started rolling out as well?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I just got the Google TV "Discover" UI update on my 55P615. The OS is still on Android 9 though (currently running v650). Is there any info if my TV model will get Android 12, which apparently also started rolling out as well?
Where you see Android 12 ?
Supose to upgrade to ATV 11 (this year ?).

├ EGH ┤

Jun 28, 2015
I like TCL...
IMG-20211207-WA0003.jpeg

Apr 20, 2021
Read again.

And even that they didn't manage to keep. Tcl doesn't care about the user experience. We're all just beta testers. They should give the software development to people who know what they are doing.

And btw. I use the new Google ui on my c715 and it works very well. So I don't know why tcl shouldn't upgrade to Google TV official. But it's TCL and as I say, they don't care.

Last edited:

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Read again.

And even that they didn't manage to keep. Tcl doesn't care about the user experience. We're all just beta testers. They should give the software development to people who know what they are doing.

And btw. I use the new Google ui on my c715 and it works very well. So I don't know why tcl shouldn't upgrade to Google TV official. But it's TCL and as I say, they don't care.
This smells just like the Realme situation. Most of their models are just neglected because they just immediately turn their attention to the one just released, like who cares about long term support. I ****ed up buying a Realme phone, and I ****ed up buying a TCL TV.

Top Liked Posts

OK guys,

I found V660 OTA file......V8-R851T02-LF1V660.019318

The tv is generally more laggy on V677 compared to V653 when playing 4k content, e.g in youtube.
    in V653 watching streams at 1440p60Hz was without problems. But now on V677 it stutters or crashes after a while.
    for me the picture and sound is the best on v677 and r117
    I downloaded and tested latest beta version of android 11.

My personal opinion, i dont see any difference, from v660 android 9 in terms of menu, etc.. except a new android logo when tv is turning on.
    Compared to previous beta version, everything is working ok, but when changing from 4k, to 4k with HDR enabled, it lags, and takes a few seconds to show image again using HDMI, in my case, PS5 console.

In terms of image quality, equal or slightly better than v660.
    I am not an expert, i am a normal user, that likes to test new things.

In netflix, youtube, hbo, works absolutly great.
    KODI, i dont use it anymore, i cant give my opinion for some users.

i use wifi connection, but usind ethernet port is a huge diference and can take full advantage of 4k content streams, etc...

I enabled the DEV MODE on settings, and disabled all animations options, and that takes a diference using the normal menu, etc..

Has a daily FW, i will keep it on Android 11, since i can use the TV as i used with v660.

For "hardcore users" probably can test and give more detailed info than me, but i just decided to give my feedback.

Any questions, or recomendations regarding some tweeks i could do on android DEV settings i would be apreciated.

Regards everyone!
    I know its quite some time now. Can you provide any newer versions for MS 6586?
    No new V versions, only some R custom version.

Edit:
    Found one new....V467

New TCL R851T02 Android TV Update available in V677 IMG file

ANDROID 11

V8-R851T02-LF1V677.000023
    (Beta test version)

V677 IMG File:

build date= Dec 02 2021
    build=
    security_patch= 2021-09-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_R
    IMG size= 3.00 GB

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edit:
    So far positive response.....

https://t.me/tclupdates_discussion

3.jpg

2022-01-17-001955.png
    Hi all,

I've been experimenting and troubleshooting with my 50C715 in trying to get the lowest input lag for gaming. I mostly use it for retro gaming. So far I feel that the display lag is quite good, and the majority of issues with pixel trails have been resolved, but there is still an issue with sound lag. I use the TV's internal speakers for sound output for now.

V653 had a very noticable delay in sound I've recently installed V660 after using V653 for a while and hoped that it would improve the sound delay, but if it has it appears to be only marginal. I've run sound tests by connecting a pair of amplified desktop speakers to the headphones jack and running a video/audio synchronicity test, and have the same sound delay issue. However, when I connect the speakers directly to the gaming console there is a noticable improvement. It becomes very obvious when I use the desktop speakers connected to the gaming console as well as output from the TV, as you can hear the desktop speakers first before the TV's speakers.

I've tried adjusting all the settings that I can think of but none make a difference to the sound delay. I've also tried adjusting the settings in the service menu.

Does anyone else have the same experience? I've seen reports of soundbar delays which could be related. Beyond that, does any one have any recommendations to resolve it? My next best option would probably be buying an AV unit to connect all my consoles to and output the sound from there before it's sent to the TV.
    OK guys,

I found V660 OTA file......V8-R851T02-LF1V660.019318

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB