TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

blossom

Jan 30, 2008
I have TCL TV with version number V8-R851T02-LF1V634.018640

Can I just upgrade to v677 Android 11 or i have to upgrade to v466 first?

Thanks

NavyPunk426

Sep 20, 2010
I've been lurking through this fourm/post off and on for a bit. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out what is the latest firmware I can get for my BeyondTV5. The TCL model number is 40S220 and the software version I have now is V8-R851T10-LF1V104.018750. What should I be looking for in a IMG download to know if it's compatible with my TV?

Thanks!

elsico96

May 6, 2020
Hello everyone, I've been reading some posts and I can't find a guide to do what I want to do: I have a TCL 65C715, version 653 and I want to disable Dolby Vision or at least put HDR as a priority when I play content (Netflix, Disney+, HBO). I did not find an option as such in the secret menu.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone, I've been reading some posts and I can't find a guide to do what I want to do: I have a TCL 65C715, version 653 and I want to disable Dolby Vision or at least put HDR as a priority when I play content (Netflix, Disney+, HBO). I did not find an option as such in the secret menu.
Not possible.

elsico96

May 6, 2020
Is it possible to at least dim the brightness on Dolby Vision content? Because sometimes I find the dynamic change in brightness a bit annoying, especially at night. Whether in bright or dark mode, I find the image too bright. I understand that's the way Dolby Vision works, but it gets tiring on the eyes after a few hours.

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Is it possible to at least dim the brightness on Dolby Vision content? Because sometimes I find the dynamic change in brightness a bit annoying, especially at night. Whether in bright or dark mode, I find the image too bright. I understand that's the way Dolby Vision works, but it gets tiring on the eyes after a few hours.
There is a brightness mode you can turn down, or set to Dolby Vision Dark.

You could also stream from a PC or other device connected to TV that does not process or can turn off Dolby Vision. There are work arounds

elsico96

May 6, 2020
There is a brightness mode you can turn down, or set to Dolby Vision Dark.

You could also stream from a PC or other device connected to TV that does not process or can turn off Dolby Vision. There are work arounds
I connected a Google Chromecast with Google TV (it does allow you to choose the preference between Dolby Vision and HDR) and set it to only use HDR, everything works fine. Except that the Chromecast doesn't pick up enough wifi signal even at the same distance. So it was a solution, let's say.

Reactions: twerg

mcchecker

Oct 14, 2011
Hey everyone who's using the R11 beta,
Did anybody else notice the "live channels" options in the input-menu?
I've got Pluto TV installed, but I didn't get it running. Did anybody figure out how to set it up?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I connected a Google Chromecast with Google TV (it does allow you to choose the preference between Dolby Vision and HDR) and set it to only use HDR, everything works fine. Except that the Chromecast doesn't pick up enough wifi signal even at the same distance. So it was a solution, let's say.
In TV itself, you have (as stated by twerg) Dolby Vision Dark and additional you can play with Gamma setting.

Reactions: twerg and elsico96

hay19000

Jun 14, 2021
I have flashed V66 coming from R117 and finally when I power off my Nvidia shield the Tv also is powered off so CEC is working great but the black colour is washed out compared to R117 even with tweaks provided in this forum also menu is slower
And yes I have done the reset.

Top Liked Posts