TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

darklordi

Feb 27, 2009
Anyone else killed Chromecast built-in with v701? ): (play services updated)

After several rounds of cache clearing of different apps it started working again

Last edited:

iuve

May 24, 2013
Hey can anyone help me with upgrading my 50EP640?

I read how to flash firmwares and have done it via offical TCL .zip files and USB drives few times before. However the offical TCL updates from their site are old (AFAIK).

My TCL is on Android 9 and would like to update it to (safe) 11 version (I read that 2019 models got android 11 updates).

Which one of these updates should I look at?

https://t.me/s/tclupdates

My firmware is as below (localization: POLAND).

Do I have to do this via .img file and physical ON button on tv?

Should I install few firmwares to get to the latest or only the newest one (which one?).

THANK YOU.

EDIT: @stasiof in other thread suggested that I should go with this update:

There are two files however. Which one should I get? Is it safe to install it?

OTA and IMG. Are those the same or what is the order?

Attachments

• IMG20220504170105.jpg
    IMG20220504170105.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:

I read how to flash firmwares and have done it via offical TCL .zip files and USB drives few times before. However the offical TCL updates from their site are old (AFAIK).

My TCL is on Android 9 and would like to update it to (safe) 11 version (I read that 2019 models got android 11 updates).

Which one of these updates should I look at?

https://t.me/s/tclupdates

My firmware is as below (localization: POLAND).

Do I have to do this via .img file and physical ON button on tv?

Should I install few firmwares to get to the latest or only the newest one (which one?).

THANK YOU.

EDIT: @stasiof in other thread suggested that I should go with this update:

Yes, you should go with V701, OTA leaves your data intact, IMG factory resets your TV. You can go with whatever you like.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

Download first OTA file (from top) and copy zip to USB.
In setting...About...Local update.

MADMAX313

May 27, 2021
Good day. Has anyone experienced this? pink stripe at the top of the screen. model s717 androyd 11. any idea what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_151144.jpg
    IMG_20220429_151144.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20220429_152450.jpg
    IMG_20220429_152450.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 124

tmcstn

Dec 1, 2021
Hello everyone, i did the 701 update, the image and everything else is great no problem but when I press the "Info" button to know if the source is in 4K, HDR ect ... There is a usage counter that appears, which was not there before and which in addition is not good. Nothing serious it is true but quite boring, do you know how to remove that?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone, i did the 701 update, the image and everything else is great no problem but when I press the "Info" button to know if the source is in 4K, HDR ect ... There is a usage counter that appears, which was not there before and which in addition is not good. Nothing serious it is true but quite boring, do you know how to remove that?
Post pic....

iuve

May 24, 2013
Hey.

I'd like to know if there is any "fix" so my 50EP640 would "handle" 120 fps streams on Twitch.tv app?

I upgraded my tv to android 11 V701 OTA version hoping that it would maybe make those streams work.

As soon as I run someones stream (on Twitch.tv) that is in 1080p but 120fps (instead of standard 60fps) my screen freezes after 2 seconds (the sound is still there) - so I can watch those streamers only on 720p60 .

Is the maybe any solution to "fix" this?

I very like to watch twitch streams, however many streamers currently switching to 1080p 120fps instead of the standard 60fps (which works fine). Sadly, when they switch to 120fps, there isn't 1080p 60fps available any more (even thogh the twitch overlay say it's 60fps)

thucksoft

Mar 16, 2009
Salvador
Hey.

I'd like to know if there is any "fix" so my 50EP640 would "handle" 120 fps streams on Twitch.tv app?

I upgraded my tv to android 11 V701 OTA version hoping that it would maybe make those streams work.

As soon as I run someones stream (on Twitch.tv) that is in 1080p but 120fps (instead of standard 60fps) my screen freezes after 2 seconds (the sound is still there) - so I can watch those streamers only on 720p60 .

Is the maybe any solution to "fix" this?

I very like to watch twitch streams, however many streamers currently switching to 1080p 120fps instead of the standard 60fps (which works fine). Sadly, when they switch to 120fps, there isn't 1080p 60fps available any more (even thogh the twitch overlay say it's 60fps)
Have you tried 120fps from other source? Maybe it's a bug specific to the twitch app?

AltamashAN

Jul 25, 2012
Hi, I have iffalcon 43k71, will this firmware work? If so, I have LF1V634 installed. Can I directly update it to 701 through OTA.

Oski146

Oct 14, 2015
Can i flash google tv onto my 50ep644? My tv is running 701 but i dont updated to 701. Had the 6xx flashed, how could this be

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got V715 for my TCL 55p715 TV today.
    • Worked for me, not sure if it'll work for you.
    As for tests I've done.
    • None!
    • I use it as a dumb TV mostly as its connected to the Nvidia Shield 24/7, so not sure what quirks it might have, if any.
    Direct message from TCL below. Not sure how long the link will be active for.

Please see software update link below for RT51 V715.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0fgyunv41ei5u1/Update.img?dl=0
    1. Click the link above.
    2. Select "Download".
    3. Once the download is done, transfer the file to an empty USB stick with a FAT32 format. (Do not unzip)

Once the file has been transferred to the USB stick proceed with the following steps:

4. Turn the TV off (main power off).
    5. Insert the USB stick with the correct software (software must be provided by TCL).
    6. Press & hold the power button on the TV (not remote).
    7. Turn on the mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
    8. After about 3-5 seconds you will see the upgrade notification on the TV. As soon as you see this, release the power button.
    The TV will now update. Do not disconnect or press any buttons until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
    Got V715 for my TCL 55p715 TV today.
    • Worked for me, not sure if it'll work for you.
    As for tests I've done.
    • None!
    • I use it as a dumb TV mostly as its connected to the Nvidia Shield 24/7, so not sure what quirks it might have, if any.
    Direct message from TCL below. Not sure how long the link will be active for.

Please see software update link below for RT51 V715.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0fgyunv41ei5u1/Update.img?dl=0
    1. Click the link above.
    2. Select "Download".
    3. Once the download is done, transfer the file to an empty USB stick with a FAT32 format. (Do not unzip)

Once the file has been transferred to the USB stick proceed with the following steps:

4. Turn the TV off (main power off).
    5. Insert the USB stick with the correct software (software must be provided by TCL).
    6. Press & hold the power button on the TV (not remote).
    7. Turn on the mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
    8. After about 3-5 seconds you will see the upgrade notification on the TV. As soon as you see this, release the power button.
    The TV will now update. Do not disconnect or press any buttons until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
    Appreciate you post, thanks a lot !
    👍

V715 OTA file

build date= May 26 2022
    build= 1653503868
    revision build= 000032
    security_patch= 2021-12-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_R
    fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV:11/PPR1.180610.011/AR05:user/release-keys
    IMG size= 3.03GB

V715 IMG backup link...

Dolby Atmos is gone (only in V674 and V677)....works on EP680 model !
    Other then this....
    From BeyondTV , again is BeyondTV2
    Dolby Audio sound icon is back
    Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) v.21.42.18 180306
    Updated...
    TV+OS.....V8-2205240-........
    Media Player (com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter) v.6.00.65
    Safety Guard (com.tcl.guard) v.1.01.00

Picture and sound setting remain unchanged.
    After debloating (disabled) unused apps and energy optimisation,
    no lagging or other weird things.
    I think the image processing is much better in Android 11
    I have a feeling thats closer to being more than likely, they have new product ranges since to 2020 models.
    I have C715 and I find its a good set these days, would be nice for new features, we should already have at least ALLM and some better mage smoothing options, but nope..

Was on v701 and was OK id say for the most part but did not feel finished at all, performance not good, bad file system performance, bad UI speed, very good blacks and sharpness, however thats about it.

Ive gone to v662 now and its quite decent. Way soother in the UI and looks just as good, maybe just a touch less deep blackness
    have had v701 on my 55"P8S for about 3 months and have found no issues at all in performance, definitely better than the android 9 versions preceding it, however no firmware update is going to fix the hardware limitations of the tv itself, but on a "bang for buck" basis TCL is a front runner amongst the bargain basement tv's out there, i also have a top tier Sony led tv and there is no comparison between them, Sony has way better PQ, upscaling etc.

TCL was less than half the price so my expectations are correspondingly lower, one thing i have found with android TV's in general, they all benefit from a weekly full restart, seems to eliminate a lot of issues that seem to crop up in general use.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.