TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Gopcarlos

Dec 31, 2017
Hello guys!. I got a 65" C715, TV owned in Latinoamerica, PERU. I have many problems especially with low framerates in everything and slow performance in the system. im very confused about what firmware is recomended for my TV and the most safier way to update because worried for my tv region. Can you please help me guys with which one and what method recommended for me? sorry for my bad english UWU.

These are the info of my TV firmware, actually with android 9...

C715.jpg

Markors250

May 20, 2021
Hello guys!

Can somebody tell me what is the last firmware with HDR, HLG working as it should.

I'm asking because I tried with v660 and now with v701 firmware and in both picture looks dim (washed out) comparing with SD settings that I have. Update to v660 and after to v701 was OTA. Both times I done reset shop and reset all.

I know that before that wasn't the case, but I can't remember on what firmware I was that HDR and HGL worked as it should.

Would it be different if I flashed with IMG or not? Everything else working fine.

Thank you all

and best regards!

May 9, 2022
@[B]stasiof[/B] : Do you mind downloading Device Info HW+ app and post screenshots of results? I would like to compare what's different with your hardware that makes it support Dolby Vision vs. my TCL 55 P8M even though both use the same firmware.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nk3wpxepljeojn8
Do you find any way to add dolby vision support for tv's that share same firmware? btw my tv ep640 supports hdr10plus even if it's not listed in specs. but when i tried to play DV files whit supported players like Just Player, image is just pure green or pure purple, but DV logo is triggered in the left corner.

May 18, 2022
Hello guys!. I got a 65" C715, TV owned in Latinoamerica, PERU. I have many problems especially with low framerates in everything and slow performance in the system. im very confused about what firmware is recomended for my TV and the most safier way to update because worried for my tv region. Can you please help me guys with which one and what method recommended for me? sorry for my bad english UWU.

These are the info of my TV firmware, actually with android 9...

View attachment 5614391
Hello @Gopcarlos

If you want to stay on "official" firmware, consider to upgrade to V660 - Android 9 (stasiof will correct me if i'm wrong).
If you want test/use Android 11, you can upgrade to V701.

To be honest, C715 CPU is a crap. If you want to see "real" speed enhancement for this TV,
- disable bloatware/unnecessary apps with ADB App Control (or manually)
- disable animations
- buy an Android TV box 😒 ?

This a just my feeling ;)

PS: You can checkout this thread https://t.me/s/tclupdates to verify available versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: hd9500

guma77

May 5, 2012
I found this description on the internet of the changes :)
"NEW Android 9 (IMG) V662
New Update V662
Compiled : 20 Avril (IMGVersion = 2022/04/20)
– Foxonn new driver & ATV/DTV update
– FVP client update
– Wireless conexion optimisation
– Alexa Amazon stabilité act

V8-R851T02-LF1V662.019382 "

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I use this image to update my 43EP640 and everything seem working ok for now, but my TV can't detect Dolby Audio signal (before with the stock firmware it shows Dolby Audio logo in the left corner when playing such content, but with this beta it isn't:

https://pb82-my.sharepoint.com/personal/picasso_t_5tb_in/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=/personal/picasso_t_5tb_in/Documents/TCL/R851T02/R851T02-IMG-ATV11/V8-R851T02-LF1V682.zip&parent=/personal/picasso_t_5tb_in/Documents/TCL/R851T02/R851T02-IMG-ATV11&ga=1

Any way to fix it?
Dolby Audio icon, last working in V625, after that, no visible icon.

alibasbas

Apr 11, 2011
Do you find any way to add dolby vision support for tv's that share same firmware? btw my tv ep640 supports hdr10plus even if it's not listed in specs. but when i tried to play DV files whit supported players like Just Player, image is just pure green or pure purple, but DV logo is triggered in the left corner.
No, I haven't. I am still looking for a way to enable Dolby Vision support on my TV. I am inclined to think that such DV setting is only disabled via software and can be enabled via software configuration/hack.

Top Liked Posts

I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Got V715 for my TCL 55p715 TV today.
    • Worked for me, not sure if it'll work for you.
    As for tests I've done.
    • None!
    • I use it as a dumb TV mostly as its connected to the Nvidia Shield 24/7, so not sure what quirks it might have, if any.
    Direct message from TCL below. Not sure how long the link will be active for.

Please see software update link below for RT51 V715.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0fgyunv41ei5u1/Update.img?dl=0
    1. Click the link above.
    2. Select "Download".
    3. Once the download is done, transfer the file to an empty USB stick with a FAT32 format. (Do not unzip)

Once the file has been transferred to the USB stick proceed with the following steps:

4. Turn the TV off (main power off).
    5. Insert the USB stick with the correct software (software must be provided by TCL).
    6. Press & hold the power button on the TV (not remote).
    7. Turn on the mains power to the TV (while keeping the power button pressed)
    8. After about 3-5 seconds you will see the upgrade notification on the TV. As soon as you see this, release the power button.
    The TV will now update. Do not disconnect or press any buttons until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
    I have a feeling thats closer to being more than likely, they have new product ranges since to 2020 models.
    I have C715 and I find its a good set these days, would be nice for new features, we should already have at least ALLM and some better mage smoothing options, but nope..

Was on v701 and was OK id say for the most part but did not feel finished at all, performance not good, bad file system performance, bad UI speed, very good blacks and sharpness, however thats about it.

Ive gone to v662 now and its quite decent. Way soother in the UI and looks just as good, maybe just a touch less deep blackness
    have had v701 on my 55"P8S for about 3 months and have found no issues at all in performance, definitely better than the android 9 versions preceding it, however no firmware update is going to fix the hardware limitations of the tv itself, but on a "bang for buck" basis TCL is a front runner amongst the bargain basement tv's out there, i also have a top tier Sony led tv and there is no comparison between them, Sony has way better PQ, upscaling etc.

TCL was less than half the price so my expectations are correspondingly lower, one thing i have found with android TV's in general, they all benefit from a weekly full restart, seems to eliminate a lot of issues that seem to crop up in general use.
    A big thank you to stasiof who has given me much assistance to update my c815k to V715. A very knowledgeable and patient senior member. Much appreciated! :)
    As for tests I've done.
    • None!
    • I use it as a dumb TV mostly as its connected to the Nvidia Shield 24/7, so not sure what quirks it might have, if any.

1. Click the link above.
    2. Select "Download".
    3. Once the download is done, transfer the file to an empty USB stick with a FAT32 format. (Do not unzip)

Once the file has been transferred to the USB stick proceed with the following steps:

5. Insert the USB stick with the correct software (software must be provided by TCL).
    8. After about 3-5 seconds you will see the upgrade notification on the TV. As soon as you see this, release the power button.
    The TV will now update. Do not disconnect or press any buttons until you see the Google welcome page. The update is now done.
    Appreciate you post, thanks a lot !
    👍

V715 OTA file

or

build date= May 26 2022
    build= 1653503868
    revision build= 000032
    security_patch= 2021-12-05
    gmsversion= Android_11_R
    fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV:11/PPR1.180610.011/AR05:user/release-keys
    IMG size= 3.03GB

V715 IMG

Dolby Atmos is gone (only in V674 and V677)....works on EP680 model !
    Other then this....
    From BeyondTV , again is BeyondTV2
    Dolby Audio sound icon is back
    Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) v.21.42.18 180306
    Updated...
    TV+OS.....V8-2205240-........
    Media Player (com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter) v.6.00.65
    Safety Guard (com.tcl.guard) v.1.01.00

Picture and sound setting remain unchanged.
    After debloating (disabled) unused apps and energy optimisation,
    no lagging or other weird things.
    As for tests I've done.
    • None!

1. Click the link above.
    2. Select "Download".

Works perfectly! The issues with Kodi is gone and it's not lagging! (y):)

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.