TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Mohenjo Daro

Nov 29, 2012
I was able to upgrade from V701 to V715 as You folks suggested, by not unpacking the zip file and I thank You for that. .

If this is the correct procedure, how is it possible that the V701 upgraded unpacked?

Apr 20, 2021
I tried to use abilight with Hyperion and an Android TV screen grabber app for Android TV on my C715. The communication between the app, Hyperion server and the led stripe works perfect. I know that it does not work with prime or Netflix but why is it not working with the TV app?

It's working on the Android TV Homescreen, Kodi or vlc. Even local media files that I played with the media player app does not light up my LEDs. Some behaviour is on YouTube and YouTube next.

Any ideas why all these apps not communicating with the Hyperion grabber app?

Last edited:

Bailey56

Jun 28, 2022
I did try another usb but it was an old poor quality one so have ordered new one to try. Thanks again :)

Appreciate you post, thanks a lot !
👍

V715 OTA file

or

build date= May 26 2022
build= 1653503868
revision build= 000032
security_patch= 2021-12-05
gmsversion= Android_11_R
fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV:11/PPR1.180610.011/AR05:user/release-keys
IMG size= 3.03GB

V715 IMG

Dolby Atmos is gone (only in V674 and V677)....works on EP680 model !
Other then this....
From BeyondTV , again is BeyondTV2
Dolby Audio sound icon is back
Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) v.21.42.18 180306
Updated...
TV+OS.....V8-2205240-........
Media Player (com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter) v.6.00.65
Safety Guard (com.tcl.guard) v.1.01.00

Picture and sound setting remain unchanged.
After debloating (disabled) unused apps and energy optimisation,
no lagging or other weird things.
Hi stasiof, I have
Appreciate you post, thanks a lot !
👍

V715 OTA file

or

build date= May 26 2022
build= 1653503868
revision build= 000032
security_patch= 2021-12-05
gmsversion= Android_11_R
fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV:11/PPR1.180610.011/AR05:user/release-keys
IMG size= 3.03GB

V715 IMG

Dolby Atmos is gone (only in V674 and V677)....works on EP680 model !
Other then this....
From BeyondTV , again is BeyondTV2
Dolby Audio sound icon is back
Google Play services (com.google.android.gms) v.21.42.18 180306
Updated...
TV+OS.....V8-2205240-........
Media Player (com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter) v.6.00.65
Safety Guard (com.tcl.guard) v.1.01.00

Picture and sound setting remain unchanged.
After debloating (disabled) unused apps and energy optimisation,
no lagging or other weird things.
Hi, I got new usb stick this morning and re-downloaded V715 from both the sharepoint link and the mega, again the tv won't accept either? On the sharepoint when you click on the download there are 3 files the middle being V715 is this the right one? Am i misreading post and Mega link is for img file? L have tried downloading from different devices as well. As lots have people have done this succesfully I think I must be making silly error but don't know what and am hoping you can help. I realise I m probably a nuisance but really appreciate your help :)

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi stasiof, I have

Hi, I got new usb stick this morning and re-downloaded V715 from both the sharepoint link and the mega, again the tv won't accept either? On the sharepoint when you click on the download there are 3 files the middle being V715 is this the right one? Am i misreading post and Mega link is for img file? L have tried downloading from different devices as well. As lots have people have done this succesfully I think I must be making silly error but don't know what and am hoping you can help. I realise I m probably a nuisance but really appreciate your help :)
Yes ,on sharepoint is in middle.
Mega link.....V715 OTA...

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks although a bit confused?? in the instructions link it says the following.. Download the update for your TV. 'Unzip/extract' the downloaded zip file. I thought the file has to be left zipped?
They meaning about file from official TCL EU web page, as contain PDF file inside.
Btw, there is still V645.

Not the zip files posted separatly here.
So, as you downloaded, just copy zip file to USB drive.

Bailey56

Jun 28, 2022
They meaning about file from official TCL EU web page, as contain PDF file inside.
Btw, there is still V645.

Not the zip files posted separatly here.
So, as you downloaded, just copy zip file to USB drive.
Not entirely sure what I did differently but I now have V715 update fully installed! Thanks stasiof

Bailey56

Jun 28, 2022
I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
Brightness/backlight 45,
Contrast 90,
Black level 40,
Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
Gradation clear (not on V645) low
Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.

biezixiao

Jul 14, 2022
I have a 65c8 TV, the East Asian version. The v715 version has just been updated for a week. When it is used today, the situation in the following picture appears. Is this a firmware problem or a TV screen parameter problem? Please help me have a look. Is there any solution?
微信图片_20220714140350.jpg

Attachments

• 微信图片_20220714140355.jpg
    微信图片_20220714140355.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 50

Bailey56

Jun 28, 2022
I have a 65c8 TV, the East Asian version. The v715 version has just been updated for a week. When it is used today, the situation in the following picture appears. Is this a firmware problem or a TV screen parameter problem? Please help me have a look. Is there any solution?View attachment 5658841
I updated my C815 to V715 just over a week ago and had a few issues initially (although not this one) and did a full factory reset, this sorted all of the issues I had and it has been working perfectly since! That's what I would try 1st although it will mean you have to set up everything on the tv from scratch as though you had just bought it.

Reactions: JawadMarruecos

HGOLOH

Jul 18, 2022
Hello.
I don't know where to ask for help.
How can I change my Dolby Digital Plus audio output to Dolby Digital?
Same as on RokuTV.
My AV receiver does not support DD+.
Will there be any way?
My tv is a tcl 50a547 Android 9
THX

1.PNG

1658103852290.jpeg

Apr 21, 2015
I have bought TCL C715 TV and it was running on older verison to which i upgraded to V8-R851T02-LF1V715 version, but its a lot laggy even lags while playing video on Disney or Amazon prime.
Suggest me the best firmware along with link to download it for C715 model, where it doesn't lag while playing videos or opening apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I do not find information, what is the latest stable version for TCL 55 C715 with German language after test.
    Maybe V662? I do not care Android 11 or 9, but I need the stable version with German language and subtitles.

My TV is still using the version V6XX older than V625, I do not remember which version is exact. I will check it if I am at home.

Thanks!
    Latest.....firmware is global....
    Android 9.....V662
    Android 11...V715
    While spending the effort you might as well use the v715 found at post #3512 (page 176) IMG installation. Just be sure to extract (by WinZip etc) the zip file (to img) on USB stick root. It won't install from the zip file itself.
    Thank you. I found the image file for v715, extract out to USB and followed your insts.

I can see that light flickering on USB stick suggesting the TV is reading it, went on for approx 3-4 minutes. But Tv screen remains bluish, NO green progress bar. It could be appearing but cant see it, guess the tv video output failed. Its time for me to look for a New Tv.

Thank you again for your most valuable help & .. I wish you well.
    Perhaps perhaps... we no longer have access to the ftp's with all the internal builds so now we will only see builds that are officially published by TCL. It may take a while

I don't have complaints about V715 except the poor performance when compared to a cheap firestick, but that's because TCL used a crap CPU on these tv's. Not much can be done in software
    my TCL P8M was running under android 9 firmware (V8-R851T02-LF1V616). it was working fine, but then i upgrade to android 11 firmware (V8-R851T02-LF1V715) but i started notice a big performance drop, the system is too slow, 4k video drops fram and subtitles not working.
    so i tried to downgrade from v715 to v616 but unsuccessfully (i put img file for v616 in usb (exfat32) then plug of my tv and unsert the usb and hod the power button for 5s but it displayed (no command) instead of starting the downgrade process.
    could someone please give me an assistance for my problem.
    Have you tried formatting your USB to FAT32?
    Have you tried formatting your USB to FAT32?
    *HOW TO INSTALL*

Preparation:

- USB drive has to be FAT32
    - it should contain nothing else than the firmware
    - prefer using the USB 2.0 slot on your tv
    - prefer using a USB 2.0 drive
    - if it fails re-download the file again
    - if it still fails try another usb drive
    - Use a windows pc, no macos as macos unzips it wrong automatically

*OTA*
    1. Download zip
    2. copy zip to USB Drive (FAT32)
    3. plug it in TV (preferably USB 2.0)
    4. in the settings -> update -> choose local update

*IMG* (this will wipe your android data)
    1. Download zip
    2. unpack zip (sometimes it contains one IMG file, sometimes some files in it) & copy to USB Drive (FAT32)
    3. plug it in the tv
    4. shut down the tv
    5. then press & hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 5 seconds until the LED is flashing and wait for it to be installed.
    The power button is on EVERY TV and can be found most of the time behind the status LED in the middle of the TV

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.