TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Freezak

Nov 10, 2012
I have bought TCL C715 TV and it was running on older verison to which i upgraded to V8-R851T02-LF1V715 version, but its a lot laggy even lags while playing video on Disney or Amazon prime.
Suggest me the best firmware along with link to download it for C715 model, where it doesn't lag while playing videos or opening apps.
v715 is defnitely the smoothest and all in all the best software up to date. I tried every android 11 software and v645 android 9 software as well and there is no competition. Try reset all and reset shop settings and reinstall the v715 version.

Reactions: guma77 and jabes01

xzoranx

Mar 30, 2022
I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
Brightness/backlight 45,
Contrast 90,
Black level 40,
Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
Gradation clear (not on V645) low
Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
Perfect. Thanks for sharing with us.

Reactions: Bailey56
Apr 21, 2015
v715 is defnitely the smoothest and all in all the best software up to date. I tried every android 11 software and v645 android 9 software as well and there is no competition. Try reset all and reset shop settings and reinstall the v715 version.
okay i will try resetting and update here, i have another TCL TV (iffalcon union tv) which is running on android 9 and its actually a lot smoother then this v715 one.

ganaa_sb

Flash from 660 to 701 was ota. Back to 660 was also ota.
I flashed the 701 img now and its working again. The only reason why i want to go back to 660 is because 701 is really slow during opening apps and navigation. I dont get it why some users say it is working perfect..
how to downgrade v660. i update after hdmi sound not working on v701

hay19000

Jun 14, 2021
Any one else is thinking that HDR 10 is much better than DV on this tv?
On DV there is less settings so you can't fix pratically nothing

Last edited:

mpgtar

Sep 5, 2014
Hi. I would need to do a hard reset to a TCL75P8M, would someone have the Firmware in IMG file? , Thank you

mpgtar

Sep 5, 2014
unfortunately, no, I can't enter the main program, the led initializes as the main page of an android phone, without system, that's why I want to see if I can resurrect it with a firmware in img file

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
unfortunately, no, I can't enter the main program, the led initializes as the main page of an android phone, without system, that's why I want to see if I can resurrect it with a firmware in img file
Ah,ok,
Has many IMG posted here, why didn't check a few pages back?
Sample.... V715 IMG is in post #3512 and many more earlier.....

Reactions: wasil77777

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

Attachments

• RC802V.png
    RC802V.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 2022-04-21_151218.png
    2022-04-21_151218.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 79

stary330

Jul 28, 2022
Hello to all,
I have 55P615 tv, it comes originally with v656 firmware. It had some issue: sound on soundbar connected by HDMI was delayed - on two different soundbars witch work correctly with old samsung tv. And when play Forza Horizon 5 on xbox series x, when is scene changing the tv brightness turn for maximum for very short time (on samsung tv there was no something like this).
So I flashed tv with v715 firmware - clean instalation from img file.
Tv wery lagging on this software it was unusable, but both issue gone.
So I decide roll back to android 9, and flash with v660. On v660 sound is ok, but brightness issue on xbox occurs on it.
Tv also lagging a little bit, it is almost ok, but when I play Crossy Road delay is so high that it is unable to play.
Can I do something more? Some other FV? Maybe there is some settings that may incrase smoothness of tv? Maybe despite of IMG installation I should make factory reset?

Top Liked Posts