TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Waelkhazzar

Aug 4, 2022
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here, I have problem with my tcl 55c715. I have an iptv apk named OTT PLATINUM, after the last update it stopped working. I tried to reinstall it and I did a reset to my tv but no result. Can any one help me.
20220804_135823.jpg

Siroj21800

Aug 4, 2022
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here, I have problem with my tcl 55c715. I have an iptv apk named OTT PLATINUM, after the last update it stopped working. I tried to reinstall it and I did a reset to my tv but no result. Can any one help me.View attachment 5677561
hello, I think I have to speak in English (i'm french), sorry ^^, for your TV I had an error message on my 65c815, I had a hard time making it go, I did a hard flashing by .img, and also by ota, and finally reset with the android menu,
I also did a reset with the hidden menu you put yourself on option / image / contrast then type 1 9 5 0, by placing on the contrast bar
test all solution, bon courage

Waelkhazzar

Aug 4, 2022
hello, I think I have to speak in English (i'm french), sorry ^^, for your TV I had an error message on my 65c815, I had a hard time making it go, I did a hard flashing by .img, and also by ota, and finally reset with the android menu,
I also did a reset with the hidden menu you put yourself on option / image / contrast then type 1 9 5 0, by placing on the contrast bar
test all solution, bon courage
Merci bien mon ami, mais si je veux flasher mon tv, quelle est la version compatible, j'ai trouvé bcp de version.

redcord

Jun 4, 2020
Dudes, anyone still got that V8-R851T03-LF1V134 zip update? (🇯🇵!)
Seems like that link posted here is dead

Adessamyr

Aug 5, 2022
Oi pessoal,
Este é meu primeiro post aqui, estou com problema no meu tcl 55c715. Eu tenho um apk de iptv chamado OTT PLATINUM, após a última atualização ele parou de funcionar. Tentei reinstalá-lo e fiz um reset na minha tv, mas sem resultado. Alguém pode me ajudar.View attachment 5677561
Olá, tenho uma 65C715 e ao instalar uma versão do android 11 o app de IPTV não funciona, então para seu OTT Plattinum funcionar, desinstale o V 715 android 11 e instale o V662 android 9 (última versão). Boa sorte.

Mod. Translation: Hello, I have a 65C715 and when installing a version of android 11 the IPTV app doesn't work, so for your OTT Plattinum to work, uninstall V 715 android 11 and install V662 android 9 (latest version). Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

alibasbas

Apr 11, 2011
Is it possible to enable Dolby Vision support with Dolby Vision content (such as some Netflix titles) with 55P8M TV via changing software or Project ID. I am thinking that Dolby Vision is only disabled via software due to licensing restriction (no Dolby Vision Licence hence only HDR10 is enabled)

Currently running V8-R851T02-LF1V662.019382 (Android 9)

Reactions: JawadMarruecos

Bogdans29

Jun 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Is it possible to enable Dolby Vision support with Dolby Vision content (such as some Netflix titles) with 55P8M TV via changing software or Project ID. I am thinking that Dolby Vision is only disabled via software due to licensing restriction (no Dolby Vision Licence hence only HDR10 is enabled)

Currently running V8-R851T02-LF1V662.019382 (Android 9)
For that to heppen i think someone will need to decrypt firmwere and modified it wich is most likly not gonna heppen

Waelkhazzar

Aug 4, 2022
Olá, tenho uma 65C715 e ao instalar uma versão do android 11 o app de IPTV não funciona, então para seu OTT Plattinum funcionar, desinstale o V 715 android 11 e instale o V662 android 9 (última versão). Boa sorte.

Mod. Translation: Hello, I have a 65C715 and when installing a version of android 11 the IPTV app doesn't work, so for your OTT Plattinum to work, uninstall V 715 android 11 and install V662 android 9 (latest version). Good luck.
Thanks brother, I will try it.

ilphrin_nexus

Feb 25, 2016
Hi everybody,
This is my first post here, I have problem with my tcl 55c715. I have an iptv apk named OTT PLATINUM, after the last update it stopped working. I tried to reinstall it and I did a reset to my tv but no result. Can any one help me.View attachment 5677561
[EN]
Hello I had the same problem
I was able to find a solution... by installing version 1.8 of OTT Platinum, and it works great.

[FR]
Bonjour j'ai eu le même soucis
J'ai pu trouver une solution.. en installant la version 1.8 de OTT Platinum, et ça marche super bien.
(Je parle Français)

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi guys,

In Brazil, we have a rebranded OEM TCL called SEMP. SEMP and TCL are partners here and the SEMP SK5300 TV has the same V8-R851T02 firmware/board.

I've updated a few days go from V660 (A9) to V715 (A11).

My impressions:

Pros:
Image seems a little bit better. Better contrast and black levels.

My Sony home theater is working at the same way before via ARC. Perfectly. I always use the AUTO mode, it passthrough correctly the Dolby Digital 5.1 in Netflix, Amazon Prime e HBO MAX. The ARC delay is lower now.

Refreshed icons in interface like arc volume and others. Fonts seems more sharp.

Cons:

I believe that Android 11 is heavier than 9, it makes the TV a little bit more sluggish, marginally, but I feel. My emulator performance using Faster Open GL in EPSXE is the same as before, I still can plan play PS1 games in HIGH graphics at 1.5x overclock CPU PSX.

Overall I think the update was a great choice since I didn't find any bugs in TV. A more recent OS can grant more apps updates. Thumbs up for TCL.

alibasbas

Apr 11, 2011
I'm currently running software version V8-R851T02-LF1V662.019382 (Android 9)

I understand that there a new software OTA update (v715) which is Android 11

Is there any way to prevent this Software Update notification prompt from appearing?
TCL update notification.jpg

The reason why I don't want v715 is that it has issues with audio passthrough using latest Kodi 19.4 (which I primarily use for media playback). Note that this audio passthrough issue seem to be present on Android 11-based software so I prefer to stick with the latest Android 9-based version.

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
The reason why I don't want v715 is that it has issues with audio passthrough using latest Kodi 19.4 (which I primarily use for media playback). Note that this audio passthrough issue seem to be present on Android 11-based software so I prefer to stick with the latest Android 9-based version.
Here, I didn't found any issue with the audio passthrough, DD are passing fine with ARC. The only issue (present in every firmware that I tested until now) is, if I use the Bypass mode, the stereo PCM audio is very low. So I use auto mode, that automatically convert stereo PCM in DD 2.0 in YouTube, TV Channel, and the sound rocks.

It doesn't cause any trouble, since if the TV channel audio is set to DD 5.1 (In Brazil, many programs of Globo channel is) the audio passthrough normally in 5.1 to my speakers.

Try auto mode.

Edit: In auto mode the TV pass ATMOS correctly too. My setup is 5.1, but the TV automatically converts Atmos in DD 5.1. The experience is incredible in Tidal.

20220813_103210_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jabes01

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
My Sony home theater is working at the same way before via ARC. Perfectly. I always use the AUTO mode, it passthrough correctly the Dolby Digital 5.1 in Netflix, Amazon Prime e HBO MAX. The ARC delay is lower now.
Hi! I'm also from Brazil, and also have a Semp. A SK8300, with latest v715.

The problem with AUTO mode is that it's always send only DD 5.1 over HDMI ARC. Netflix and Amazon Prime has content in DD+ 5.1. Apple TV also has, some of them with DD+ 7.1.

I can get DD+, using BYPASS in audio output settings. This only works with HDMI ARC, and if your receiver/processor supports DD+. Mine is a Denon AVR-2311, which support.

But, sometimes, the DD+ is not been activated. I have to switch to AUTO and switch back to BYPASS to fix.

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Here, I didn't found any issue with the audio passthrough, DD or DTS are passing fine with ARC. The only issue (present in every firmware that I tested until now) is, if I use the Bypass mode, the stereo PCM audio is very low. So I use auto mode, that automatically convert stereo PCM in DD 2.0 in YouTube, TV Channel, and the sound rocks.

It doesn't cause any trouble, since if the TV channel audio is set to DD 5.1 (In Brazil, many programs of Globo channel is) the audio passthrough normally in 5.1 to my speakers.

Try auto mode.

Edit: In auto mode the TV pass ATMOS correctly too. My setup is 5.1, but the TV automatically converts Atmos in DD 5.1. The experience is incredible in Tidal.
I never could manage to have DTS working on passthorugh. How did you get this? You receiver trully shows dts?

In auto mode the output is only DD 5.1. This is not an Atmos conversion. No Atmos metadata is been sending, as Atmos object oriented sound metadata requires at least DD+.

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Hi! I'm also from Brazil, and also have a Semp. A SK8300, with latest v715.

The problem with AUTO mode is that it's always send only DD 5.1 over HDMI ARC. Netflix and Amazon Prime has content in DD+ 5.1. Apple TV also has, some of them with DD+ 7.1.

I can get DD+, using BYPASS in audio output settings. This only works with HDMI ARC, and if your receiver/processor supports DD+. Mine is a Denon AVR-2311, which support.

But, sometimes, the DD+ is not been activated. I have to switch to AUTO and switch back to BYPASS to fix.
IMG_20220815_175525.jpgIMG_20220815_175537.jpg

Another Brazuca here hehe.. hi my friend, as you can see, in AUTO or BYPASS mode the Dolby Logo shows and this EAC3 sample works, tried both. I can confirm in receiver the DD+.

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
I never could manage to have DTS working on passthorugh. How did you get this? You receiver trully shows dts?

In auto mode the output is only DD 5.1. This is not an Atmos conversion. No Atmos metadata is been sending, as Atmos object oriented sound metadata requires at least DD+.
I'm sorry, no DTS too. I'll edit the text.
About Atmos, of course it's not, my receiver can't decode it too.. But the audio is working with a perfect channel separation in a 5.1 environment. How can it work? I don't know. Give a try to Tidal and test these Atmos content.

Top Liked Posts