TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

biezixiao

Jul 14, 2022
Hello, my TV model is 65c8, and my firmware has been upgraded to r851t02-lf1v701. This version does not support my TV, resulting in split screen. I want to ask if you can give me a link to the TV firmware that supports 65c8? thank you. The original version of TV is r851t02-lf1v063。

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello, my TV model is 65c8, and my firmware has been upgraded to r851t02-lf1v701. This version does not support my TV, resulting in split screen. I want to ask if you can give me a link to the TV firmware that supports 65c8? thank you. The original version of TV is r851t02-lf1v063。
Hi,
how firmware V701 came to be installed?
Your region (country) ?
By network auto update or manually ?
If no problem ,can you post pic of Product Information (from setting...about...)
Sample attached....

Attachments

• TCast1614935686813.png
    TCast1614935686813.png
    512.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

biezixiao

Jul 14, 2022
Hi,
Your region (country) ?
If no problem ,can you post pic of Product Information (from setting...about...)
Sample attached....
When upgrading v701 for the first time, I watched it normally for 1 week. One day after that, the screen suddenly went black, and then it became split screen.

Attachments

• 2022_06_30_22_21_IMG_9069.JPG
    2022_06_30_22_21_IMG_9069.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • 微信图片_20220714140350.jpg
    微信图片_20220714140350.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 103

biezixiao

Jul 14, 2022
Hi,
Your region (country) ?
Sample attached....
Some people say that the firmware area is wrong. I'm not sure where the correct area is. V701 brushes the firmware through USB. The firmware is downloaded from the forum.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
When upgrading v701 for the first time, I watched it normally for 1 week. One day after that, the screen suddenly went black, and then it became split screen.
So,you update manually to V701.
Your firmware region is Asia-pacific (AP).
Try update to V715 with OTA file and maybe do factory reset.
If this not working ,need to downgrade to Android 9, let say V660 or V662.... with IMG file.

Last edited:

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I'm sorry, no DTS too. I'll edit the text.
About Atmos, of course it's not, my receiver can't decode it too.. But the audio is working with a perfect channel separation in a 5.1 environment. How can it work? I don't know. Give a try to Tidal and test these Atmos content.
Atmos is a not audio protocol, but a extension feature. It is carried along DD+ or Dolby True HD, which are indeed protocols.

And is mandatory that every DD+ ou DDTruHD stream have an old DD 5.1 stream, inside it. It's used to send, to the receiver/processor, the old DD 5.1 stream, whenever the handshake between source and origin check the receiver can't process/handle DD+ or DDTruHD. Or the cable data can't handle it. SPDIF (toslink or coaxial) and ARC can't handle DDTruHD. ARC can handle DD+. Only E-ARC can handle everyhthing from TV to the receiver/processor.

So, im this case, the audio streaming is downgraded to DD.

But, as I said, on my TV Semp SK83000 through ARC, DD+ only works in bypass mode. In auto mode DD is always selected, although my Denon receiver supports it.

But this works only with mainstreams apps (NetFlix, Amazon, HBOMax) and internal media player.

In V715 no surround options works, along with android media players like Kodi, MX Player, VLC.

If I selected AUTO mode DD is displayed on receiver, but it's not a true DD signal. It's a downmix (and a bad one) from 5.1 to 2.0.

Reactions: allandacruz

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
Atmos is a not audio protocol, but a extension feature. It is carried along DD+ or Dolby True HD, which are indeed protocols.

And is mandatory that every DD+ ou DDTruHD stream have an old DD 5.1 stream, inside it. It's used to send, to the receiver/processor, the old DD 5.1 stream, whenever the handshake between source and origin check the receiver can't process/handle DD+ or DDTruHD. Or the cable data can't handle it. SPDIF (toslink or coaxial) and ARC can't handle DDTruHD. ARC can handle DD+. Only E-ARC can handle everyhthing from TV to the receiver/processor.

So, im this case, the audio streaming is downgraded to DD.
Thanks man! So much explained.

Reactions: lcdsantos

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sample file with internal media player. Another player that is good to passtrough is Nova Player, select the MODE 2 in audio passthrough settings to test. But, really the internal media player is always a safe choice.

I tried almost all Android media players, changing all passthrough options, to get a sample DD+ file work, with no success. Including Kodi v20 alpha apks.

I remember to tested Nova Player, also with no success.

But I give it a new try tonight, when in home.

Thanks a lot for your help and replies.

Everything always works perfectly using internal media player. But, in my Semp SK8300, the internal subtitle typeface really sucks!

With MX Player I can configure subtitle to my exactly typeface, size, color and so long. But no DD...

Funny that I don't have surround speakers. Only a 3.0 setup (two very good Heco (german) stereo tower loudspeakers) and a Sony central channel loudspeaker.

I only need and want that voices (central channel) be correctly sent to central speaker, and only central speaker, when playing a video file through an Android TV app...

allandacruz

Oct 19, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
I tried almost all Android media players, changing all passthrough options, to get a sample DD+ file work, with no success. Including Kodi v20 alpha apks.

I remember to tested Nova Player, also with no success.

But I give it a new try tonight, when in home.

Thanks a lot for your help and replies.

Everything always works perfectly using internal media player. But, in my Semp SK8300, the internal subtitle typeface really sucks!

With MX Player I can configure subtitle to my exactly typeface, size, color and so long. But no DD...

Funny that I don't have surround speakers. Only a 3.0 setup (two very good Heco (german) stereo tower loudspeakers) and a Sony central channel loudspeaker.

I only need and want that voices (central channel) be correctly sent to central speaker, and only central speaker, when playing a video file through an Android TV app...
Hehehe time to complete your speakers setup. I cant live without the surround speakers and I have a much more modest in-a-box ht

Sometime ago when I was more "sound compromised" I remember that I used a MiBox 4k (first model) as my main streaming device and it had a so better behavior (handle) in sound passthrough than this SEMP/TCL.

However, at this price tag I believe SK8300 was an amazing choice, overall.

Aug 16, 2022
Olá tenho uma tv android tcl modelo 45 s6500 que está com problemas
Só está com a luz de energia piscando e não aparece o que fazer.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Olá tenho uma tv android tcl modelo 45 s6500 que está com problemas
Só está com a luz de energia piscando e não aparece o que fazer.
English please.....:rolleyes:....and wrong thread.
Use "search" before posting.
S6500:

Aug 16, 2022
Inglês por favor..... :rolar os olhos:....e tópico errado.
Use "pesquisar" antes de postar.
S6500:
sorry my phone is a little crazy
but my tv it is just blinking the power button and everything appears black

Aug 16, 2020
Just tested the 4K Playback - same ****ty wrong aspect ratio. A slight improvement when playing videos on MX Player. Cannot seek forward or backwards when playing through DLNA with Media Center. I've the feeling that this internal player is getting from bad to worse every time. Performance is just the same as with v662.
Totally agree with your judgment because I too have the same problem with the media center and in addition for me the video playback stops on its own after a few minutes and jumps to a new video. Otherwise I must specify It only happens with MKV videos in DLNA (no fast forwarding. Sudden stop of the video and jump to the next one. Lost function of resuming the video from the time of the last time viewed and stopped. General delay of a few seconds for opening files in DLNA and even delays for reading)
TCL 50P8 Model 2019 --- V715 Android 11 DLNA on Windows 10 Pro (updated) i7 32 Go

Last edited:

bigdiou

Oct 29, 2012
I have a P8M 50' and I upgraded directly from 660 (android 9) to version 715 (android 11) and the performance difference is brutal. Transitions are much smoother, applications open faster, especially after leaving standby, which in the previous version required waiting almost a minute for everything to work. So far I haven't come across any bugs in this new version.

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
Hello , when i installed versions V660 and V 662 first thing i noticed was great picture quality compared older software versions, who tested new version v715 what your opinion about picture quality is same or better than v660/662

Top Liked Posts