TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

abadjonet

Sep 4, 2022
So you followed the IMG installation according to post #3725 with v662 or v715?
Good Mornig TvBoxguy,
I was unable to download from the google drive given above.

I went to the Telegram channel and was told to download the zip file V8-R851T02-LF1V645.018859 from another user with the same issue. I extracted it into a FAT32 USB stick. When power up the USB stick was lighted for a good ten minutes. After that I waited another 10 mins but still blank screen. When it power up again, the TCL logo came on for a second and the screen went blank again.

Now .. I am looking to replace the T-Con Board .. to fixed the video issue.

Thank you for all your help.

TVboxguy

Mar 26, 2022
Good Mornig TvBoxguy,
I was unable to download from the google drive given above.

I went to the Telegram channel and was told to download the zip file V8-R851T02-LF1V645.018859 from another user with the same issue. I extracted it into a FAT32 USB stick. When power up the USB stick was lighted for a good ten minutes. After that I waited another 10 mins but still blank screen. When it power up again, the TCL logo came on for a second and the screen went blank again.

Now .. I am looking to replace the T-Con Board .. to fixed the video issue.

Thank you for all your help.
After extracting the zipfile to a USB stick then inserted to one USB port on the TV. With the TV off, long-pushing the on-button on the TV (not remote) you normally see the blue screen with a green progress bar indicating the installation process is started.

TVboxguy

Mar 26, 2022
While spending the effort you might as well use the v715 found at post #3512 (page 176) IMG installation. Just be sure to extract (by WinZip etc) the zip file (to img) on USB stick root. It won't install from the zip file itself.

abadjonet

Sep 4, 2022
While spending the effort you might as well use the v715 found at post #3512 (page 176) IMG installation. Just be sure to extract (by WinZip etc) the zip file (to img) on USB stick root. It won't install from the zip file itself.
Thank you. I found the image file for v715, extract out to USB and followed your insts.

I can see that light flickering on USB stick suggesting the TV is reading it, went on for approx 3-4 minutes. But Tv screen remains bluish, NO green progress bar. It could be appearing but cant see it, guess the tv video output failed. Its time for me to look for a New Tv.

Thank you again for your most valuable help & .. I wish you well.

Reactions: TVboxguy and TrunyX

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
Perhaps perhaps... we no longer have access to the ftp's with all the internal builds so now we will only see builds that are officially published by TCL. It may take a while

I don't have complaints about V715 except the poor performance when compared to a cheap firestick, but that's because TCL used a crap CPU on these tv's. Not much can be done in software

AGENT4781

Sep 15, 2022
hello everyone i have a problem with my Tcl c715 tv i accidentally breast on 4k scaling in developer option after that my tv went black and starts boot lobbing until the TV opens the screen stay black and rebooting again is there a way to hard rest the tv and thanks

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
hello everyone i have a problem with my Tcl c715 tv i accidentally breast on 4k scaling in developer option after that my tv went black and starts boot lobbing until the TV opens the screen stay black and rebooting again is there a way to hard rest the tv and thanks
Flash IMG .....

AGENT4781

Sep 15, 2022
already done it thank you very much I thought the tv is a goner
but since I'm here and from what I gathered you are very knowledgeable person about this i want to ask if v715 in telegram can be installed on this tv or it deserve the hassle for doing it because I flashed an old one v602.018337 and am still on 9.0 and thank you for the reply by the way sorry for bad English

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
already done it thank you very much I thought the tv is a goner
but since I'm here and from what I gathered you are very knowledgeable person about this i want to ask if v715 in telegram can be installed on this tv or it deserve the hassle for doing it because I flashed an old one v602.018337 and am still on 9.0 and thank you for the reply by the way sorry for bad English
Telegram is main source for firmware updates.
Why choose V602...?
You can update with any OTA file, even V715, or if you prefer Android 9...to V660.
Only downgrade from ATV11 ,need IMG file.

AGENT4781

Sep 15, 2022
Telegram is main source for firmware updates.
Why choose V602...?
You can update with any OTA file, even V715, or if you prefer Android 9...to V660.
Only downgrade from ATV11 ,need IMG file.
because in the early days when I bought the TV I did upgrade the software using flash drive I didn't know where did I put the file so I searched again in hard dive and found it that why
i have done v715 update and its quite fast
thank you very much have a nice day

Gamer-GodX101

Sep 20, 2016
Hi everyone, So I Have TCLP65, image for details is attached.
1663404185780.jpeg

So originally I had the software V8-S586T02-LF1V159, It was completely fine and everything was great but a speaker bug came about in which it kept switching to headphones audio, so i thought maybe manually upgrading the firmware will help, I tried updating to V8-S586T02-LF1V628, V8-S586T02-LF1V425, V8-S586T02-LF1V371, and V8-S586T02-LF1V337. However none of them fixed the speaker issue but all of them broke the HDR on my TV, whenever I play a game that supports HDR on my PS5 the colors used to get brighter and more punchy and now they get so dull. I just bought a soundbar to solve the audio switching issue however The TV has become unusable since I loved playing my games in HDR and now I cant. I tried finding the original V8-S586T02-LF1V159 software on the internet but I couldn't.

Can someone please share the V8-S586T02-LF1V159 software or any other version on which HDR works perfectly. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi everyone, So I Have TCLP65, image for details is attached.
View attachment 5713457
So originally I had the software V8-S586T02-LF1V159, It was completely fine and everything was great but a speaker bug came about in which it kept switching to headphones audio, so i thought maybe manually upgrading the firmware will help, I tried updating to V8-S586T02-LF1V628, V8-S586T02-LF1V425, V8-S586T02-LF1V371, and V8-S586T02-LF1V337. However none of them fixed the speaker issue but all of them broke the HDR on my TV, whenever I play a game that supports HDR on my PS5 the colors used to get brighter and more punchy and now they get so dull. I just bought a soundbar to solve the audio switching issue however The TV has become unusable since I loved playing my games in HDR and now I cant. I tried finding the original V8-S586T02-LF1V159 software on the internet but I couldn't.

Can someone please share the V8-S586T02-LF1V159 software or any other version on which HDR works perfectly. Any help will be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU

Try here:
V467

or ..V466

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamer-GodX101

Gamer-GodX101

Sep 20, 2016
Try here:
V467

or ..V466
Do these have one Bin file? If not how do i install the ones with multiple files. I dont know how to do OTA updates manually

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm new here and need help please, I'm sorry if someone asked before. This is my TCL TV and I need the update please 🙏
    Thank you in advance
    As posted in other threat...
    You have V645 .....ATV 9.
    Latest is V715 OTA or V718 IMG....ATV 11.
    Latest is V660 OTA or V662 IMG....ATV 9.

All versions you can found here in this threat....

Usefull thread.....
    Hello,
    I've just installed and configured the latest version V718 on my 50C715. I previously used V645. I have a couple of points to raise regarding this release:

- This is the first version I was able to hear DTS audio from my Sonos Beam, but only via internal player (streaming from Jellyfin server). There's even a logo displayed shortly on the screen. Unfortunately it crashes a lot, so no good movie experience there.
    - My BT remote RC802V is unable to pair (no response after pushing HOME+OK) - it worked in V645 just fine. When used as a IR remote it repeats clicks like crazy.
    - Internal video player crashes the system. It really depends on the used source. Not sure if anyone has similar issues with this release. I saw rebooting twice during my 1h testing session.
    - This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).

If you have any idea how to solve any of the above issues let me/us know. :)
    Cheers!
    Just Downloaded .. Installing it now as i type this msg... will update with my findings soon... :)
    Sadly the "HDMI-CEC Power On" bug still remains on v718 ... It's worse now getting a "Black Screen" flickering when turning "On/Off" the Sony Soundbar (HDMI1-ARC) while watching Amazon Prime on my Shield (HDMI2).. Which didn't happen when on v662 .. :-(
    If I understand the guide correctly, since the move is from A9 to A11 that I should do the IMG install instead of OTA, right? Also, if IMG is a clean install, should I still do reset all/shop? I also read somewhere here that you use v715, are you still using that or are you on R815.
    ATV9 => ATV11 can do with OTA also.....V715
    Opposite,must use ATV9 IMG file......V662
    I am on R815 (latest by date), but is IMG file.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, "Dolby Digital +" only works on wider band HDMI ARC. Toslink works, of course, but limited to plain vanilla "Dolby Digital".

I've found this thread, which describe exactly my problem. Unfortunately it shows no solution without breaking completely HDMI-CEC (and as consequence HDMI-ARC).

I have the same issue with my setup (TCL C815, Sony HG700) when using A11 (v701, v715, R815) .. So i reverted back to A9 v662 and i have no issues with Auto-On .. now I can switch on the Surround when I want to :) ..

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB