TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread
Jun 6, 2016
Hi all,

I have the TCL C815 JP version and was just wondering if it is safe to flash the latest update available? I'm not worried about language settings, my main concern is from what I can see, the remote provided with the JP version seems to be different than the overseas versions. Any help would be much appreciated, still on OS 9 and would love to update if possible. Current version is V8-R851T03-LF1V153.019610 by the way.

Last edited:

Bailey56

Jun 28, 2022
Hi all,

I have the TCL C815 JP version and was just wondering if it is safe to flash the latest update available? I'm not worried about language settings, my main concern is from what I can see, the remote provided with the JP version seems to be different than the overseas versions. Any help would be much appreciated, still on OS 9 and would love to update if possible. Current version is V8-R851T03-LF1V153.019610 by the way.
I have a c815 (uk version) and updated a couple of months ago to V715 android 11, i had a few initial glitches which were cleared with a factory reset, I am no expert but I believe the operating system is universal across several models so think you should be ok and don't believe the remote type would be relevant

Jun 6, 2016
I have a c815 (uk version) and updated a couple of months ago to V715 android 11, i had a few initial glitches which were cleared with a factory reset, I am no expert but I believe the operating system is universal across several models so think you should be ok and don't believe the remote type would be relevant
Thanks for the input! Can you let me know which link you used to download the firmware? Much appreciated!

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
C815 (UK) is on same firmware ,as this thread.
Japan has different version.
You posted him OTA version, with which he can't do anything.

Jun 6, 2016
C815 (UK) is on same firmware ,as this thread.
Japan has different version.
You posted him OTA version, with which he can't do anything.
Thanks for letting me know. So I take it i can't install the version shared by Bailey56?
In that case is there a way to update to a newer version? Should I be looking at flashing an update using adb controls? Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thanks for letting me know. So I take it i can't install the version shared by Bailey56?
In that case is there a way to update to a newer version? Should I be looking at flashing an update using adb controls? Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
If you still insist... must be R851T02 IMG file.
Sample..... V715 IMG file.
Warning....
Once you flash, you can't go back to original version, as no R851T03 IMG file !

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I take it you do not recommend?
Just doubtful I'll ever get the OTA updates so if I can safely update myself I will. What is your recommendation?
Ok, I found R851T03 IMG ,if anything go wrong...
V129

So, now you can flash with V715 IMG file.

Edit:
somebody else with Japah TV flashed also V715, pic attached......
NOTE:
I don't know how is works.
Is on your own risk....

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-24_10-31-20.jpg
    photo_2022-09-24_10-31-20.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2016
Ok, I found R851T03 IMG ,if anything go wrong...
V129

So, now you can flash with V715 IMG file.

Edit:
somebody else with Japah TV flashed also V715, pic attached......
NOTE:
I don't know how is works.
Is on your own risk....
Thank you so much! I will update tomorrow and provide an update in case anyone else has a similar situation as mine

HHawk

Apr 20, 2011
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. I will keep it as short as possible. I have a Thomson 43UC6326 television in our bedroom. If I recall correctly this TV was working on firmware version: V8-S586T02-LF1V371.

I also have a Polk Audio Signa S2 soundbar. For some reason HDMI-CEC / ARC was not working anymore (I suspect the issue was related to the soundbar and not the TV). So I decided to try various things, including upgrading the firmware.

I used the latest version available for the TV which I found in this thread: V8-S586T02-LF1V628. It installed fine (all settings were gone). However I couldn't get Netflix working anymore. So I decided to do a complete factory reset. After that I could re-enter my Netflix credentials and I could log in on Netflix again. So everything seemed fine.

However when I try to play a Netflix movie or series, it will hang and get a black screen. The TV seems to hang completely. The only solution is to pull the power cord in order to get the TV back working. In it's current state (with this firmware LF1V628) it's impossible to use Netflix.

So I decided to downgrade the firmware, however this does not seem possible! Every time I try to load a firmware version (with the correct method from the menu > USB) it loads, turns the screen to black (within a 2 or 3 seconds) then you can get the upgrade firmware screen for (also) 2 or 3 seconds and the TV goes back to TV channel. And the firmware is not being downgraded. Sigh.

It seems it doesn't even try to load the (older) firmware for some reason. I have no clue on how to solve this and if it can be solved. The TV is currently "useless" in terms of Netflix.

Does anybody have an idea on how I can downgrade the firmware. Or at least make the firmware load up correctly. I never experienced this in the past; I have upgraded and downgraded the firmware (if I recall correctly) in the past without much issues. I could always go back to older firmware, but not from LF1V628.

Maybe someone has an idea what I can do to downgrade the firmware?

Things I have tried;

- I tried various firmware versions; no result (black screen and new/old firmware not being flashed)
- I tried different USB sticks; no luck/success
- I tried different USB ports; no luck/success

So I am now running out of ideas. Perhaps someone here have an idea what I can do/try else?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi all,

I hope someone can help me. I will keep it as short as possible. I have a Thomson 43UC6326 television in our bedroom. If I recall correctly this TV was working on firmware version: V8-S586T02-LF1V371.

I also have a Polk Audio Signa S2 soundbar. For some reason HDMI-CEC / ARC was not working anymore (I suspect the issue was related to the soundbar and not the TV). So I decided to try various things, including upgrading the firmware.

Regards

Post the way you do.......from setting...local update or
when TV is Off , with TV power button ?
Seemse this V628 is bad, above is latest versions by date.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHawk

nathkhushal

Sep 26, 2022
hello everyone from few days i was searching firmware for my iFFALCON H71 beyond tv got firmware update v609
im facing issue with hdmi passthrough with kodi and other third party media player
default player works perfectly with passthrough netflix also works perfectly
in my previous tv 55C2US no issues were there which got replaced with IFFFALCON H71 bcoz of panel issue
Can we install TCL c715 update to iffalcon h71 as they are same model with different brand?

nathkhushal

Sep 26, 2022
hello everyone from few days i was searching firmware for my iFFALCON H71 beyond tv got firmware update v609
im facing issue with hdmi passthrough with kodi and other third party media player
in my previous tv 55C2US no issues were there which got replaced with IFFFALCON H71 bcoz of panel issue
Can we install TCL c715 update to iffalcon h71 as they are same model with different brand name.

HHawk

Apr 20, 2011

Post the way you do.......from setting...local update or
when TV is Off , with TV power button ?
Seemse this V628 is bad, above is latest versions by date.

Hi and thank you for your quick response. So V628 is a bad version. Okay.
The method (and the only method I know) I use to flash new firmware is by turning on the TV and go to the settings menu and select firmware update from the menu.

If I understand correctly, there are other ways as well?

nathkhushal

Sep 26, 2022
Can we install TCL c715 update to iffalcon h71 as they are same model with different brand name
Oh it's quite good news that means if c715 receives Android 10 then i can install that update if it gets that update .

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi and thank you for your quick response. So V628 is a bad version. Okay.
The method (and the only method I know) I use to flash new firmware is by turning on the TV and go to the settings menu and select firmware update from the menu.

If I understand correctly, there are other ways as well?
or

Reactions: HHawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm new here and need help please, I'm sorry if someone asked before. This is my TCL TV and I need the update please 🙏
    Thank you in advance
    As posted in other threat...
    You have V645 .....ATV 9.
    Latest is V715 OTA or V718 IMG....ATV 11.
    Latest is V660 OTA or V662 IMG....ATV 9.

All versions you can found here in this threat....

Usefull thread.....
    Just Downloaded .. Installing it now as i type this msg... will update with my findings soon... :)
    Sadly the "HDMI-CEC Power On" bug still remains on v718 ... It's worse now getting a "Black Screen" flickering when turning "On/Off" the Sony Soundbar (HDMI1-ARC) while watching Amazon Prime on my Shield (HDMI2).. Which didn't happen when on v662 .. :-(
    Hello,
    I've just installed and configured the latest version V718 on my 50C715. I previously used V645. I have a couple of points to raise regarding this release:

- This is the first version I was able to hear DTS audio from my Sonos Beam, but only via internal player (streaming from Jellyfin server). There's even a logo displayed shortly on the screen. Unfortunately it crashes a lot, so no good movie experience there.
    - My BT remote RC802V is unable to pair (no response after pushing HOME+OK) - it worked in V645 just fine. When used as a IR remote it repeats clicks like crazy.
    - Internal video player crashes the system. It really depends on the used source. Not sure if anyone has similar issues with this release. I saw rebooting twice during my 1h testing session.
    - This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).

If you have any idea how to solve any of the above issues let me/us know. :)
    Cheers!
    If I understand the guide correctly, since the move is from A9 to A11 that I should do the IMG install instead of OTA, right? Also, if IMG is a clean install, should I still do reset all/shop? I also read somewhere here that you use v715, are you still using that or are you on R815.
    ATV9 => ATV11 can do with OTA also.....V715
    Opposite,must use ATV9 IMG file......V662
    I am on R815 (latest by date), but is IMG file.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, "Dolby Digital +" only works on wider band HDMI ARC. Toslink works, of course, but limited to plain vanilla "Dolby Digital".

I've found this thread, which describe exactly my problem. Unfortunately it shows no solution without breaking completely HDMI-CEC (and as consequence HDMI-ARC).

I have the same issue with my setup (TCL C815, Sony HG700) when using A11 (v701, v715, R815) .. So i reverted back to A9 v662 and i have no issues with Auto-On .. now I can switch on the Surround when I want to :) ..

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB