Apr 20, 2011
or

Thank you again, so I have used the following method (sorta):
*OTA*
1. Download zip
2. copy zip to USB Drive (FAT32)
3. plug it in TV (preferably USB 2.0)
4. in the settings -> update -> choose local update

Instead of transfering the ZIP file to the USB, I copied the .bin to the USB. This method is not working with V628 anymore to downgrade to a lower version.

Now I see the other method:
*IMG* (this will wipe your android data)
1. Download zip
2. unpack zip (sometimes it contains one IMG file, sometimes some files in it) & copy to USB Drive (FAT32)
3. plug it in the tv
4. shut down the tv with remote
5. then press & hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 5 seconds until the LED is flashing and wait for it to be installed.

If I understand this method correctly; I extract the .BIN (or .ZIP) contents (v466 or v467) to the FAT32 USB stick (see screenshot). Right? And then follow the steps mentioned above.

However I noticed the following warning: IMG FILE WILL ERASE ALL THE APPS!
Will I still be able to use Netflix afterwards or should I re-do the normal firmware upgrade method (OTA) afterwards?

Sorry for my stupid questions, just wanted to make sure that I understood it correctly.

Attachments

• this_to_usb.jpg
    this_to_usb.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 48

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Thank you again, so I have used the following method (sorta):
*OTA*
1. Download zip
2. copy zip to USB Drive (FAT32)
3. plug it in TV (preferably USB 2.0)
4. in the settings -> update -> choose local update

Instead of transfering the ZIP file to the USB, I copied the .bin to the USB. This method is not working with V628 anymore to downgrade to a lower version.

Now I see the other method:
*IMG* (this will wipe your android data)
1. Download zip
2. unpack zip (sometimes it contains one IMG file, sometimes some files in it) & copy to USB Drive (FAT32)
3. plug it in the tv
4. shut down the tv with remote
5. then press & hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 5 seconds until the LED is flashing and wait for it to be installed.

If I understand this method correctly; I extract the .BIN (or .ZIP) contents (v466 or v467) to the FAT32 USB stick (see screenshot). Right? And then follow the steps mentioned above.

However I noticed the following warning: IMG FILE WILL ERASE ALL THE APPS!
Will I still be able to use Netflix afterwards or should I re-do the normal firmware upgrade method (OTA) afterwards?

Sorry for my stupid questions, just wanted to make sure that I understood it correctly.
Attached file is OTA ...do NOT unzip !
Copy zip file to USB and try downgrade , by local update.....

V466 is BIN (IMG) file (PDF attached)
V467 is OTA file

Reactions: HHawk

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Okay. Thank you for explaining.

I will give this method a go, when I get back home.
Sidenote; if this method fails, should I use the other method (as described under IMG)?
Yes, of course.
You will have clean install, just must install all apps again.

Edit:
Seemse V466 is update from local update and
V467 zip file.... as IMG.
Try both methods, just do not unzip V467.

Last edited:

HHawk

Apr 20, 2011
Yes, of course.
You will have clean install, just must install all apps again.
Okay. Will give it a go later today. :)

One final question, probably very dumb, how do I reinstall the apps? I have never done this on this TV and I also never saw any kind of option to install apps on this TV before.

In the living room, we have a Samsung TV; there you have an app portal to install all kinds of apps. But I never saw this on the Thompson TV to be honest.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Okay. Will give it a go later today. :)

One final question, probably very dumb, how do I reinstall the apps? I have never done this on this TV and I also never saw any kind of option to install apps on this TV before.

In the living room, we have a Samsung TV; there you have an app portal to install all kinds of apps. But I never saw this on the Thompson TV to be honest.
I don't know well for this old model, but I think app(s) should also copy to USB and install.
You can google also....

HHawk

Apr 20, 2011
Attached file is OTA ...do NOT unzip !
Copy zip file to USB and try downgrade , by local update.....

V466 is BIN (IMG) file (PDF attached)
V467 is OTA file

Well success!

I couldn't get V467 to work. However I did manage the V466 version to work. However I was presented with "double" image (also TCL logo instead of Thomson). So I decided to download the original Thomson V466 version instead and use the USB method.

The Thomson version I used was from here: https://www.mediacenter.tcl.eu/uploads/common/V8-S586T02-LF1V466.zip. Maybe it will help others.

It flashed and now it's working again (Netflix and so on).

Excellent help. Thank you!

Reactions: stasiof

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm new here and need help please, I'm sorry if someone asked before. This is my TCL TV and I need the update please 🙏
    Thank you in advance
    As posted in other threat...
    You have V645 .....ATV 9.
    Latest is V715 OTA or V718 IMG....ATV 11.
    Latest is V660 OTA or V662 IMG....ATV 9.

All versions you can found here in this threat....

Usefull thread.....
    Just Downloaded .. Installing it now as i type this msg... will update with my findings soon... :)
    Sadly the "HDMI-CEC Power On" bug still remains on v718 ... It's worse now getting a "Black Screen" flickering when turning "On/Off" the Sony Soundbar (HDMI1-ARC) while watching Amazon Prime on my Shield (HDMI2).. Which didn't happen when on v662 .. :-(
    Hello,
    I've just installed and configured the latest version V718 on my 50C715. I previously used V645. I have a couple of points to raise regarding this release:

- This is the first version I was able to hear DTS audio from my Sonos Beam, but only via internal player (streaming from Jellyfin server). There's even a logo displayed shortly on the screen. Unfortunately it crashes a lot, so no good movie experience there.
    - My BT remote RC802V is unable to pair (no response after pushing HOME+OK) - it worked in V645 just fine. When used as a IR remote it repeats clicks like crazy.
    - Internal video player crashes the system. It really depends on the used source. Not sure if anyone has similar issues with this release. I saw rebooting twice during my 1h testing session.
    - This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).

If you have any idea how to solve any of the above issues let me/us know. :)
    Cheers!
    If I understand the guide correctly, since the move is from A9 to A11 that I should do the IMG install instead of OTA, right? Also, if IMG is a clean install, should I still do reset all/shop? I also read somewhere here that you use v715, are you still using that or are you on R815.
    ATV9 => ATV11 can do with OTA also.....V715
    Opposite,must use ATV9 IMG file......V662
    I am on R815 (latest by date), but is IMG file.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, "Dolby Digital +" only works on wider band HDMI ARC. Toslink works, of course, but limited to plain vanilla "Dolby Digital".

I've found this thread, which describe exactly my problem. Unfortunately it shows no solution without breaking completely HDMI-CEC (and as consequence HDMI-ARC).

I have the same issue with my setup (TCL C815, Sony HG700) when using A11 (v701, v715, R815) .. So i reverted back to A9 v662 and i have no issues with Auto-On .. now I can switch on the Surround when I want to :) ..

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB