revision build= 000035
security_patch= 2021-12-05
gmsversion= Android_11_R
fingerprint= TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV:11/PPR1.180610.011/AR05:user/release-keys
IMG size = 2.928 GB

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Wow hoo, new release to check out! Thanks Stasiof!

Will try out over the next few nights when got the time. Keen to see any differences and what others think too
Some new function in setting.....

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-05_19-09-55.jpg
    photo_2022-10-05_19-09-55.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,093

SAQ40

Oct 6, 2022
INSTALLATION OK..but no nex function in settings!!!
why i can't find this update on the telegram 'TCL FORUM ?
It's because is R VERSION?
Thanks

Reactions: JawadMarruecos

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Have briefly tried the new R815 release. Think I'll stay on V715 however.

R815 set up fine, had issues detecting my ethernet LAN initially, bit worked.
Picture looks fine/good, sound good and appeared in sync.
System UI is very slow. Amazon Prime a juttery mess when navigating around menu settings.Didnt get Dolby Vision from a show, but HDR. Atmos was indicated though.
Didn't notice anything new, so not sure what's in this update. Using C715.

I find V715 a trusty release, will be hard to beat it!

Fazzbhoy

Dec 11, 2020

System UI is very slow. Amazon Prime a juttery mess when navigating around menu settings.Didnt get Dolby Vision from a show, but HDR. Atmos was indicated though.

Thanks for sharing this, think I will be sticking with V715 too 👍🏻

zuccajp

Sep 29, 2022

Sorry, I have a question about v 715 in a c715, when I try to play 4k hdr10 the automatic screen adjustment changes and the image is stretched,when I try to change it to see in original 16.9 the image starts to flicker and I have to remove the video...all this with the native player and by usb...in apps like netflix and ect there is no problem...some solution
English is not my natural language, I apologize.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

twerg

Oct 11, 2009
Hobart
Apps & Games
Sorry, I have a question about v 715 in a c715, when I try to play 4k hdr10 the automatic screen adjustment changes and the image is stretched,when I try to change it to see in original 16.9 the image starts to flicker and I have to remove the video...all this with the native player and by usb...in apps like netflix and ect there is no problem...some solution
English is not my natural language, I apologize.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Umm, I never use the native player, I don't see a need to. I only stream from Netflix or Amazon on the TV and all other media is direct from the connected PC computer. Just don't see a need for USB media playback.

Saying that, I also do not use the auto screen adjustment setting for anything, I turn it off. I find I always receive a docent and correctly aligned image without it off. In fact, I've seen it blow up/zoom a picture with it turned on, and I didn't like it. So, I play my media to the tv in what ever native resolution it is and the tv always gives me a correct image. I've read of others having this issue you ask about, I've not personally had any problems

Nieluj77

Oct 6, 2022
just tried R815 on a 50C715, didn't get the new features in the menu, everything was working fine until i launch appleTV app, not possible to play a video, the screen just get mad like the panel is brokent lol, will go back to v715 tomorrow morning.

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
V715 and all older firmwares that I'm aware has an issue with H265 streaming services. It seems to use software decode for them and is unable to keep up without dropping frames. Using VLC fixes it. However, Vodafone TV app cannot use external players so I'm not able to use that app to play my ISP tv channels. Works smooth as butter on a Firestick though but defeats the purpose of having a android tv.
I might give R815 a try. If you say you have green screens, it's likely that they've tweaked the codecs. Maybe I'm lucky.

shobatrana

May 3, 2013
My iffalcon TV 43K61 was in restricted profile and i was forgot the PIN. How to recover my TV. I have try all the method including the format option but it will not work.
My smart tv iffalcon goes in restricted profile. I asking the four digits pin. This pin not set by me or its forgotten the child. Please help me to recover this restricted profile to normal mode so I will use the Google services. All Google services is disable in the restricted profile. It's 43 inch smart TV.

Attachments

• tv info.jpeg
    tv info.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 153

Fazzbhoy

Dec 11, 2020
Im using 815 ver on my P715 43" i can say it more responsive for sure. And no new functions if you care about that... its def better than V715
Is it just the responsiveness that's better or are there any other improvements that make it better than v715? E.g. picture quality, lip sync, smoothness of frame rate etc. Would be good to know more as v715 is pretty solid and it's a big step for some to upgrade on only an improvement in responsiveness, any other details would be appreciated 😀

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
My iffalcon TV 43K61 was in restricted profile and i was forgot the PIN. How to recover my TV. I have try all the method including the format option but it will not work.
My smart tv iffalcon goes in restricted profile. I asking the four digits pin. This pin not set by me or its forgotten the child. Please help me to recover this restricted profile to normal mode so I will use the Google services. All Google services is disable in the restricted profile. It's 43 inch smart TV.
Try...0000.. 0423..1234

Bogdans29

Jun 26, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Is it just the responsiveness that's better or are there any other improvements that make it better than v715? E.g. picture quality, lip sync, smoothness of frame rate etc. Would be good to know more as v715 is pretty solid and it's a big step for some to upgrade on only an improvement in responsiveness, any other details would be appreciated 😀
Ehh i would like to told you... but im one of guys if you dont point it by hand whats wrong between two picrures like motion blur etc. I cant see deference. I think HDR is better but im so sure its placebo... So only what i can confirm its its faster on inputs thats it. 😅
Generaly i think this updates are "just" preformance and security improvments...
Sorry for late answer im just checking this page once a week or two.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I'm new here and need help please, I'm sorry if someone asked before. This is my TCL TV and I need the update please 🙏
    Thank you in advance
    As posted in other threat...
    You have V645 .....ATV 9.
    Latest is V715 OTA or V718 IMG....ATV 11.
    Latest is V660 OTA or V662 IMG....ATV 9.

All versions you can found here in this threat....

Usefull thread.....
    Just Downloaded .. Installing it now as i type this msg... will update with my findings soon... :)
    Sadly the "HDMI-CEC Power On" bug still remains on v718 ... It's worse now getting a "Black Screen" flickering when turning "On/Off" the Sony Soundbar (HDMI1-ARC) while watching Amazon Prime on my Shield (HDMI2).. Which didn't happen when on v662 .. :-(
    Hello,
    I've just installed and configured the latest version V718 on my 50C715. I previously used V645. I have a couple of points to raise regarding this release:

- This is the first version I was able to hear DTS audio from my Sonos Beam, but only via internal player (streaming from Jellyfin server). There's even a logo displayed shortly on the screen. Unfortunately it crashes a lot, so no good movie experience there.
    - My BT remote RC802V is unable to pair (no response after pushing HOME+OK) - it worked in V645 just fine. When used as a IR remote it repeats clicks like crazy.
    - Internal video player crashes the system. It really depends on the used source. Not sure if anyone has similar issues with this release. I saw rebooting twice during my 1h testing session.
    - This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).

If you have any idea how to solve any of the above issues let me/us know. :)
    Cheers!
    If I understand the guide correctly, since the move is from A9 to A11 that I should do the IMG install instead of OTA, right? Also, if IMG is a clean install, should I still do reset all/shop? I also read somewhere here that you use v715, are you still using that or are you on R815.
    ATV9 => ATV11 can do with OTA also.....V715
    Opposite,must use ATV9 IMG file......V662
    I am on R815 (latest by date), but is IMG file.
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, "Dolby Digital +" only works on wider band HDMI ARC. Toslink works, of course, but limited to plain vanilla "Dolby Digital".

I've found this thread, which describe exactly my problem. Unfortunately it shows no solution without breaking completely HDMI-CEC (and as consequence HDMI-ARC).

I have the same issue with my setup (TCL C815, Sony HG700) when using A11 (v701, v715, R815) .. So i reverted back to A9 v662 and i have no issues with Auto-On .. now I can switch on the Surround when I want to :) ..

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB