TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Sivabhaskar

Apr 24, 2017
Chennai
Motorola One Fusion+
Hey Everyone,

I have a C715 (50 inches, bought in India).

I don't use any external speakers or sound system. I do not intend to buy one either.

Settings --> Audio --> Dolby Atmos --> ON/OFF

I am aware that atmos works as expected only on external speakers capable of reproducing Dolby Atmos sound.

My questions are:

1) Do I set this setting to ON or OFF (as I am going to be using ONLY the TV speakers)?

2) What difference does this setting make to the TV speakers? Does it make even a tiny bit of difference?

From what I can tell, none of the Netflix or Amazon Prime Video content display the ATMOS LOGO in the content description. Which probably means that having this setting ON makes zero difference to the TV speakers.

What do you think?

Please explain/suggest.

Thank You In Advance!

Last edited:

TigTex

Nov 28, 2012
Lisbon
That "dolby atmos" option is an equalizer + 3d audio virtualization tuned by dolby. It's not the same thing as dolby atmos audio output.
You can leave it ON or OFF according to your taste.

Reactions: Sivabhaskar

bayger

Sep 14, 2010
Warsaw
Hello,
I've just installed and configured the latest version V718 on my 50C715. I previously used V645. I have a couple of points to raise regarding this release:

- This is the first version I was able to hear DTS audio from my Sonos Beam, but only via internal player (streaming from Jellyfin server). There's even a logo displayed shortly on the screen. Unfortunately it crashes a lot, so no good movie experience there.
- My BT remote RC802V is unable to pair (no response after pushing HOME+OK) - it worked in V645 just fine. When used as a IR remote it repeats clicks like crazy.
- Internal video player crashes the system. It really depends on the used source. Not sure if anyone has similar issues with this release. I saw rebooting twice during my 1h testing session.
- This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).

If you have any idea how to solve any of the above issues let me/us know. :)
Cheers!

Aug 16, 2020

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 120243.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 120243.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 96

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
- This is not specific to this version, but any 3rd party player like VLC, Exo, Nova etc. can't pass-through audio stream. On this version it's basically downmixing everything to stereo regardless of what audio format is used (DD+5.1 arrives at Sonos, but this is really ****ty stereo downmix).
I give up on trying to fix this on V7xx/A11. Only TV internal player can really passthorgh Dolby (up to Dolby Digital+ using HDMI-ARC and vanilla Dolby Digital using tosklink) on v7xx. No video app/apk works. Regardless any settings. And I tryed a mix of settings for all these apps like a crazy.

I read that on v6xx/A9 this works.

But I found a workaround. IDK why, but using, on smartphone, the lovely app BubbleUPnP, and sending the DD video file to TV by chromecast, the DD signal (I got 7.1 DD+ this way) works nicelly on passthorugh to receiver, by HDMI-ARC.

I'm on V715.

Reactions: bayger

bayger

Sep 14, 2010
Warsaw
I give up on trying to fix this on V7xx/A11. Only TV internal player can really passthorgh Dolby (up to Dolby Digital+ using HDMI-ARC and vanilla Dolby Digital using tosklink) on v7xx. No video app/apk works. Regardless any settings. And I tryed a mix of settings for all these apps like a crazy.

But I found a workaround. IDK why, but using, on smartphone, the lovely app BubbleUPnP, and sending the DD video file to TV by chromecast, the DD signal (I got 7.1 DD+ this way) works nicelly on passthorugh to receiver, by HDMI-ARC.

I'm on V715.
Interesting. My goal is to use Jellyfin for Android TV on this TV. So far it's a nightmare. At first I thought that the problem is with the Jellyfin app, but after trying three other players it seems that the sound is somehow wrapped in a stereo downmix for some unknown reason. I'll give V662 a try later this week. I really don't care about A11.

PS. TCL should sell thier TVs as 'engineering samples'.

• Haha
Reactions: Sivabhaskar

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Interesting. My goal is to use Jellyfin for Android TV on this TV. So far it's a nightmare. At first I thought that the problem is with the Jellyfin app, but after trying three other players it seems that the sound is somehow wrapped in a stereo downmix for some unknown reason. I'll give V662 a try later this week. I really don't care about A11.

PS. TCL should sell thier TVs as 'engineering samples'.
Also give a try to BubbleUPnP app, if your mobile is Android. It's an amazing app. I'm a paid user and using it for years.

Just to check if a Dolby Digital sample file has its sound stream correct passthrough to the receiver, as I get.

Here's my favorite channel check sample file.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello I'm new here and need help please, I'm sorry if someone asked before. This is my TCL TV and I need the update please 🙏
Thank you in advance
As posted in other threat...
You have V645 .....ATV 9.
Latest is V715 OTA or V718 IMG....ATV 11.
Latest is V660 OTA or V662 IMG....ATV 9.

All versions you can found here in this threat....

Usefull thread.....

CaptainFlakes

Oct 28, 2014

I'm on V715.
I can only agree with this. I use path trough too and it completely broke when updating to any A11 version. Gone back to android 9.

nhtmd2

Jul 30, 2012
Hey!
Im using v701 for a while.
Im looking for better image quality and more speed on menus (theyre kinda laggy). Im not using any external audio or receiver.
What version do you guys recommend? Maybe downgrade to 6xx or update to v715/18?
Thanks!

lcdsantos

Dec 16, 2011
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hey!
Im using v701 for a while.
Im looking for better image quality and more speed on menus (theyre kinda laggy). Im not using any external audio or receiver.
What version do you guys recommend? Maybe downgrade to 6xx or update to v715/18?
Thanks!
Without external receiver (or DAC or soundbar) I would use v7xx/A11. And there's no reason, while in v7xx, to not user latest, v718.

Mataderos14

Jun 10, 2022
I have a problem with Android 11, it does not detect the 5Ghz wifi connection, when it uses the 40/80 channels. This does not happen to me with Android 9.

1669650823392.png

Channel Bandwidth 20 is OK
Channel Bandwidth 20/40 and 20/40/80 not found.
Any suggestions ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone, what is the best firmware for a TCL 75S434 right now? Ideally, I would love Google TV, but I suspect Android TV v9 is the best that can be done right now?

The reason I ask is - I just completed the v650 update on my (originally) OEM TCL s434 and I now have extremely muffled audio. By muffled, it sounds like someone in another room is listening to the TV really loud. So you can sort of hear it, but can't really make out what is being said. Or, like someone is talking through a pillow or something.

I am guessing there was an update that I should have performed prior to this update? None of the settings I have switched has given me clear audio. Sadly, I did not take note of the original firmware version, but I was previously on Android TV 9 and half of my apps were not working so I was trying to get to Google TV 11.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as I use this TV every day.

UPDATE: I got it back to V458 and things are working well again. Any insight on a version that would work with my TV would be greatly appreciated. I do not currently have a soundbar, I use the TV speakers at the moment.

Cheers,

Mark
    File .IMG erase all data? Does the OTA version (718) already exist? Thanks!
    You can always check the latest version here
    Hi,

After try some firmwares and configurations, dolby atmos its not full implemented in my c715 with v718 firmware and a tcl 8132 soundbar.

Netflix> dolby atmos ok
    Hbo> dolby atmos ok
    Intern aplication > dolby atmos ok

Disney> Impossible
    Kodi> impossible
    Vlc> impossible

Any idea how to fix dolby atmos for all apps?

Thanks
    This might be a long shot to get an answer. I have the TCL model V8 R851T02-LF1V606.017688. Currently on Android 9 but I would like to upgrade it to a newer firmware.
    Which one these that are currently in this thread is compatible? I can't figure it out and I don't want to brick my tv :)
    If anyone can point me to the right direction along with a guide? Thank you :love:

UPDATE: I managed to find a V715 in the thread and updated the TV. I will test it in the next few days to see if there are any issue of compatibility.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
    V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
    build= 1622639309
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB