TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
This weekend if I can, I will try to install v. 376 renouncing v. 288 to see if there are improvements in my case. Obviously this v. 376 is good for a 55ep640 tv in Italy?
Depends what kind of improments you are looking for. Hdr is not better, neither is 4k hdr playback on youtube judging by what others said. But overall system speed is increased, also all IPTV apps work correctly with 376.

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
HDR stability

Depends what kind of improments you are looking for. Hdr is not better, neither is 4k hdr playback on youtube judging by what others said. But overall system speed is increased, also all IPTV apps work correctly with 376.

V288 is fast and stable but i noticed delays in hdr, also on ps4 hdr settings changes itself, V252 and V 258 hdr is more stable and delays are really short . for hdr V252 and 258 is best . for P8M

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

V288 is fast and stable but i noticed delays in hdr, also on ps4 hdr settings changes itself, V252 and V 258 hdr is more stable and delays are really short . for hdr V252 and 258 is best . for P8M

for example when dark scene changes with bright scene image are overexposed few seconds in V288 and this behavior is eliminated or really short in V252 and 258 , also in V288 i notices sometimes over brightness while gameplay and game mode on and of again helped, so hdr is not stable in V 288

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
What did you mean with IPTV issues? I've got stuttering after channel switching. This is actually still in the latest version
Some HD channels would lag, video get stuck, sound still continue. Or video artefacts keep appearing. From 371 i think this issue is solved. I tested like 300 different channels and didnt get single issue. Before this firmware, ~ 30 channels were broken, only playable using Mx player, and even with mx still getting issues sometimes.

MrXico95

Mar 19, 2017
Paranavaí
Hello guys, I have an issue with my 50p8m when I'm using my PS4, that it randomly keeps switching to the TV channels. I put it back on the HDMI but it goes back to the channels again, like 4 times in a roll. Its so annoying. Does anyone has this problem to? I tried every firmware released and tried to reset the TV, but it keeps happening.

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
advice

Hello guys, I have an issue with my 50p8m when I'm using my PS4, that it randomly keeps switching to the TV channels. I put it back on the HDMI but it goes back to the channels again, like 4 times in a roll. Its so annoying. Does anyone has this problem to? I tried every firmware released and tried to reset the TV, but it keeps happening.

i suggest you at first use V258 or V288 after installation this version go in menu picture settings and contrast types 9735 after this service menu appears go to reset shop. next step choose game present and game mode same time for minimal input lag. and best quality i suggest disable hdr in your ps4 you get better quality and colors also deep black. turn off everything in picture settings only local dimming on if you want . ok that’s it grat game experience for tcl p8m

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

i suggest you at first use V258 or V288 after installation this version go in menu picture settings and contrast types 9735 after this service menu appears go to reset shop. next step choose game present and game mode same time for minimal input lag. and best quality i suggest disable hdr in your ps4 you get better quality and colors also deep black. turn off everything in picture settings only local dimming on if you want . ok that’s it grat game experience for tcl p8m

also color: must be neutral
try this steps if it doesn’t help maybe your tv have some problems

alimba77

Sep 19, 2020
Question

Good afternoon my friends. Do you know where I can get these updates directly from the source?

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

What are the differences from 376 to 378 and 379? What has changed?

Last edited:

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
Good afternoon my friends. Do you know where I can get these updates directly from the source?

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

What are the differences from 376 to 378 and 379? What has changed?
There never is a changelog. You have to try and see. Updates come from TCL servers, they are accesable from various tcl support pages, some from North America website, some from Europe, some from others. All firmwares get posted on 4pda forum when released

MrXico95

Mar 19, 2017
Paranavaí

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

also color: must be neutral
try this steps if it doesn’t help maybe your tv have some problems

Did everything you suggested, but v258 and v288 still keeps switching from the hdmi to tv channels. Tested v379 and it seems to be working good, no problems beside the HDR overexposed. Your image settings did make it better playing on the ps4.

CaptainFlakes

Oct 28, 2014
I tried the 379 now and i pains me to say, but amazon prime HDR and youtube 4k 60fps hdr still have these micro studders. No change there.

Runs absolutely great otherwise. Very fast and responsive and in that regard miles better than the 2xx firmwares.

Since i watch youtube and prime a lot i will go back. Man i really wanna know why they can't fix that.

raviz

Mar 20, 2007
I tried the 379 now and i pains me to say, but amazon prime HDR and youtube 4k 60fps hdr still have these micro studders. No change there.

Runs absolutely great otherwise. Very fast and responsive and in that regard miles better than the 2xx firmwares.

Since i watch youtube and prime a lot i will go back. Man i really wanna know why they can't fix that.

Try installing latest prime form aptoide store... Currently its 5.3.3 i vuess. It works fine for mw dont use much you tube.

Fallenwitcher

Sep 12, 2012
I can't turn on the TV from standby with Google assistant. Fast boot is activated and all other standby features disabled, like deep sleep.
When I say, okay Google, turn on TV. The led start blinking twice but nothing happened.
This happens sometimes also with Alexa when trying to turn on the TV.
It looks like there is some other hidden deep sleep function that I didn't found.

The clock is also stop running after turning off the TV. When I turn back on the TV, the clock shows the time from the moment I turned off the TV. The clock syncs after some navigation through the menu.

There is also a bug that deactivate the search apps for Google assistant. For example, I switch on the apps for voice search like the emby app. The app deactivates itself after some time.

This is since the past few updates. I start up from scratch with the latest version. But this issue is still there

Last edited:

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
As this is also a discussion platform:
Today android TV 11 has been released.
How is TCL with bigger android updates (I have my first TCL TV), do you think our platform will receive the android tv 11 update?

IoniqDragon

Feb 13, 2020
do you think our platform will receive the android tv 11 update?
Google itself roll-out version only for ADT-3 and promise to make TV11 available in number of next monthes.
But what a reason for such updates? There are no any usable changes in change list (probably only new support for HDMI-CEC)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone