• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
If i install the v379 and then i want to downgrade? How can i do it?

Netflix and prime video are okay with this update? can you confirm that? This problem is really annoying

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
In addition to Android reset open "TV Settings" from remote, selevt "Video" and scroll down to Video reset. This way all processing mode switches will reset.
Also very usefull after version upgrade to perform operation in factory menu: enable hotkey, perform NVM reset. But it is accessible only from remotes with numpad.

OK, done. I nave to go out now, i'll try later

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Better but.. Micro lag persist. On YouTube, Amazon prime.. There is micro lag, i see it, is never fluid...

OK, done. I nave to go out now, i'll try later

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Better but.. Micro lag persist. On YouTube, Amazon prime.. There is micro lag, i see it, is never fluid...

Don't even bother to update tour TV anymore. At least until Android 10, if we ever get it. Whatever change TCL did in V300+ firmwares, they are not going back. Those who face this issue should stick to V2xx and just be happy with it. Upgrading / reinstalling apps / downgrading, takes a lot of your life time, lol.

And this subject is like a war in forums. Not every TV has this issue, so, those who don't have it, think we are like idiots.

I'm running V270, the latest pre-3xx to my region, on my 50P8M. YT 4K60 is buttery smooth and HDR is also fine in PC mode :)

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
Don't even bother to update tour TV anymore. At least until Android 10, if we ever get it. Whatever change TCL did in V300+ firmwares, they are not going back. Those who face this issue should stick to V2xx and just be happy with it. Upgrading / reinstalling apps / downgrading, takes a lot of your life time, lol.

And this subject is like a war in forums. Not every TV has this issue, so, those who don't have it, think we are like idiots.

I'm running V270, the latest pre-3xx to my region, on my 50P8M. YT 4K60 is buttery smooth and HDR is also fine in PC mode :)

So you advise to rollback on 2x version? My TV comes in my house with 317. With 379 is effectively better, with reset all, nvrm and shop is better. But micro lag on 4k playback with app likes amazon and YouTube persiste, sometimes is annoying.

So you advise to rollback on 2x version? My TV comes in my house with 317. With 379 is effectively better, with reset all, nvrm and shop is better. But micro lag on 4k playback with app likes amazon and YouTube persiste, sometimes is annoying.

If you are annoyed about the stuttering, you should definitely give an older firmware a try. I recommend you to find the latest 2xx for you region. I know the latest of all is V295. A very common is V288. The latest to my region is V270.

I immediately noticed the stuttering when I first update my TV, if I'm not wrong, to V308 months ago. I first thought I broke it somehow, because the playback performance was a lot better before. Then I luckily leaned about the downgrade procedure and that solved everything.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
If you are annoyed about the stuttering, you should definitely give an older firmware a try. I recommend you to find the latest 2xx for you region. I know the latest of all is V295. A very common is V288. The latest to my region is V270.

I immediately noticed the stuttering when I first update my TV, if I'm not wrong, to V308 months ago. I first thought I broke it somehow, because the playback performance was a lot better before. Then I luckily leaned about the downgrade procedure and that solved everything.

Can you explain me the downgrade procedure? Have you a screenshot Of older interface? Thanks!

Can you explain me the downgrade procedure? Have you a screenshot Of older interface? Thanks!

The old interface is basically the same. You're still running Android 9. The only difference (aesthetic) is the TV settings menu (not the Android Settings menu, but the one you access using the remote button).

If you use an OTA package, the procedure is the same as to update the firmware. Copy the .zip to the USB drive, plug into the TV, go to Settings -> About -> Software update -> Local update and confirm that you indeed want to use an older version of the firmware.

If you use a full package (IMG), then you have to copy the .img file to the USB drive, plug into the TV, turn it off (full off, by long pressing the power button) and turn it back on by holding the TV's power button. Hold it until the bottom light starts to blink.

In both cases a full reset is recommended. The IMG will reset personal data, but will not reset NVM.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
The old interface is basically the same. You're still running Android 9. The only difference (aesthetic) is the TV settings menu (not the Android Settings menu, but the one you access using the remote button).

If you use an OTA package, the procedure is the same as to update the firmware. Copy the .zip to the USB drive, plug into the TV, go to Settings -> About -> Software update -> Local update and confirm that you indeed want to use an older version of the firmware.

If you use a full package (IMG), then you have to copy the .img file to the USB drive, plug into the TV, turn it off (full off, by long pressing the power button) and turn it back on by holding the TV's power button. Hold it until the bottom light starts to blink.

In both cases a full reset is recommended. The IMG will reset personal data, but will not reset NVM.

In EU the last find on 4pda is v252, but the last 2xx for 4pda is 288. You advise 252 or 288??

So, recap:
-Install the v252 or 288
-Service menù and reset nvrm and factory reset

Right?

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
Right. You should probably use V288. It's "newer" and stable.

Ok, i try the v252, the last for my region, and the playback is perfect. Thanks for help! The system is not fluid like the 3xx version, but nevermind, the playback is the important things. I heard that the v252 causes crash in recovery mode, i'll try it, if the problem exist, i'll update to 288. Now perhaps is perfect, thanks!

P.S. The only "problem" (if we can call problem) is youtube, the last versione crashes on playback, but with the standard version is okay, so nevermind. Maybe the v252 is too old for this version of youtube, but amazon prime works good!

Ok, i try the v252, the last for my region, and the playback is perfect. Thanks for help! The system is not fluid like the 3xx version, but nevermind, the playback is the important things. I heard that the v252 causes crash in recovery mode, i'll try it, if the problem exist, i'll update to 288. Now perhaps is perfect, thanks!

P.S. The only "problem" (if we can call problem) is youtube, the last versione crashes on playback, but with the standard version is okay, so nevermind. Maybe the v252 is too old for this version of youtube, but amazon prime works good!

Yeah, the latest YouTube is indeed crashing when it starts the playback. It started to happen after the latest update from Play Store. I believe it will be fixed.

You have the option to use Smart YouTube TV. It's an alternative version with much more control. It's the same UI. I'm using it since forever.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
Yeah, the latest YouTube is indeed crashing when it starts the playback. It started to happen after the latest update from Play Store. I believe it will be fixed.

You have the option to use Smart YouTube TV. It's an alternative version with much more control. It's the same UI. I'm using it since forever.

Ok, thanks, i didn't know it! Finally the problems have been solved, thanks for the help and the youtube advise!

ftoompsh

Nov 27, 2010
TCL 20 Pro 5G
Hey all,
I'm using the 55P8M (v379) and have searched the tv menus a bunch of times and can't find where the "PC Mode" option is?
Am i having a man look and obviously missing it, do i have the wrong model, i just can't seem to find it.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Top Liked Posts