TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
V 616 OTA zip file...CRC32 21206E3D.
USB clean with FAT32 ?
Try different USB drive or USB input on TV.
Restart (no reset) TV also maybe help.

Edit:
I have also same verification fail once (bad download from eu server..CRC32 different) ,as many others on this V616.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
does anyone know if we can port o mod this apk to work on our TCL TVs?
A few days ago I tried, even thru Puffn TV or Firefox TV......no luck !
TCL (outside North America) is not compatible yet....
Puffn TV or Firefox TV apps can Log In, browse the content ,but not watch actual movie or series.
Atm, I can watch on my PC, so maybe connect PC with TV can.
I didn't try.

Firefox TV / Puffin TV

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: nicosilva

Gfr64

Jan 16, 2021
V 616 OTA zip file...CRC32 21206E3D.
USB clean with FAT32 ?
Try different USB drive or USB input on TV.
Restart (no reset) TV also maybe help.

Edit:
I have also same verification fail once (bad download from eu server..CRC32 different) ,as many others on this V616.
Hi stasiof,
you were right. The USB stick was the problem.
It was not possible to copy the file to the stick without errors.
Each time a different CRC32 checksum ...
It worked perfectly with another USB stick.
Local update then worked perfectly!

Thank you for your help.
Best regards, Gerald

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi stasiof,
you were right. The USB stick was the problem.
It was not possible to copy the file to the stick without errors.
Each time a different CRC32 checksum ...
It worked perfectly with another USB stick.
Local update then worked perfectly!

Thank you for your help.
Best regards, Gerald
Good...... (y)

juanchoyje

Oct 18, 2011
Hello good morning, I am new with a TCL P715, is this software valid for my model? Where can I see how it is installed and the improvements it brings? Greetings and thank you very much.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello good morning, I am new with a TCL P715, is this software valid for my model? Where can I see how it is installed and the improvements it brings? Greetings and thank you very much.
Yes,
look for V616 OTA version a few pages back.
Btw,
can you post your software version in P715 .

scasser

Oct 14, 2010
TCL confirmed update on Android 11 and Google TV in Q3 2021 for those models:
  • TCL X915
  • TCL C815
  • TCL C715
  • TCL P815
  • TCL P715
  • TCL P615
  • TCL X10
  • TCL X815
  • TCL EC78
  • TCL EP68
  • TCL EP66
  • TCL EP64
Good news, I have a TCL C715 and Chromecast + Google TV on another TV. The TCL C715 is going very slowly I think for the remote. I don't know if I can do something to perform better or just wait Q3 2021 (october or dicember 2021 ??? :D )

Axl Rose 1976

Jan 1, 2012
HDMI passthrough now works with third party apps in update version 616 with lil bit delay in sound
Which player are you using? I am on v616 now. Can´t get DTS working.
I have a DLNA server running (Jellyfin) running. I have only DTS sound with the internal player. But forwarding in a file is so slow...

Any help is appreciated.

Axl Rose 1976

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks for your hint.
I just tried Kodi. You can´t choose the audio device for passthrough? It´s fixed with android, audiotrack? I activated passthrough. My receiver shows DD instead of DTS, but it doesn´t sound like stereo DD. Kodi does not show up, if the device is capable of DTS. The internal player shows up DTS immediately.

Humpus

Mar 7, 2013
I know we're talking about firmware updates here, but does anyone have an idea if the following problem can be fixed with firmware? I'm on V395 now.

On my C715, a pink horizontal line is displayed on the screen every couple of minutes. It's input dependent, meaning it only shows on HDMI inputs. Not on Netflix, Youtube, TV menus, etc.

It's always there when I'm watching TV through the TV decoder. Also when watching a recording that's done on the decoder. The line doesn't freeze when I pause the playback. It just keeps scrolling down. Even when the decoder is in standby mode, the line is showing on a black screen. I already tried all the most logical things: change HDMI ports, use another HDMI cable, even the decoder has been replaced. No luck.

It looks like the TV cannot handle 1080p at 50Hz properly. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

Edit: just tried hooking up my laptop via HDMI with 1080p and 1080i at 50Hz, 60hz, different subsampling options, etc. Everything works just fine. I don't know the exact details of the signal that the TV decoder is outputting, but could it be that the TV can't handle a certain type of signal?

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone