TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
São Paulo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Hey, i just did this. Everything was oke. After the numbers the screen was black and it stays.. only the white light on the bottom is on every 6 seconds.. what must i do? Please help me the tv does nothing.. it wil not turn on..

Turn on the TV (like you normally would), let it sit for a minute and do the procedure of changing the project ID using the remote combination, but use the ORIGINAL code of your model. It should work.

Even if the TV is on a black screen, it boots and let you do the procedure. It happened to my P8M too.

EDIT:

I just noticed that your TV is blinking the LED, it's a different symptom than mine. In my case, the TV would boot up normally, I could hear sound, but the screen was totally black, with zero blacklight activity.

Last edited:

Piper2603

Feb 10, 2021
Hi, I have the following problem, blue edges, with the UHD from Bad Boys for example, I often have blue rims, it is best seen in the opening scene when Marcus tips over the fries and Mike brakes because of it, Mike's glasses have blue rims. Does anyone know this phenomenon and is there a remedy? Playback via HDMI 2.0 cable and is a TCL 50C715
Greetings Piper2603

Ufukozen

Feb 25, 2021
Turn on the TV (like you normally would), let it sit for a minute and do the procedure of changing the project ID using the remote combination, but use the ORIGINAL code of your model. It should work.

Even if the TV is on a black screen, it boots and let you do the procedure. It happened to my P8M too.

EDIT:

I just noticed that your TV is blinking the LED, it's a different symptom than mine. In my case, the TV would boot up normally, I could hear sound, but the screen was totally black, with zero blacklight activity.

Last edited:

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
Hey everyone, Hi!

I bought a 55P8M recently, and I'm from Iran, there's this company kinda I think rebranding the TCL here in Iran, Maadiran, its TCL, but I think they've played around with its a bit, mostly the OS, it has no Google Play Store, Google Play Service, No YouTube (ofc its filtered here in Iran), nothing at all, and even the home page is different to google tv I see even in the ads for this tv.

1.Can I flash/install/upgrade to normal (by normalI mean what is available to other countries) ROMS around? How? Tried putting Update.IMG from the very first posts here and didnt work, tried to put the full zip firmware didnt work (V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.zip and V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680_PKG_USB_GMC.zip)

2.Do you suggest me not tampering with the OS and stick to what it is? I've managed to Install Stremio for my self so it can mostly do what I like it to do but honestly I expected much more than this of the TV but it seems so limited. I mean Do you suggest me not to tamper with it so I wont void the gaurantee on this cheap tv (which is expensive still due to bad economic situation here in Iran)?

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
^
Can you post pic of Product Information?
Need to go in Setting>Device preference>About>Product information ....
as in post #1182.

I think this is all the critical images you might want to take a look at, btw, couldnt find the post 1182 you mentioned, can you please reshare the image so I can see what its supposed to look like that mine is not:))

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 54

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Just one page back.......

Edit:
    Yea, seems you have totally different software version.
    Looks like for Android boxes.
    I am afraid you can't do anything from original TCL firmware versions here.
    You can contact "maadiran" there for firmware update.

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Anyone has issue playing HLG video in YouTube (or SmartTube Next) in V623?
    Can see the sky bright clouds was not displayed properly with weird artifacts...
    Also happen with very bright light, but only for HLG....HDR10 is OK.

2021-02-27_153257.png
    TCast1614411373309.png

Last edited:

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
    São Paulo
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Anyone has issue playing HLG video in YouTube (or SmartTube Next) in V623?
    Can see the sky bright clouds was not displayed properly with weird artifacts...
    Also happen with very bright light, but only for HLG....HDR10 is OK.

View attachment 5234421View attachment 5234425

Yes, I noticed this too. Here, it happens only on the first playback. If I stop and play the same video again, it works normally until I reboot the TV. I'm on 620, but noticed this since 609. Luckily HLG is not that common.

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Yes, I noticed this too. Here, it happens only on the first playback. If I stop and play the same video again, it works normally until I reboot the TV. I'm on 620, but noticed this since 609. Luckily HLG is not that common.
    Yup, excatly how you explain, for me too apear on first play, after is off and on.....paused ,changed resolution and somehow is gone, but later apear again.

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
    Yup, excatly how you explain, for me too apear on first play, after is off and on.....paused ,changed resolution and somehow is gone, but later apear again.
    also i noticed same, so we can say or tcl is weak brand or TCL developers are lazy people, how many months after release this models C715 , P8M and more still not good software, some version hdr is not working , some versions has 60 hz problem , some hlg not working, day by day i think about worth to buy this tvs? also vertical banding issue is noticed on C715 many reasons to not buy this tv and this brand , i think only roku models still worth to buy, i recomend collect money and try another brand samsung or sony, i am personally really disappointed with tcl

Reactions: VonnHansenn

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone