TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
Yup, excatly how you explain, for me too apear on first play, after is off and on.....paused ,changed resolution and somehow is gone, but later apear again.
also i noticed same, so we can say or tcl is weak brand or TCL developers are lazy people, how many months after release this models C715 , P8M and more still not good software, some version hdr is not working , some versions has 60 hz problem , some hlg not working, day by day i think about worth to buy this tvs? also vertical banding issue is noticed on C715 many reasons to not buy this tv and this brand , i think only roku models still worth to buy, i recomend collect money and try another brand samsung or sony, i am personally really disappointed with tcl

Reactions: VonnHansenn

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
I am not pro calibration master but i found best settings for tcl c715 and i want share to you. this setting gives much natural image and colors are not over saturated

Attachments

• 5AEB3E42-D1B1-43CF-9A13-29F18B4C7894.jpeg
    5AEB3E42-D1B1-43CF-9A13-29F18B4C7894.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
  • D34033BE-39AB-425D-8053-EA0C92AFF1A6.jpeg
    D34033BE-39AB-425D-8053-EA0C92AFF1A6.jpeg
    972.2 KB · Views: 244
  • D6D27DB2-9E59-4E2A-BB2E-D9D71211674D.jpeg
    D6D27DB2-9E59-4E2A-BB2E-D9D71211674D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
  • 1E24665F-60EE-4A33-BC57-521FB06B451E.jpeg
    1E24665F-60EE-4A33-BC57-521FB06B451E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 221
  • 3ADA7B0A-0896-4C2B-A72D-9C62B5014421.jpeg
    3ADA7B0A-0896-4C2B-A72D-9C62B5014421.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • 3A06A883-9AA8-493A-AF15-FA3497CA8E83.jpeg
    3A06A883-9AA8-493A-AF15-FA3497CA8E83.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
Reactions: doganmanis

sbell1

Mar 1, 2021
Hello,

I have a TCL P615 65 inch BeyondTV.

I run a Samsung 5.1 surround system. I connect the sound through HDMI ARC.

For my TV, I was running the software V616.

Last couple of days it did the update to V620 and then all of a sudden my surround sound was out of sync and had an audio delay, this was for free to air TV as well as netflix, plex, youtube, etc.

I had a play with the settings to try and fix it by going into sound settings and selecting the digital audio out as "PCM" but the sound is extremely quiet and still out of sync. I then select "Auto" and the sound returns but it is still extremely out of sync.

On the Samung surround system i have the ARC setting turned "on" or "auto".

The sound is perfectly synced when i turn the surround sound off and use the speakers through the TV.

I then tried doing an update to V623 which didnt fix the problem. I then tried rolling back to V616 which also didnt fix the problem.

Has anyone had this problem before and have any solutions?

Thankyou.

EDIT: I have CEC setting turned on as well

Last edited:

sbell1

Mar 1, 2021
Hello,

Last couple of days it did the update to V620 and then all of a sudden my surround sound was out of sync and had an audio delay, this was for free to air TV as well as netflix, plex, youtube, etc.

I had a play with the settings to try and fix it by going into sound settings and selecting the digital audio out as "PCM" but the sound is extremely quiet and still out of sync. I then select "Auto" and the sound returns but it is still extremely out of sync.

The sound is perfectly synced when i turn the surround sound off and use the speakers through the TV.

I then tried doing an update to V623 which didnt fix the problem. I then tried rolling back to V616 which also didnt fix the problem.

Thankyou.

UPDATE:

I tried the following FW updates V623, V620, V616, V615, V609 and V602 and every single update had the audio delay and the "PCM" option in digital audio out, did not work.

I was almost ready to throw the remote at the TV and then thought id give one more a go. So I installed V395 and it worked, everything is back to how it was prior to the update.

TCL need to get their **** together

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
If anyone is interested, I have updated my update script to also check for new updates for the R51M (TCL P815/P816 models) and push the new updates to this telegram channel:
https://t.me/tclupdates

Of course for the R851T platform my old Channel still exists and will also recieve new update notifications in the same channel.

Source code is here:

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
If anyone is interested, I have updated my update script to also check for new updates for the R51M (TCL P815/P816 models) and push the new updates to this telegram channel:
https://t.me/tclupdatesr51m

Of course for the R851T platform my old Channel still exists and will also recieve new update notifications:
https://t.me/tclupdatesr851t

Source code is here:
R51M is also 75X915 model , not only P815/816/818.

P815/816/818.......V8-R51MT02-LF1Vxxx
75X915 ..................V8-R51MT01-LF1Vxxx

Latest 75X915......V094 OTA

V8-R51MT01-LF1V094.017529
build.date= Jan 7 2021
security_patch=2020-10-05

Last edited:
Reactions: FaserF

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013

metamasterplay

Mar 20, 2011
Casablanca
Hello,

Thankyou.

You should enable pass-through in Audio settings instead of Auto. However as far as I know surround sound does not work on third-party apps like Plex and youtube does not support it at all. You only get stereo.

sbell1

Mar 1, 2021
You should enable pass-through in Audio settings instead of Auto. However as far as I know surround sound does not work on third-party apps like Plex and youtube does not support it at all. You only get stereo.
Passthrough on my TV only works for free to air TV but does not work for third party apps. However, my surround sound does work for third party apps if i have PCM enabled.

There was some sort of bug in the updates which i listed. The only update which PCM worked for me was V395.

x3M3x

Mar 4, 2021
Is there a way to block software updates on p8s? I downgrade the software to 606 and the tv automatically updates to 620 when i gets it

also I’m having a problem where everytime i put the tv in standby mode (turning it off without disconnecting the electricity) it keeps showing vertical rgb lines in theblack screen and keeps repeating the same thing every few minutes, any idea how to fix or whats the problem?
Tcl tech came to my house to fix it but they just updated it to v606 which fixes it but when the tv updates the problem continues

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
São Paulo
Is there a way to block software updates on p8s? I downgrade the software to 606 and the tv automatically updates to 620 when i gets it

also I’m having a problem where everytime i put the tv in standby mode (turning it off without disconnecting the electricity) it keeps showing vertical rgb lines in theblack screen and keeps repeating the same thing every few minutes, any idea how to fix or whats the problem?
Tcl tech came to my house to fix it but they just updated it to v606 which fixes it but when the tv updates the problem continues

We used to be able to disable automatic software updates in the past by going to Settings -> Device Preferences -> About -> Privacy Notice and unchecking a box that says "Enable automatic software updates...", but they changed it. There's a new section called User Agreements instead of Privacy Notice, but it's unclear if unchecking any of those boxes will stop auto updates. Although, I think V606 uses the old screen, so you can try it.

Interesting is that, if I uncheck everything and press the back button instead of the "Agree", it actually saves my choice, even though at least Term and Conditions is mandatory.

About the vertical lines, try to disable Network Standby under Settings -> Network & Internet. I had a thing that the LED of my TV would still, very very slightly blink, when the TV was on standby. Turns out that this option was causing it. Since I don't use any of the casting features while it's off, turning off this option didn't affected my experience.

x3M3x

Mar 4, 2021
We used to be able to disable automatic software updates in the past by going to Settings -> Device Preferences -> About -> Privacy Notice and unchecking a box that says "Enable automatic software updates...", but they changed it. There's a new section called User Agreements instead of Privacy Notice, but it's unclear if unchecking any of those boxes will stop auto updates. Although, I think V606 uses the old screen, so you can try it.

Interesting is that, if I uncheck everything and press the back button instead of the "Agree", it actually saves my choice, even though at least Term and Conditions is mandatory.

About the vertical lines, try to disable Network Standby under Settings -> Network & Internet. I had a thing that the LED of my TV would still, very very slightly blink, when the TV was on standby. Turns out that this option was causing it. Since I don't use any of the casting features while it's off, turning off this option didn't affected my experience.
thanks for the reply

I do know that disabling network stand by does infact make the virtual lines only happen once when putting the tv in stand by but i do use it that’s why i didn’t disable it , i was just wondering what could cause the issue to happen on certain softwares but not the others

also for disabling the software update are you saying that now there is no clear way to do so in the newer updates?

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
São Paulo
also for disabling the software update are you saying that now there is no clear way to do so?

The method I described is effective on firmwares that uses the old "privacy page". I ran V288 for a long time and didn't had a single update notification after doing that. I think V606 still uses this old screen for managing privacy and it should work.

But yes, on newer firmwares, there's no clear way to do it.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone