TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

x3M3x

Mar 4, 2021
Are there any difference between the updates regarding region or is the file global and based on the region selected it shows any specific apps/settings?

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Are there any difference between the updates regarding region or is the file global and based on the region selected it shows any specific apps/settings?
    In firmware itself all regions are included,so is global.
    Depend of region set in TV (Project ID) specific apps/language will be installed.

x3M3x

Mar 4, 2021
    Your region xxx will get specific apps from firmware itself.
    If you want any other , download and install additional .
    I don't know what else you mean.
    I mean before i had different apps in tcl channel but after installing a new firmware from a file I downloaded those apps changed so i was wounding if those apps are from the firmware file

other than that everything else is the same and those apps can still be downloaded from play store but I wanted to just know if tcl channel apps are or are not on the firmware file

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    I think TCL channel apps come from firmware, maybe not same all the time.This is another reason that everybody asking about changelog.
    So we are in the dark regarding this.

Reactions: x3M3x

FMAranda

Jun 25, 2011
    São Paulo
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
    Speaking of tcl channel, I have two tcl channel apps installed on my TV. They seem to be the same, but they have different package names. One is com.tcl.partnercustomizer (I know this one for a long time) and the other is com.tcl.waterfall.overseas. Neither of them can be uninstalled or disabled. Do you guys have them too?

I believe it's been like this since 620 or even before. I can't remember for sure.

IMG_20210306_005130_347.jpg

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Before i have also 2 apps.
    I disable "com.tcl.waterfall.overseas" by ADB (also disable TCL Home and TCL Home Passive.
    So, now I have only 1 TCL Channel.......

Attachments

• TCast1615003623346.png
      TCast1615003623346.png
      520.4 KB · Views: 95
    • 2021-03-06_121835.png
      2021-03-06_121835.png
      41.2 KB · Views: 98
    Reactions: FMAranda

orangpelupa

May 29, 2012
    anyone managed to make TCL TV stick to 10 bit or 4:4:4? I need to re-set them on Nvidia control panel or switch back-and-forth to other input (HDMI 1 2 3, Netflix) to make the TV displays 10bit or 4:4:4

Reactions: cbm80

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
    Munich
    www.youtube.com
    I am having a TCL P815, which has a "Google Home" integrated. Means the Mic is in the TV itself.
    Unfortunatly if I press the power button on my TV, I am unable to say "Okay Google" anymore.
    Is there any way, how I could use the integrated Okay Google event when the TV itself is in sleep?

I mean we can also cast to the TV while it is in sleep. So its strange that this is not working.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone