TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Hi stasisof! Hope you can help me please. I have 2 problems with my 65p8m tcl tv starting with firmware versions 609 to 636.
    Maybe your WiFi (2.4 or 5 ?) signal is weak or try to asign different IP address in your TV. Check to date/time in TV setting.
    Also check channels in your router (to many users ?), reboot router.
    Format your USB either FAT32 or NTFS and check (you have 1 or 2 USB TV input ?).

tomae

May 11, 2021
    Maybe your WiFi (2.4 or 5 ?) signal is weak or try to asign different IP address in your TV. Check to date/time in TV setting.
    Also check channels in your router (to many users ?), reboot router.
    Format your USB either FAT32 or NTFS and check (you have 1 or 2 USB TV input ?).
    Thanks for answering!
    I don't think that the wifi signal is weak and only 2 gadgets are connected.
    Regarding the usb, already reformatted them to fat32. The only problem is that the transcend is consistently not being read by the tv when i turned it on.
    There's a trick i do so the tv can read it. This is by turning it off again and then on. But this is too hassle.

With version 606, i don't have these issues. The wifi is automatically turned on upon turning on the tv and the external hard drives are being read when plugged in. No problems at all.

But i am hoping to upgrade firmware because of the new features and better video processing with regards to quality.

Tried checking the software update via network update but it says that the current version 606 is the latest update.

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    As I noted for OTA release, build is on V625 base and is normal for every IMG file (as is wiped everything), that WiFi is ok.

What is changed in auto shutdown / sleep application ?
    Nobody mention this for OTA update.
    The rest of improvement, I also deeply doubt.

So don't share the things that you don't understand.
    Everything can be read from the source code or after browsing the libraries.
    I have been working on the android development platform (SDK) for several years.

I noticed that you shared everything you could find without really knowing what it was or what it really contains.(probably because you need to be first). I sent changes in the OS against 634. (the last stable version I tried).

Personally, I don't share or install problematic versions because it makes more problems for users than it helps.
    So at least connect via ADB and see what has changed, and only then comment on it.

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    So don't share the things that you don't understand.
    Everything can be read from the source code or after browsing the libraries.

I noticed that you shared everything you could find without really knowing what it was.(probably because you need to be first). I sent changes in the OS against 634. (the last stable version I tried).

Personally, I don't share or install problematic versions because it makes more problems for users than it helps.
    So at least connect via ADB and see what has changed, and only then comment on it.
    I has already installed V636 OTA, so I know that is version "going back" to level V625. Only MagiConnect apps is updated.
    Put aside on this forum ,your teaching skill.
    But I help you one time on French forum, even you don't know which numbers to put for specific Service menu.....full stop.....

Reactions: Regulardealer

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    New "R" version....R508 (custom IMG )
    V8-R851T02-LF1R508

build date= May 08 2021
    build= 1620449995
    security_patch= 2020-09-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP06
    size = 2.92 GB

Just to be precise :​

1620449995 = build.date.utc

[BUILD]
    R/PPR = PRE-RELEASE → PPR1.180610.011
    Copying the text correctly is perhaps not that complicated :

build.PNG

Since the link appears a few minutes ago (http://tcl-obc.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/), I'm guessing you haven't tested it.

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020

I will definitely not install the "R" version on my TV.
    But if you try it, I would be quite interested if you see any change in "ghosting".
    I suspect that this is just a solution to the problem of "ghosting" in TV channels.

Last edited:
    Reactions: titovski

titovski

Sep 17, 2014
    stasiof:

On my tcl 55ep640, I had color problems on the DTT channels: red and green saturation and image ghoests, which I was unable to solve using the settings, which were also somewhat accentuated in the image. Some difficulty also with the wirless connection. Currently, the new firmwares have been gradually resolving them. That's why I always update. The advantage of this V636_IMG is that it cleaned the residues of the previous firms and my TV has improved in the aspects I mentioned above.
    Tanks

Last edited:

papu4ara

Dec 7, 2010
    Burgas
    Hi everyone!

I noticed serious light leakage when tv is turn off.
    I need to unplug the cable at night when going to sleep, because all the screen glow in the dark.

Anyone facing the same issue and how to solved it?

TCL 55P715

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I noticed serious light leakage when tv is turn off.
    I need to unplug the cable at night when going to sleep, because all the screen glow in the dark.

Anyone facing the same issue and how to solved it?

TCL 55P715
    Off by remote or power button ?
    By remote had 2 ways......

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
    New "R" version....R508 (custom IMG )
    V8-R851T02-LF1R508

build date= May 08 2021
    build= 1620449995
    security_patch= 2020-09-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP06
    size = 2.92 GB
    Hi, thanks. Did a clean install, everything seems to be running fine. An auto delay slider has been added to the Sound menu, HDR looks better on You tube. Will check on to see if there is any improvement on the ghosting.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone