TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Hi stasisof! Hope you can help me please. I have 2 problems with my 65p8m tcl tv starting with firmware versions 609 to 636.
    Maybe your WiFi (2.4 or 5 ?) signal is weak or try to asign different IP address in your TV. Check to date/time in TV setting.
    Also check channels in your router (to many users ?), reboot router.
    Format your USB either FAT32 or NTFS and check (you have 1 or 2 USB TV input ?).

tomae

May 11, 2021
    Maybe your WiFi (2.4 or 5 ?) signal is weak or try to asign different IP address in your TV. Check to date/time in TV setting.
    Also check channels in your router (to many users ?), reboot router.
    Format your USB either FAT32 or NTFS and check (you have 1 or 2 USB TV input ?).
    Thanks for answering!
    I don't think that the wifi signal is weak and only 2 gadgets are connected.
    Regarding the usb, already reformatted them to fat32. The only problem is that the transcend is consistently not being read by the tv when i turned it on.
    There's a trick i do so the tv can read it. This is by turning it off again and then on. But this is too hassle.

With version 606, i don't have these issues. The wifi is automatically turned on upon turning on the tv and the external hard drives are being read when plugged in. No problems at all.

But i am hoping to upgrade firmware because of the new features and better video processing with regards to quality.

Tried checking the software update via network update but it says that the current version 606 is the latest update.

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    As I noted for OTA release, build is on V625 base and is normal for every IMG file (as is wiped everything), that WiFi is ok.

What is changed in auto shutdown / sleep application ?
    Nobody mention this for OTA update.
    The rest of improvement, I also deeply doubt.

So don't share the things that you don't understand.
    Everything can be read from the source code or after browsing the libraries.
    I have been working on the android development platform (SDK) for several years.

I noticed that you shared everything you could find without really knowing what it was or what it really contains.(probably because you need to be first). I sent changes in the OS against 634. (the last stable version I tried).

Personally, I don't share or install problematic versions because it makes more problems for users than it helps.
    So at least connect via ADB and see what has changed, and only then comment on it.

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    So don't share the things that you don't understand.
    Everything can be read from the source code or after browsing the libraries.

I noticed that you shared everything you could find without really knowing what it was.(probably because you need to be first). I sent changes in the OS against 634. (the last stable version I tried).

Personally, I don't share or install problematic versions because it makes more problems for users than it helps.
    So at least connect via ADB and see what has changed, and only then comment on it.
    I has already installed V636 OTA, so I know that is version "going back" to level V625. Only MagiConnect apps is updated.
    Put aside on this forum ,your teaching skill.
    But I help you one time on French forum, even you don't know which numbers to put for specific Service menu.....full stop.....

Reactions: Regulardealer

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    New "R" version....R508 (custom IMG )
    V8-R851T02-LF1R508

build date= May 08 2021
    build= 1620449995
    security_patch= 2020-09-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP06
    size = 2.92 GB

Just to be precise :​

1620449995 = build.date.utc

[BUILD]
    R/PPR = PRE-RELEASE → PPR1.180610.011
    Copying the text correctly is perhaps not that complicated :

build.PNG

Since the link appears a few minutes ago (http://tcl-obc.s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/), I'm guessing you haven't tested it.

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020

I will definitely not install the "R" version on my TV.
    But if you try it, I would be quite interested if you see any change in "ghosting".
    I suspect that this is just a solution to the problem of "ghosting" in TV channels.

Last edited:
    Reactions: titovski

titovski

Sep 17, 2014
    stasiof:

On my tcl 55ep640, I had color problems on the DTT channels: red and green saturation and image ghoests, which I was unable to solve using the settings, which were also somewhat accentuated in the image. Some difficulty also with the wirless connection. Currently, the new firmwares have been gradually resolving them. That's why I always update. The advantage of this V636_IMG is that it cleaned the residues of the previous firms and my TV has improved in the aspects I mentioned above.
    Tanks

Last edited:

papu4ara

Dec 7, 2010
    Burgas
    Hi everyone!

I noticed serious light leakage when tv is turn off.
    I need to unplug the cable at night when going to sleep, because all the screen glow in the dark.

Anyone facing the same issue and how to solved it?

TCL 55P715

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I noticed serious light leakage when tv is turn off.
    I need to unplug the cable at night when going to sleep, because all the screen glow in the dark.

Anyone facing the same issue and how to solved it?

TCL 55P715
    Off by remote or power button ?
    By remote had 2 ways......

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
    New "R" version....R508 (custom IMG )
    V8-R851T02-LF1R508

build date= May 08 2021
    build= 1620449995
    security_patch= 2020-09-05
    software.version_name=AP06
    size = 2.92 GB
    Hi, thanks. Did a clean install, everything seems to be running fine. An auto delay slider has been added to the Sound menu, HDR looks better on You tube. Will check on to see if there is any improvement on the ghosting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
      Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
      Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
      :

[Change log] :
      1. enhance stability
      2. optimised experience
      3. fixed some audio formats crash
      4. security package update (gDLL)
      5. optimisation
      DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
      V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
      build= 1622639309
      security_patch= 2021-01-05
      software.version_name=AP08
      file size= 1.40GB
      V640 Changelog:
      Code:
      - TV channels optimization
      - GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
      - SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
      - Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
      - Some applications have been updated.

AVPhilic

Greetings! I also suffer from ghosting on my c717. Also noticed that R508 almost got away from this problem. Now I installed V638. Cjukfiecm xnj yf ytq yt nfr rfr yf K508, but tolerable. I wanted to ask what settings do you make for calibration? I use my TV as a monitor. I am writing through a translator, I am from Russia.
      The picture settings I use for C715 post calibration with patterns

Picture Mode Movie

Backlight or Brightness : 50 (The more you increase this it washes out true colors, In brighter rooms you may increase upto 67)

Black Level : 56 ( I was not able to achieve reference black at 50, so using the pattern the best lowest black level without crushing the details was 54)

Contrast : 89, this is best to get maximum contrast set. An higher contrast produced more washed out images and at 89 I was able to get the whites blend closely with other colors.

Color: 54, this was the best I could configure using the RGB blue mode. At default 50, the uniformity of the color was not good. So setting to 54 produces natural colors.

Sharpness 0

Dynamic Color off., Dynamic Contrast Off, Dynamic Brightness + off, Local Contrast Low

Auto format On, Overscan off.

Tint : 50, at color set to 54, the tint was accurate at 50 using the flashing color bars pattern in the blue mode.

White balance 2 point: Gain Red -1, Green -2, Blue 0 Offset Red 0, Green 0, Blue 2. I adjusted white balance with 80% gray for gain and 30% gray for offset. The RGB values at 80% gray was nearly equal R 204 G 204 B 202 and at 30% gray it was R 76, G 76 B 75

20 Point white balance : Off

Try these settings and see if it works for your C715.
      I also use almost identical settings that seem universal to me (55C715), or::

[MOVIE]
      • Brightness : Night 38 & Day 50
      • Contrast : 68
      • Color : 54 & Color Dynamic : OFF
      • Calarity : 0 & Digital Noise and reduction : OFF
      • Motion : OFF
      • Black Level 50
      • White balnace 2 points :
      - R-Offset : -1
      - G-Offset: -2
      - B-Offset: -4

Only in the menu (1950) did I slightly increase the contrast at the highest level for better lighting, as some films were very dark with a contrast of even 100:

• Parameter setings → Picture Curve → Contrast :
      Curve_100 : from 128 to 158

Previously I had to pull the lighting through Black Level, by increasing the contrast now I can leave the "Black level [GAMA CURBE]" to 50 .

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
      Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
      Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
      :

[Change log] :
      1. enhance stability
      2. optimised experience
      3. fixed some audio formats crash
      4. security package update (gDLL)
      5. optimisation
      DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
      Another Argentinian here.
      As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
      I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
      V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
      build= 1622639309
      file size= 1.40GB
      V640 Changelog:
      Code:
      - TV channels optimization
      - GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
      - SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
      - Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
      - Some applications have been updated.
      New firmware...V635

build date= Apr 26 2021
      build= 1619413912
      size = 1.39GB