• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
adb connect "tv ip"
adb shell
pm list
pm disable-user --user 0 "package"

if disable-user don't work, just use "pm disable 'package'"
Hi all!

so far on my not rooted devices I always used the "adb shell pm disable-user" without problems.

A few days ago my TCL 50C715 got updated to v625 and now I cannot disable Rakuten TV, it just get enabled by itself the next time I awake the TV!!! :(

adb shell pm disable-user tv.wuaki.apptv

Anyone has a suggestion? Maybe there is something more I should disable?
FYI this is my current disabled list (most of them auto-disabled because not available for Italy)

adb shell cmd package list packages -d
package:au.com.stan.and
package:com.eros.now
package:com.graymatrix.did
package:com.linecorp.linetv
package:com.netflix.ninja
package:com.tcl.bootadservice
package:com.tcl.common.terminalmanagerplus
package:com.tcl.gallery
package:com.tcl.notereminder
package:com.tcl.partnercustomizer
package:com.tcl.partnercustomizer.resource
package:com.tcl.pvr.pvrplayer
package:com.tcl.tv.tclhome_master
package:com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter
package:com.tcl.waterfall.overseas
package:tv.wuaki.apptv
package:uk.co.freeview.amc_catchup
package:uk.co.freeview.amc_horror
package:uk.co.freeview.bbc
package:uk.co.freeview.ch4_vod
package:uk.co.freeview.ch5
package:uk.co.freeview.explore
package:uk.co.freeview.fvpconfigauth
package:uk.co.freeview.itv
package:uk.co.freeview.mdsclient
package:uk.co.freeview.onnow
package:uk.co.freeview.stv
package:uk.co.freeview.systemdistributor
package:uk.co.freeview.tifbridge
package:uk.co.freeview.uktv

BTW: just found "ADB AppControl" and it shows the app as already disabled...

Last edited:

almog250

Mar 5, 2018
problem with tcl p8 the cec not turn off the box just turn on when I trun off this is said no signal try everything i donwgrade from 634 to 252 I thought this is work there and not. what the solution for cec for android tv boxes

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Muting will keep the mute icon on screen: when using an external home theater is annoying! There is something that I wasn't able to find to power of only audio?
So far I select "1" as volume level.
I found the option to power off display...

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Setting Up Live TV Pause
Both the US faq and the European one have info that I simply miss on my 50C715
https://support.tcl.com/us-androidt...tting-up-live-tv-pause-on-your-tcl-android-tv
  1. While you are on the Antenna TV input, press the Options button on your TCLAndroid TV remote control
  2. Scroll down and select Live TV Pause
I have even changed the display language but I do not have any "PVR" or "TV pause"

Am I missing something or the option is simply not available (even if advertised) on my TV?

Last edited:

spky.luis

Mar 21, 2021
Setting Up Live TV Pause
https://support.tcl.com/us-androidt...tting-up-live-tv-pause-on-your-tcl-android-tv
  1. While you are on the Antenna TV input, press the Options button on your TCLAndroid TV remote control
  2. Scroll down and select Live TV Pause
I have even changed the display language but I do not have any "PVR" or "TV pause"

Ma I missing something or the option is simply not available (even if advertised) on my TV?
I assume you connect a USB flash drive to the tv, right?

jmme1981

Mar 9, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hello Good afternoon, I am a new user of a tcl c715 europe and the network update tells me that it was in the latest software but on the official page of tcl was the RT51 Android P V625 with which I update via usb inside this folder was the file V8-R851T02-LF1V625.018435 and reading the forum and updated to the latest 635 V8-R851T02-LF1V635.018655 had many changes but my decoder for hdmi the audio was not synchronized and later 636 V8-R851T02-LF1V636.018672 with its Data reset to speed up the system in clean and at the moment the 636 was corrected the desynchronization very well although it has fewer options than if it had in the 635 in terms of image adjustment also install google tv but it still has some bug although passable now and back to android tv then I see that there are two that I can't find the eu v999 and the R508 I don't know if they are better than the 636 if someone explains to me a little which is currently the best while waiting for android 11
And one last question, how is pip activated, I have it activated for the apps but I don't know how to activate the function, I had read that with the home button, but this takes me to android tv

Last edited:

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Setting Up Live TV Pause

Hello. I have a 43P715 model purchased in Poland. This model does not support PVR / Timeshift. However, when looking for the specification of this model on foreign websites, the specification includes PVR support. Probably the lack of service in Europe is caused by some regulation of the European Union. Is there any way to unlock PVR functionality? For example, changing Project ID?

Edit: I changed my Project ID number from EU to ME/RUS. PVR has appeared on the menu.

Found this guide.
062598 + MENU + ID

Myy current ID is 218 (55C715 in Germany). Does this have to be changed to 317 or 326, for example?
The IDs are specific to each model !!!!

Yea, but the things is when you will update firmware,you will get all apps for this region
and PVR is available only for digital non encrypted channels.

It's already mention a few times here.
Use search in this thread.

Great, that will answer my question too!! Sorry, me too I didn't try a search with "PVR" (because on 99% of platform it's a "too short string")

BTW: this thread is now really huge and looking for specific solutions isn't handy... ;) I think that another, SMALLER, with just some sort of FAQ (and closed to users's replies!) will be easier to use!

Top Liked Posts