TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Choose different Picture mode, to get Contrast.
The Smart HDR is the one not to be used! In other Picture preset (TV settings\Picture) into the submenu Advanced settings\Brightness settings I get three sliders: one of these is Contrast but cannot be selected and entered...

Oh... wait... the slider must just be selected! Now the menu opens!! :cool:

Last edited:

morgonhed

Feb 22, 2011
Hi,

I have a 3 months old TCL 50C715 that suddely made strange noises, and then would not turn off anymore. After unplugging it the interface is now "dead".

On the homescreen there are no apps, I can select the "settings"-icon, but nothing happens when I try to click on it, no menu opens and that means I cannot do a factory reset anymore.

Unfortunately I do not know what firmware-version the TV runs on (I did not flash any firmware - it runs the version it came with) and there is currently no way for me to find out.

I hope that this is just some software-glitch and I would like to avoid the hassle of starting a warranty procedure, therefore my questions:

1) Do you have an idea what I could try?
2) Is there any way to access the android recovery-mode on this model?
3) Would it be worth a try to flash firmware onto the tv to make it work again?

If flashing firmware would be worth trying: What firmware-version should I use and what is the exact procedure?

Would trying to flash firmware run the risk of voiding my warranty?

Many thanks!

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
2) Is there any way to access the android recovery-mode on this model?

Try with these info, https://beebom.com/hard-reset-android-tv/

4. In case your TV is not booting at all or showing errors like “data corrupted” then you need to hard reset your Android TV through the recovery mode. Just turn off the TV and switch off the power or simply unplug the cord from the power supply.

5. Next, press the “OK” and “Back” buttons on the remote and press the physical power button of the TV. And then plug the TV cord into the power supply and turn it on. You will obviously need a second person to operate these instructions.

morgonhed

Feb 22, 2011
Ok thanks. I've got the V625 installed, but I am still having problems.

The first problem is that during setup the device failed to find TV-chanels even though the cable is connected.
And when I now open the TV-app, all I get is a completely black screen.

Then the whole systems feels very sluggish. Especially when I try to access the settings-menu everything is very slow.

Finally I cannot do a factory reset as the PIN "1234" is not accepted. What would I have to use here?

Many thanks!

UPDATE: The device is now bricked. It does not start anymore. An attempt to repeat the installation of V625 failes now - the installation does not start, all I get is a blinking LED.

What now?

UPDATE2: Tried another usb-stick, problem persists.

When I turn on the tv normally all I get is a TCL-Logo. When I try to update firmware all I get is a blinking LED...

UPDATE3: When I turn on normally it seems to be stuck in some sort of boot loop. The TCL-Logo appears, and then disappears and appears again etc. How can I get out of this?

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Finally I cannot do a factory reset as the PIN "1234" is not accepted. What would I have to use here?
    I don't know what are you doing, try this pass for factory reset.....0423.
    Try other IMG file as latest V636 (page #79).
    Other option is to call TCL, they will change motherboard.

smaaz

May 4, 2009
    Updated to 636 and pass through issue is resolved but still no DTS sound.

Edit: I downgraded to 625 and DTS still not working either through pass through or directly from USB, I see DTS icon but no sound. Now downloading old version 288 to see if its broken in newer builds or this TV just dosnt support DTS sound.

@stasiof man DTS sound isnt working on V288 aswell is there something wrong with my TV ? I see DTS icon but no sound i have tried 288/625/636 versions.

Last edited:

lwj1394

Mar 15, 2021

Markors250

May 20, 2021
    Good people can anyone install Stremio and try to play some 4K HDR. I only get sound and no picture. When I send it to external player (VLC, MX..) is all fine. But stremio pulls subtitles automatically and is good app and I wanted to have all in one app and use their interenal player. If someone succeedes please write what is the firmware you are on.
    Thanks to everyone.

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    Hello.
    For those who are interested in the latest update, I would like to share with you:

Update version : V638
    Date of publication / upload: 21/05/2021

CHANGE :
    - Return to the previous menu. Menus that you may have seen in previous versions.
    - It can be seen that there has been a change in the files for the shield/network card. (which can be Wi-fi, LAN or BT)
    - There has also been a change for the GUI environment. Unfortunately, the exact items cannot be displayed.

VV.PNG

If you can't download, try again, because an EU server error will occur.

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    Hello.
    For those interested in the latest update, I would like to share with you:

UPDATE VERSION: V638
    Date of publication/uploaded : 21/05/2021

If you can't download, try again as the EU server crashes.
    WTF...?
    Changing build number every 10 minutes....please ...!
    :rolleyes:

V638

build date= May 20 2021
    build= 1621504069
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.40GB
    Updated MagiConnect to 4.2.737

S-KERNEL...and change link in your messy cod box......:D

Last edited:
    Reactions: cbm80

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
    STAISOF

You will stop acting like a moron, please, you are annoying.
    Some changes were made to the EU server and the server was down.
    Please stop looking for nonsense in everything, because you are not the only one who shared links here

The link was fixed in a moment, the only one who has a problem with it is again only you.

Last edited:

stasiof

• Oct 9, 2013
    STAISOF

You will stop acting like a moron, please, you are annoying.
    Some changes were made to the EU server and the server was down.
    Please stop looking for nonsense in everything, because you are not the only one who shared links here

The link was fixed in a moment, the only one who has a problem with it is again you.
    DO NOT posting wrong links here.....stay with your country..
    MORON>>>>>>>>

I should quote you with build number.....018635 !

Reactions: cbm80

Top Liked Posts

nice... otw download :D
      I was running 643 version for a week and now switched to 644. The immediate changes I could see, DV logo back to old format, Some of the HDR videos on YouTube is not switching to HDR especially the many videos from Seoul Walker. Apple TV app is not working properly. Some of my purchased videos stutter and freeze. Not tested Netflix and Prime. But so far not good with V644. I'll downgrade to 643 or 636 after few days if the update is not getting optimized.
      Hi !

You need to set it again in the development menu, or restore it from the database :
      factory → USB clone → USB to TV
      Anybody reported or complain to TCL about HLG artifact?
      Euro 2020...in HLG>>>

205535286-330645495368959-5888355641999207942-n.jpg

Btw,
      users noticed that no problem in V395.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
      Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
      Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
      :

[Change log] :
      1. enhance stability
      2. optimised experience
      3. fixed some audio formats crash
      4. security package update (gDLL)
      5. optimisation
      DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
      V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
      build= 1622639309
      file size= 1.40GB
      V640 Changelog:
      Code:
      - TV channels optimization
      - GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
      - SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
      - Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
      - Some applications have been updated.
      Hi guys. I would like to share with you the newly released update.

UPDATE VERSION: V644​

Date of publication/uploaded : 22/06/2021
      Build date : Fri Jun 18 19:08:19
      URL file size : 1.384Gb
      Download link:

The update is only a number higher than the previous one, it usually brings only minor adjustments / adjustments and optimizations.
      But you can see the change in Bluetooth Audio. (BTAES) & Old DV logo.

Warning: TCL servers are undergoing changes, so it is possible that the download may not work. If the link does not work, try downloading it later. Thank you for understanding.

AVPhilic

Greetings! I also suffer from ghosting on my c717. Also noticed that R508 almost got away from this problem. Now I installed V638. Cjukfiecm xnj yf ytq yt nfr rfr yf K508, but tolerable. I wanted to ask what settings do you make for calibration? I use my TV as a monitor. I am writing through a translator, I am from Russia.
      The picture settings I use for C715 post calibration with patterns

Picture Mode Movie

Backlight or Brightness : 50 (The more you increase this it washes out true colors, In brighter rooms you may increase upto 67)

Black Level : 56 ( I was not able to achieve reference black at 50, so using the pattern the best lowest black level without crushing the details was 54)

Contrast : 89, this is best to get maximum contrast set. An higher contrast produced more washed out images and at 89 I was able to get the whites blend closely with other colors.

Color: 54, this was the best I could configure using the RGB blue mode. At default 50, the uniformity of the color was not good. So setting to 54 produces natural colors.

Sharpness 0

Dynamic Color off., Dynamic Contrast Off, Dynamic Brightness + off, Local Contrast Low

Auto format On, Overscan off.

Tint : 50, at color set to 54, the tint was accurate at 50 using the flashing color bars pattern in the blue mode.

White balance 2 point: Gain Red -1, Green -2, Blue 0 Offset Red 0, Green 0, Blue 2. I adjusted white balance with 80% gray for gain and 30% gray for offset. The RGB values at 80% gray was nearly equal R 204 G 204 B 202 and at 30% gray it was R 76, G 76 B 75

20 Point white balance : Off

Try these settings and see if it works for your C715.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
      Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
      Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
      :

[Change log] :
      1. enhance stability
      2. optimised experience
      3. fixed some audio formats crash
      4. security package update (gDLL)
      5. optimisation
      DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
      Another Argentinian here.
      As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
      I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip
      V640

build date= Jun 02 2021
      build= 1622639309
      file size= 1.40GB
      V640 Changelog:
      Code:
      - TV channels optimization
      - GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
      - SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
      - Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
      - Some applications have been updated.
      New firmware...V635

build date= Apr 26 2021
      build= 1619413912
      size = 1.39GB