• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Arcide

Nov 20, 2011
Sarajevo
Realme X2 Pro
Yea, is better to know.
Did you reset (all+ shop) after update?
No I didn't reset, you think it should help? Nobody was complaining so I guess it might just be me with this. Anyway, is there a way to back up apps and their settings, specifically Kodi, so I don't have to set everything up again?

Just to clarify, what do you mean all+ shop reset, is that a regular factory reset? I've never done it before on this tv so just want to make sure I do everything right.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
No I didn't reset, you think it should help? Nobody was complaining so I guess it might just be me with this. Anyway, is there a way to back up apps and their settings, specifically Kodi, so I don't have to set everything up again?

Just to clarify, what do you mean all+ shop reset, is that a regular factory reset? I've never done it before on this tv so just want to make sure I do everything right.
No, is not factory reset.
Is reset in Service menu, so all apps remain.
Search this thread for "Service menu".....many posts.....

Ksawery

Feb 17, 2014
V640 Changelog:
Code:
- TV channels optimization
- GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
- SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
- Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
- Some applications have been updated.

krl69

Jul 14, 2010
Downloaded and installed V8-R51MT02-LF1V238.019519 (Android 11) for my TCL 50P815X1 / TCL-EU-RTD51M-S1, but I want to go back/downgrade to Android 9. Have tried several image with the solution to flash the firmware before boot ( power button 10s etc) but cannot find the correct image. It is also not possible to downgrade via Android 11 OS (settings, info, system upgrade). Suggestion? Newer android 11 firmware?

IMG_20210611_151214.jpg
IMG_20210611_091946.jpg

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Downloaded and installed V8-R51MT02-LF1V238.019519 (Android 11) for my TCL 50P815X1 / TCL-EU-RTD51M-S1, but I want to go back/downgrade to Android 9. Have tried several image with the solution to flash the firmware before boot ( power button 10s etc) but cannot find the correct image. It is also not possible to downgrade via Android 11 OS (settings, info, system upgrade). Suggestion? Newer android 11 firmware?

Here is 2021 TCL Android 11.....V256 is latest...if you want to update.

To downgrade use V112 IMG file.....

Last edited:
Reactions: AVPhilic

andrew_yousry

Jan 31, 2012
As per you info..bought in ME ( Middle East ):
TCL Project ID sheet....

65C715....Project ID is 373, with "Client Type" TCL-ME-RT2851-S1.

To change Project ID...you prefer GBR.....your new ID should be.....276,
with "Client Type" TCL-EU-RT2851-S1.

To do this please read some post in 4pda forum (use translator)..
https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=973246&view=findpost&p=104518008
and

I have no expiriance with this,attached is TCLProject_ID_Modification_Procedure....
I can't change the product ID with these steps
I don't have physical number button in the remote, I have to choose TV from sources to be able to select onscreen numbers.
my tv is TCL-ME-RT2851-S1

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Yes, I have the same problem too. But it was always like that.
Hi guys,
Im in Indonesia, I have TCL A8 series which runs on this firmware too.
After updating, the audio passthrough if the source is PCM, I'm getting very low volume on my amp. Do you guys have the same problem?
and btw after Disney+ also updated their app about a month ago, I'm only getting PCM if playing 5.1 audio. Only Netflix, air TV and default player can passthrough the 5.1 audio. Is there any workaround to get Disney+, Amazon Prime to have 5.1 again?
My problem is similar, I'm running v638 on my 50C715:
  • before solving my HDMI ARC problem (replacing the HDMI cable) I was using TOSLINK with audio set passthrough and everything was fine
  • now I have removed the optical cable, audio is still in passthrough and TV, YouTube, Kodi (the main apps we use) are fine
  • two days ago I started Prime and it was mute!
Changing the output settings to PCM was the only way to have audio on Prime, but then the sound bar display just PCM as input and the sound is typically a stereo one...
I didn't reset the unit after the OTA upgrade to v638 (done via local file because here in Italy the real OTA wasn't available and is not available the latest v640 too!)
Should I upgrade to v640 asap?

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
Switched to V640 on my C715, yes menus are smooth, Dolby Vision icon has changed and looks more compact. Dolby Atmos icon is showing up on Apple TV official Android app.

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
Hi all, sometime back when I posted the Calibration settings for SDR on C715, someone asked for the HDR settings on C715. Well I did some work on this and calibrated to HDR settings using the UHD HDR10 Test patterns purchased from DVS.

Tcl C715 is a back-lit QLED and we all know the black levels are under average on this TV on HDR10 mode. Keeping this on mind I spent around 5 hours in calibrating the HDR10 mode. These settings are only guidelines and of personal choice for those who like deep rich blacks on C715 when on HDR10.

Settings
Brightness ( backlight) 80
Black level 51
Contrast 98
Gama -3
Dynamic Color off
Color 50
Tint 50
Sharpness 0
MPEG & Digital Noise off
Motion clear off
Dynamic Color off
Dynamic Black off
Local Contrast off
Color space Auto

White Balance 2 points
Red, Green, Blue Gain all set to 0
Red offset -15
Green offset -12
Blue offset -11

White Balance 20 points
Red 0
Green 1
Blue 0

There will be no Color clipping on LOW HDR mode where the blacks are between-5.5 to 5.5 %. You are sure to get deeper blacks on this setting

This calibration was done in dark environment and only applicable for HDR10 and HDR10+. I dint mess with Dolby Vision as it is best to leave this mode to Dark DV for best results on TCL C715.

Reactions: GCalzo and jmme1981

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
Hi all, sometime back when I posted the Calibration settings for SDR on C715, someone asked for the HDR settings on C715. Well I did some work on this and calibrated to HDR settings using the UHD HDR10 Test patterns purchased from DVS.

Tcl C715 is a back-lit QLED and we all know the black levels are under average on this TV on HDR10 mode. Keeping this on mind I spent around 5 hours in calibrating the HDR10 mode. These settings are only guidelines and of personal choice for those who like deep rich blacks on C715 when on HDR10.

Settings
Brightness ( backlight) 80
Black level 51
Contrast 98
Gama -3
Dynamic Color off
Color 50
Tint 50
Sharpness 0
MPEG & Digital Noise off
Motion clear off
Dynamic Color off
Dynamic Black off
Local Contrast off
Color space Auto

White Balance 2 points
Red, Green, Blue Gain all set to 0
Red offset -15
Green offset -12
Blue offset -11

White Balance 20 points
Red 0
Green 1
Blue 0

There will be no Color clipping on LOW HDR mode where the blacks are between-5.5 to 5.5 %. You are sure to get deeper blacks on this setting

This calibration was done in dark environment and only applicable for HDR10 and HDR10+. I dint mess with Dolby Vision as it is best to leave this mode to Dark DV for best results on TCL C715.
Sorry forgot to mention the Color Temperature, which should be set to -5 on the slider

guzeven

Sep 29, 2011
V640 Changelog:
Code:
- TV channels optimization
- GUI system optimization + New TV icon Dolby Vison
- SDK code update (It is not possible to know more precise details due to Realtek's 'confidential' information on SDKs)
- Network playback optimization (only concerns the local player)
- Some applications have been updated.

I checked some HLG videos and Whites are kinda burned, someone could check it out? I used some youtube videos from Seoul Walker where street lights are pure white looks like a gray mask. Already triend reset all + shop and android reset.

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
I checked some HLG videos and Whites are kinda burned, someone could check it out? I used some youtube videos from Seoul Walker where street lights are pure white looks like a gray mask. Already triend reset all + shop and android reset.
Hi, HLG format is mainly applicable to the broadcasting industry. HDR is more suitable for streaming & playback using UHD discs. If you can post a specific screenshot of the washed out lights from Seoul Walker, I'll check on my C715 ( running V640) and post my comments.

Top Liked Posts