• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

elison_nc

Jun 20, 2021
Can someone with a 55" C715 measure the height available below the TV?

I want to know If I can fit my soundbar below the TV.

Another question, can the C715 remove Judder?

Last edited:

kakirman

Jul 13, 2010

Attachments

• 20210622_085610.jpg
    20210622_085610.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210622_085619.jpg
    20210622_085619.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 32

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
Hi guys. I would like to share with you the newly released update.

UPDATE VERSION: V644​

Date of publication/uploaded : 22/06/2021
Build date : Fri Jun 18 19:08:19
URL file size : 1.384Gb
Download link:

The update is only a number higher than the previous one, it usually brings only minor adjustments / adjustments and optimizations.
But you can see the change in Bluetooth Audio. (BTAES) & Old DV logo.

Warning: TCL servers are undergoing changes, so it is possible that the download may not work. If the link does not work, try downloading it later. Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

VonnHansenn

Dec 13, 2020
Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Last edited:

Adi_doank

Sep 6, 2016
jogjakarta
Hi guys. I would like to share with you the newly released update.

UPDATE VERSION: V644​

Date of publication/uploaded : 22/06/2021
Build date : Fri Jun 18 19:08:19
URL file size : 1.384Gb
Download link:

The update is only a number higher than the previous one, it usually brings only minor adjustments / adjustments and optimizations.
But you can see the change in Bluetooth Audio. (BTAES) & Old DV logo.

Warning: TCL servers are undergoing changes, so it is possible that the download may not work. If the link does not work, try downloading it later. Thank you for understanding.
nice... otw download :D

Reactions: VonnHansenn

DxrEd

Mar 15, 2020
Italy
Huawei P9 Lite
OnePlus 5T
Guys.. I've seen something really strange.

So, I'm using Plex and I wait to get working 5.1 with AC3 (and E-AC3) and DTS (and DTS-HD) via ARC using Denon amplifier on a TCL C715.

So, using HDMI passthrough on Plex for Android TV seems not working at all. (Server reporting that the TV hasn't sent something for a while and trying again seems to not play the video but the audio plays in AAC 2.0 so.. meh)

I've tried setting optical passthrough on Plex for Android but AC3 and E-AC3 movies works fine, but DTS no. So here I tried enabling network logging on Plex on the TCL and logs said that this TV doesn't support DTS.

Am I missing something and this TV has no DTS and DTS-HD support? (quite strange since using an HDD and playing a movie in DTS on the integrated media server app passes the audio though ARC fine, getting a direct DTS 5.1)

elison_nc

Jun 20, 2021
Guys.. I've seen something really strange.

So, I'm using Plex and I wait to get working 5.1 with AC3 (and E-AC3) and DTS (and DTS-HD) via ARC using Denon amplifier on a TCL C715.

So, using HDMI passthrough on Plex for Android TV seems not working at all. (Server reporting that the TV hasn't sent something for a while and trying again seems to not play the video but the audio plays in AAC 2.0 so.. meh)

I've tried setting optical passthrough on Plex for Android but AC3 and E-AC3 movies works fine, but DTS no. So here I tried enabling network logging on Plex on the TCL and logs said that this TV doesn't support DTS.

Am I missing something and this TV has no DTS and DTS-HD support? (quite strange since using an HDD and playing a movie in DTS on the integrated media server app passes the audio though ARC fine, getting a direct DTS 5.1)

Watching some videos on youtube about people scrolling through the settings I think I saw a setting to enable DTS, check if you have a setting like that on your sound menu.

DxrEd

Mar 15, 2020
Italy
Huawei P9 Lite
OnePlus 5T
Watching some videos on youtube about people scrolling through the settings I think I saw a setting to enable DTS, check if you have a setting like that on your sound menu.
That check is already on and it's only available when optical passthrough is selected. If checked, DTS movies don't play at all, saying that there was a problem with the connection (that's really not the case since it uses 5ghz wifi at 3 meters from the access point with a gigabit cable connected to my Plex server hosted locally on windows).

Since I'm not using an optical cable (which i tested alone to check if something is wrong with my 2.0 HDMI cable) i have to use HDMI passthrough on Plex, which it doesn't work at all.

AVPhilic

Jan 28, 2021
nice... otw download :D
I was running 643 version for a week and now switched to 644. The immediate changes I could see, DV logo back to old format, Some of the HDR videos on YouTube is not switching to HDR especially the many videos from Seoul Walker. Apple TV app is not working properly. Some of my purchased videos stutter and freeze. Not tested Netflix and Prime. But so far not good with V644. I'll downgrade to 643 or 636 after few days if the update is not getting optimized.

umohsin801

Jun 24, 2021
I think i messed something up in the service menu. I pressed 'Reset All' but turned my c716 off before 'Reset Shop'. After turning it back on, the firmware info kept flashing on boot screen. I flashed v606 IMG and did Reset All+ Shop. Now my Color Temp slider doesn't work on any firmware version. Can anybody help plz?

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia

I do have a similar problem, but with Prime and I still didn't found out which coding was used; using optical cable instead of HDMI ARC solved the problem.

On this old topic I've read that the TV seems to have problems with some audio format... :(

BTW, I'm still on v638 and should be able to upgrade on weekend...

Top Liked Posts