TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

jerico9

Jul 1, 2012
I will just paste the answer from youtube. Both bugs solved by TCL
--
Nice to know!
Sorry for the late answer, but i got an official update of my case by TCL
They send me a modified firmware (v371, afaik its based on v392) to solve this specific issue - LINK v371
This solved this annoying issue for me, already 4 days without the glitch.
--
Hope it helps more people to get ride of this.

Will this firmware work on the C815K?
I was on v307 but when I went on the official site the update was v363. It never automatically updated so I done it manually, ever since, it's been worse than ever. Most apps buggy freeze and kick me out. I was thinking about doing a full reset and see if it improved anything but I don't wanna spend hours setting it up again to how I like it.
So if you or anyone else give me some advice bthat would be great

nhtmd2

Jul 30, 2012
Will this firmware work on the C815K?
I was on v307 but when I went on the official site the update was v363. It never automatically updated so I done it manually, ever since, it's been worse than ever. Most apps buggy freeze and kick me out. I was thinking about doing a full reset and see if it improved anything but I don't wanna spend hours setting it up again to how I like it.
So if you or anyone else give me some advice bthat would be great
I dont know, see if they are the same tile.
My bug was very specifically, see in the videos if u have the exact same problem.

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
No one said this ui is standart ui for Android TV 11. Android 11 for tv was already released for google developer device, and it has same UI as we do. Stock android. The UI in your link, is called Google TV and most likely its a skin for google device running android tv. Same as pixels have their launcher, wallpapers etc, same here. This wont be coming to other devices

swordfish123

Aug 30, 2008
Bangalore
The HDR oversaturation is really annoying.Especiallyy with many new content on netflix releasing in HDR. Time to downgrade my netflix from ultraHD to HD. I can sacrifice 4k. FULL HD without HDR should work ok.

Plekst

Mar 23, 2019
The HDR oversaturation is really annoying.Especiallyy with many new content on netflix releasing in HDR. Time to downgrade my netflix from ultraHD to HD. I can sacrifice 4k. FULL HD without HDR should work ok.
For me there is no oversaturation in v379. Also, if you select picture preset "PC", it disables all image processing, so HDR should also be alright.

IoniqDragon

Feb 13, 2020

Please, take a look at spec of AD3T. So, just forgot about UI respose time on our hardware.
Our old Mali-470 not supports OpenCL and support old version of OpenGL (2.0 if I remember right). Modern Android supports version OpenGL 3.0 and higher. It means - most of calls used by UI are software-emulated. It explains unavoidable lags in UI.

Last edited:

NTurky

Nov 7, 2014

I was on v411 before, I use Netflix every day and had to switch to sports mode several times during one series chapter because of it. Since I'm on v379 never happened again. It's picture quality is not as perfect as really old versions (v188), but it improved A LOT.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
Can anyone help me? I'm from italy, i have a 55" c715, i do update from v317 to v363 (the last one from european server) and i didn't resolve the stuttering with app like netflix, youtube, prime video or NowTV (italian pay tv application). There is a firmware that resolve this issues? I see the v379, it is okay or have the same problem? Please, i need it because i can't enjoy well this television. Thanks a lot to all!

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
Asus Zenfone 9
You can update to V379 maybe it will solve your problems. You can always do all wipes after flash if you still facing issues (reset all and reset shop in service menu). I'm currently on V379 and it's the best from all v3** in my opinion.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
You can update to V379 maybe it will solve your problems. You can always do all wipes after flash if you still facing issues (reset all and reset shop in service menu). I'm currently on V379 and it's the best from all v3** in my opinion.

The 379 resolve the problem indicated by me? Are you tried youtube 4k 60fps video? Stuttering? Amazon prime and netflix? Thanks for reply!

Sorry, how can i do factory reset from service?

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
Asus Zenfone 9
4k 60fps from YouTube works ok on V379. Netflix as well. To do the reset you have go to picture settings, advanced settings and highlight contrast. Do not press it just standing there type 6425 from remote. Service menu should pop up. Choose reset all and reset shop. It will restart and you will have set it from scratch. All of these after updating to V379. You reset it from android settings as well. I don't know if it's a better method but it's easier.

Cromatoix

Sep 27, 2020
4k 60fps from YouTube works ok on V379. Netflix as well. To do the reset you have go to picture settings, advanced settings and highlight contrast. Do not press it just standing there type 6425 from remote. Service menu should pop up. Choose reset all and reset shop. It will restart and you will have set it from scratch. All of these after updating to V379. You reset it from android settings as well. I don't know if it's a better method but it's easier.

On 4PDA says that the bugs of stuttering reamins on 376, 378, 379 but are the most stable for 3x version. But with you seems to be all okay, right? So i have to install v379 and then do a factory reset, right??

Other question, if my tv is european, can i try the v379? The channel are okay? Thanks for the help!

coolek33

Jul 15, 2012
Zadupie
Huawei P30
Asus Zenfone 9
Do the reset if you're facing problems. Maybe it will resolve your issues. In my case I've uninstalled youtube update for better 4k 60fps. There's a V379 from eu servers on 4pda. And I'm from Europe too and it's working ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every time newer is better. I managed to update V722 to V727 and didn't liked it. Same with V728. Both of them are full with bloatware, much more than V722, and the 2 GB Ram is not enough for them, the TV is too slow. So, I returned to V722 what is better for me.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.