TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread
Hey, i just did this. Everything was oke. After the numbers the screen was black and it stays.. only the white light on the bottom is on every 6 seconds.. what must i do? Please help me the tv does nothing.. it wil not turn on..

Turn on the TV (like you normally would), let it sit for a minute and do the procedure of changing the project ID using the remote combination, but use the ORIGINAL code of your model. It should work.

Even if the TV is on a black screen, it boots and let you do the procedure. It happened to my P8M too.

EDIT:

I just noticed that your TV is blinking the LED, it's a different symptom than mine. In my case, the TV would boot up normally, I could hear sound, but the screen was totally black, with zero blacklight activity.

Last edited:

Piper2603

Feb 10, 2021
Hi, I have the following problem, blue edges, with the UHD from Bad Boys for example, I often have blue rims, it is best seen in the opening scene when Marcus tips over the fries and Mike brakes because of it, Mike's glasses have blue rims. Does anyone know this phenomenon and is there a remedy? Playback via HDMI 2.0 cable and is a TCL 50C715
Greetings Piper2603

Ufukozen

Feb 25, 2021
Turn on the TV (like you normally would), let it sit for a minute and do the procedure of changing the project ID using the remote combination, but use the ORIGINAL code of your model. It should work.

Even if the TV is on a black screen, it boots and let you do the procedure. It happened to my P8M too.

EDIT:

I just noticed that your TV is blinking the LED, it's a different symptom than mine. In my case, the TV would boot up normally, I could hear sound, but the screen was totally black, with zero blacklight activity.

Last edited:

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
Hey everyone, Hi!

I bought a 55P8M recently, and I'm from Iran, there's this company kinda I think rebranding the TCL here in Iran, Maadiran, its TCL, but I think they've played around with its a bit, mostly the OS, it has no Google Play Store, Google Play Service, No YouTube (ofc its filtered here in Iran), nothing at all, and even the home page is different to google tv I see even in the ads for this tv.

1.Can I flash/install/upgrade to normal (by normalI mean what is available to other countries) ROMS around? How? Tried putting Update.IMG from the very first posts here and didnt work, tried to put the full zip firmware didnt work (V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680.zip and V8-R851T02-LF1V252.011680_PKG_USB_GMC.zip)

2.Do you suggest me not tampering with the OS and stick to what it is? I've managed to Install Stremio for my self so it can mostly do what I like it to do but honestly I expected much more than this of the TV but it seems so limited. I mean Do you suggest me not to tamper with it so I wont void the gaurantee on this cheap tv (which is expensive still due to bad economic situation here in Iran)?

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
^
Can you post pic of Product Information?
Need to go in Setting>Device preference>About>Product information ....
as in post #1182.

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
^
Can you post pic of Product Information?
Need to go in Setting>Device preference>About>Product information ....
as in post #1182.

I think this is all the critical images you might want to take a look at, btw, couldnt find the post 1182 you mentioned, can you please reshare the image so I can see what its supposed to look like that mine is not:))

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    401.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 86

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
here is another image i managed to access the hidden menu (tv-> picture settings -> contrast -> 1950 (keypad))

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0016_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0016_LI.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 184

mhshakouri

Nov 4, 2020
I dont have any problem with the firmware it self, my problem is the fact that this has no play store or play services
LOL, but ur right somehow :))) I hate it :))

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Anyone has issue playing HLG video in YouTube (or SmartTube Next) in V623?
Can see the sky bright clouds was not displayed properly with weird artifacts...
Also happen with very bright light, but only for HLG....HDR10 is OK.

2021-02-27_153257.png
TCast1614411373309.png

Last edited:
Anyone has issue playing HLG video in YouTube (or SmartTube Next) in V623?
Can see the sky bright clouds was not displayed properly with weird artifacts...
Also happen with very bright light, but only for HLG....HDR10 is OK.

View attachment 5234421View attachment 5234425

Yes, I noticed this too. Here, it happens only on the first playback. If I stop and play the same video again, it works normally until I reboot the TV. I'm on 620, but noticed this since 609. Luckily HLG is not that common.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Yes, I noticed this too. Here, it happens only on the first playback. If I stop and play the same video again, it works normally until I reboot the TV. I'm on 620, but noticed this since 609. Luckily HLG is not that common.
Yup, excatly how you explain, for me too apear on first play, after is off and on.....paused ,changed resolution and somehow is gone, but later apear again.

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
Yup, excatly how you explain, for me too apear on first play, after is off and on.....paused ,changed resolution and somehow is gone, but later apear again.
also i noticed same, so we can say or tcl is weak brand or TCL developers are lazy people, how many months after release this models C715 , P8M and more still not good software, some version hdr is not working , some versions has 60 hz problem , some hlg not working, day by day i think about worth to buy this tvs? also vertical banding issue is noticed on C715 many reasons to not buy this tv and this brand , i think only roku models still worth to buy, i recomend collect money and try another brand samsung or sony, i am personally really disappointed with tcl

Reactions: VonnHansenn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465
    Hello. What's the difference between IMG and OTA? I need to upgrade my TV, shall I install IMG or OTA file? Please advise.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.