TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

doganmanis

Sep 20, 2013
Some calibrated setting can be found bellow:

Edit:
Guys,
do you have audio icon (upper left corner) when watching TV digital/ Cable or Satellite channels ?
My is gone since V631...btw,video/audio saved clips or movies ,all OK.

Before V631...
1.png

After V631...
2.png
Mine is gone too
hdr and dolby audio icon when i play ps4

vayavalla

Jan 24, 2012
Does Chromecast work for you way better than in previous releases?
In my case, i see a great difference between my google Chromecast und the built-in Chromecast in this TV.
When I send videos from my computer to my TV, they're usually played without problem in my google Chromecast, but with way worse quality on my built-in Chromecast in this TV.
Yesterday I tried again with latest version, and it seems way better than before.

bobybc

Aug 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 / S7 Plus
My sudenly recover, after forcing first by button on remote.
After that just start initiate by words.
Which button do you mean?
I'm talking about "OK Google" detection while the TV is sleeping
It was very convenient to just say "Turn TV on" , coming to room..but unfortunately after i updated from v387 to v609 - it stopped . I'm talkinga about 50C715 model. Goggle voice should work without remote control

Fallenwitch3r

Apr 15, 2021
Which button do you mean?
I'm talking about "OK Google" detection while the TV is sleeping
It was very convenient to just say "Turn TV on" , coming to room..but unfortunately after i updated from v387 to v609 - it stopped . I'm talkinga about 50C715 model. Goggle voice should work without remote control
Okay Google to turn on TV with voice control is broken since many many versions.

hmartinus77

Jul 16, 2017
Hi guys,
Im in Indonesia, I have TCL A8 series which runs on this firmware too.
After updating, the audio passthrough if the source is PCM, I'm getting very low volume on my amp. Do you guys have the same problem?
and btw after Disney+ also updated their app about a month ago, I'm only getting PCM if playing 5.1 audio. Only Netflix, air TV and default player can passthrough the 5.1 audio. Is there any workaround to get Disney+, Amazon Prime to have 5.1 again?

vayavalla

Jan 24, 2012
Hi guys,
Im in Indonesia, I have TCL A8 series which runs on this firmware too.
After updating, the audio passthrough if the source is PCM, I'm getting very low volume on my amp. Do you guys have the same problem?
and btw after Disney+ also updated their app about a month ago, I'm only getting PCM if playing 5.1 audio. Only Netflix, air TV and default player can passthrough the 5.1 audio. Is there any workaround to get Disney+, Amazon Prime to have 5.1 again?
Yes, I have the same problem too. But it was always like that.

Last edited:

OleHB

Mar 5, 2018
Bremen
I hope, someone can help me.

As you can see at the attached pictures, my TCL C715 shows in the lower left corner hardware/software informations. They are flashing and are always there, even when i want watch TV, films etc.
What can i do here, that this disappear?

It came up after i am at the Service Menu and hit the wrong button.

Attachments

• TCLC715.2.jpg
    TCLC715.2.jpg
    904.6 KB · Views: 157
  • TCLC715.1.jpg
    TCLC715.1.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 157

spky.luis

Mar 21, 2021
I hope, someone can help me.

As you can see at the attached pictures, my TCL C715 shows in the lower left corner hardware/software informations. They are flashing and are always there, even when i want watch TV, films etc.
What can i do here, that this disappear?

It came up after i am at the Service Menu and hit the wrong button.

Maybe this could help you:

Does not appear and disappear some text at the bottom left for a few seconds? If that's so... it's a setting (Sita P mode) that sometimes enables itself (once happened to me when the TV was suspended and I unplugged it without powering it off first). If that's so, you need to enter the hidden factory menu (Options > Image > Brightness > Contrast and type 9735), go to the option "9-Sita P mode" and turn it OFF.

Reactions: stasiof

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465
    Hello. What's the difference between IMG and OTA? I need to upgrade my TV, shall I install IMG or OTA file? Please advise.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.