Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
adb connect "tv ip"
adb shell
pm list
pm disable-user --user 0 "package"

if disable-user don't work, just use "pm disable 'package'"
Hi all!

so far on my not rooted devices I always used the "adb shell pm disable-user" without problems.

A few days ago my TCL 50C715 got updated to v625 and now I cannot disable Rakuten TV, it just get enabled by itself the next time I awake the TV!!! :(

adb shell pm disable-user tv.wuaki.apptv

Anyone has a suggestion? Maybe there is something more I should disable?
FYI this is my current disabled list (most of them auto-disabled because not available for Italy)

adb shell cmd package list packages -d
package:au.com.stan.and
package:com.eros.now
package:com.graymatrix.did
package:com.linecorp.linetv
package:com.netflix.ninja
package:com.tcl.bootadservice
package:com.tcl.common.terminalmanagerplus
package:com.tcl.gallery
package:com.tcl.notereminder
package:com.tcl.partnercustomizer
package:com.tcl.partnercustomizer.resource
package:com.tcl.pvr.pvrplayer
package:com.tcl.tv.tclhome_master
package:com.tcl.ui_mediaCenter
package:com.tcl.waterfall.overseas
package:tv.wuaki.apptv
package:uk.co.freeview.amc_catchup
package:uk.co.freeview.amc_horror
package:uk.co.freeview.bbc
package:uk.co.freeview.ch4_vod
package:uk.co.freeview.ch5
package:uk.co.freeview.explore
package:uk.co.freeview.fvpconfigauth
package:uk.co.freeview.itv
package:uk.co.freeview.mdsclient
package:uk.co.freeview.onnow
package:uk.co.freeview.stv
package:uk.co.freeview.systemdistributor
package:uk.co.freeview.tifbridge
package:uk.co.freeview.uktv

BTW: just found "ADB AppControl" and it shows the app as already disabled...

Last edited:

almog250

Mar 5, 2018
problem with tcl p8 the cec not turn off the box just turn on when I trun off this is said no signal try everything i donwgrade from 634 to 252 I thought this is work there and not. what the solution for cec for android tv boxes

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Muting will keep the mute icon on screen: when using an external home theater is annoying! There is something that I wasn't able to find to power of only audio?
So far I select "1" as volume level.
I found the option to power off display...

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Setting Up Live TV Pause
Both the US faq and the European one have info that I simply miss on my 50C715
https://support.tcl.com/us-androidt...tting-up-live-tv-pause-on-your-tcl-android-tv
  1. While you are on the Antenna TV input, press the Options button on your TCLAndroid TV remote control
  2. Scroll down and select Live TV Pause
I have even changed the display language but I do not have any "PVR" or "TV pause"

Am I missing something or the option is simply not available (even if advertised) on my TV?

Last edited:

spky.luis

Mar 21, 2021
Setting Up Live TV Pause
https://support.tcl.com/us-androidt...tting-up-live-tv-pause-on-your-tcl-android-tv
  1. While you are on the Antenna TV input, press the Options button on your TCLAndroid TV remote control
  2. Scroll down and select Live TV Pause
I have even changed the display language but I do not have any "PVR" or "TV pause"

Ma I missing something or the option is simply not available (even if advertised) on my TV?
I assume you connect a USB flash drive to the tv, right?

jmme1981

Mar 9, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hello Good afternoon, I am a new user of a tcl c715 europe and the network update tells me that it was in the latest software but on the official page of tcl was the RT51 Android P V625 with which I update via usb inside this folder was the file V8-R851T02-LF1V625.018435 and reading the forum and updated to the latest 635 V8-R851T02-LF1V635.018655 had many changes but my decoder for hdmi the audio was not synchronized and later 636 V8-R851T02-LF1V636.018672 with its Data reset to speed up the system in clean and at the moment the 636 was corrected the desynchronization very well although it has fewer options than if it had in the 635 in terms of image adjustment also install google tv but it still has some bug although passable now and back to android tv then I see that there are two that I can't find the eu v999 and the R508 I don't know if they are better than the 636 if someone explains to me a little which is currently the best while waiting for android 11
And one last question, how is pip activated, I have it activated for the apps but I don't know how to activate the function, I had read that with the home button, but this takes me to android tv

Last edited:

GCalzo

Feb 24, 2015
Reggio Emilia
Setting Up Live TV Pause

Hello. I have a 43P715 model purchased in Poland. This model does not support PVR / Timeshift. However, when looking for the specification of this model on foreign websites, the specification includes PVR support. Probably the lack of service in Europe is caused by some regulation of the European Union. Is there any way to unlock PVR functionality? For example, changing Project ID?

Edit: I changed my Project ID number from EU to ME/RUS. PVR has appeared on the menu.

Found this guide.
062598 + MENU + ID

Myy current ID is 218 (55C715 in Germany). Does this have to be changed to 317 or 326, for example?
The IDs are specific to each model !!!!

Yea, but the things is when you will update firmware,you will get all apps for this region
and PVR is available only for digital non encrypted channels.

It's already mention a few times here.
Use search in this thread.

Great, that will answer my question too!! Sorry, me too I didn't try a search with "PVR" (because on 99% of platform it's a "too short string")

BTW: this thread is now really huge and looking for specific solutions isn't handy... ;) I think that another, SMALLER, with just some sort of FAQ (and closed to users's replies!) will be easier to use!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every time newer is better. I managed to update V722 to V727 and didn't liked it. Same with V728. Both of them are full with bloatware, much more than V722, and the 2 GB Ram is not enough for them, the TV is too slow. So, I returned to V722 what is better for me.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.