TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
Hello today i want Suggest & share TCL C715 settings for Xbox series x, at first never enable HDR for this tv disable HDR on xbox .

also you need to enable in Xbox settings -- > ALLOW YCC 4.2.2 and use 10 BIT color depth this settings did not exceed hdmi 2.0 bandwidth also has less banding .

tv setting must be

SDR
Game mode : ON for lowest input lag
brightness: 100
Contrast : 100
Dynamic Contrast : Low or Hight ( I prefer High )
local contrast : low
Black stretch : 0
Dynamic Backlight : off
color : 45
black level : 48
Sharpness : 0
color space : auto
color temperature : -1
Gamma : 0

HDR : X not good for this tv

with this settings tv gets darkest blacks as possible and brightest whites , picture are fantastic clear and 3 dimensional, fantastic result on forza horizon 4 and more

I 100% recommend to try this settings on this tv and xbox if you want bright and Crystal clear image

Last edited:
Reactions: elison_nc and AOWS

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
Hello today i want Suggest & share TCL C715 settings for Xbox series x, at first never enable HDR for this tv disable HDR on xbox .

also you need to enable in Xbox settings -- > ALLOW YCC 4.2.2 and use 10 BIT color depth this settings did not exceed hdmi 2.0 bandwidth also has less banding .

tv setting must be

SDR

with this settings tv gets darkest blacks as possible and brightest whites , picture are fantastic clear and 3 dimensional, fantastic result on forza horizon 4 and more

I 100% recommend to try this settings on this tv and xbox if you want bright and Crystal clear image

Last edited:

ofkings

May 29, 2017
There is some R version that fix passthrough?
Coz my tv audio 5.1 only works in Netflix and Plex, the rest of streaming is only stereo

i have a TCL P8M

squinzia

Jul 8, 2016
Hello guys I've got a 55p616 (thoug from the android info it seems it's a p615, maybe an italian model only)

was wondering what's the latest compatible firmware since I've issues watchin HLG contents

The current one on the tv is v625 and I can't find any new one from the tv menu

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello guys I've got a 55p616 (thoug from the android info it seems it's a p615, maybe an italian model only)

was wondering what's the latest compatible firmware since I've issues watchin HLG contents

The current one on the tv is v625 and I can't find any new one from the tv menu
Latest is V653 and all links are posted here.

Reactions: squinzia

Xyronith

Mar 16, 2016
I tried these settings on PS5 and it looks great. Thanks for sharing.

tv setting must be

SDR

Konepul

Sep 25, 2021
hi there!
I'm not sure is right place for my question.
I have TV TCL 43P615 and I tried install some apps with able to load on boot. E.g. SSH-server or torrent-client or HTTP server or something else. But I cant do that. On power cycle or just sleep and resume my apps doesnt start.

As result of all my actions I want plug SSD with my TV and use TV as torrent client and same time is use it for KODI.

So is this will work on my tv? Because my tv display turn black and sound continue when i set picture to HDR SMART. And other problem is like youtube is freezing crashing and restarting tv like a lot. I really need some update and hope this will fix it. Its like only 1 month since i bought it and i think i already reget it..

Attachments

• 1633160379720.jpg
    1633160379720.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 134

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
So is this will work on my tv? Because my tv display turn black and sound continue when i set picture to HDR SMART. And other problem is like youtube is freezing crashing and restarting tv like a lot. I really need some update and hope this will fix it. Its like only 1 month since i bought it and i think i already reget it..
Yea, flash and also be sure YouTube is updated to latest v.2.14.133.

Reactions: stantr

davidbz

Sep 16, 2020
dolby vision gaming now is live, also tcl C715 owners can play in dolby visions, but i can not understand yet how can possible to play dolby vision without VRR & ALL functionality , i tested it on firmware version V645 it is not very good, did someone know will new updates improve dolby vision for gaming or can we see vrr or ALL functionality in the future on c715

Aug 23, 2021
My tv youtube keep freezing or crashing i even downgrade from 653 to 650 and it is the same problem. Could it be tv problem? or it is software problem? Also does anyone got black screen after a few minutes when is on smart hdr?
Did you also updated the youtube app and all the other apps? it seems you didnt....

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
ANDROID 11.......

New TCL R851T02 Android TV Update available in R007 (V900)

V8-R851T02-LF1R007.019203

http://as-update.cedock.com/apps/resource2...T02-LF1V900.zip

build date= Sep 13 2021
build= 1631490333
security_patch= 2021-09-05
gmsversion= Android_11_R_GTVS
software.version_name= AR02
OTA size= 1.344GB

Not tested yet....
Recommendation:
Wait for more stable version.

NOTE:
Need to flash as IMG file with TV power button.

photo-2021-10-07-16-48-29.jpg

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
How can flash as img with tv power button ?
Instead of "update.img" file copy zip file to USB and proside as flashing IMG file with TV power button...not with "Local update " in setting.

Edit:
How to install:
Installation via „local update“ will not work! To install it shut down the system, plug in the usb drive with the zip, then press & hold the power button on the tv (not remote) for 5 seconds until it is flashing and wait for it to be installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: titovski

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every time newer is better. I managed to update V722 to V727 and didn't liked it. Same with V728. Both of them are full with bloatware, much more than V722, and the 2 GB Ram is not enough for them, the TV is too slow. So, I returned to V722 what is better for me.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.