TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Madhias

Jul 21, 2016
Has anyone tried to connect the DS4 controller to the TV in Software V677? On the Android 9 Version the Controller becomes really laggy after 30 s (Well known problem on older Android versions). Is this fixed with Android 11?

Last edited:

doobieters

Oct 19, 2010
The Android 11 (V677) is still a beta version? What is the better choice.. Android 9, Beta Android 11 or wait for Android 11 -out of beta- release?

I have a 65C715

malimukk

Aug 20, 2012
The tv is generally more laggy on V677 compared to V653 when playing 4k content, e.g in youtube.
in V653 watching streams at 1440p60Hz was without problems. But now on V677 it stutters or crashes after a while.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Guys,
now I need favour from you !

I need adb logcat file from TV ,when you checking for Network Auto update.

Easiest way is who already use ADBAppControl, as logcat function is there.
So, in short...
platform R851T02 (Android 9) and preferred from Europian countries (who ever got Auto update is more welcome).

2022-01-27-031717.png

Of course,adb logcat can be taken and save in text form, without this app, with adb over wifi (or lan).

Any logcat are WELCOME.
You can attach zipped file or PM to me.

Last edited:

guma77

May 5, 2012
What does that even mean “picture is best”? What is your metric?
Everyone has a different view of the image, I had v653 and for me the image was blurred, the colors were overexposed, I uploaded r117 and I could see an improvement in the image on each channel, now I have v677 and it is also very good, and the sound is very good I have connected Genius 2.1+sub speakers to the 3.5" headphone output

guma77

May 5, 2012
Guys,
now I need favour from you !

I need adb logcat file from TV ,when you checking for Network Auto update.

Easiest way is who already use ADBAppControl, as logcat function is there.
So, in short...
platform R851T02 and prefered from Europian countries or who ever got Auto update.

2022-01-27-031717.png

Of course,adb logcat can be taken and save in text form, without this app, with adb over wifi (or lan).

Any logcat are WELCOME.
You can attach zipped file or PM to me.
Unfortunately I didn't get the update through the network, I did all the updates manually xD

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Here is a log file, update to V653 was done manually
Thanks for catlog.
When is running,you try to check Auto update in TV setting ?
I need logcat, when attempt to Network Auto update.
Your is very short.
At least must run 10-15 minutes and in the same time check Network Auto update,
so log can registred attempt.

Last edited:

Madhias

Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for catlog.
When is running,you try to check Auto update in TV setting ?
I need logcat, when attempt to Network Auto update.
Your is very short.
At least must run 10-15 minutes and in the same time check Network Auto update,
so log can registred attempt.
I cleared the logged cache before recording... Thought you just wanted to see the immediate response to clicking on Network Update. To be clear, you just want to enable Auto Update and not proactively search for an Update, right? If so, I will log again, first Auto Update disabled, the enabled, and then wait for 15 minutes

Madhias

Jul 21, 2016
Here is a longer version, it aborted after some time but 8 minutes this time

Attachments

• log.txt
    6.3 MB · Views: 40

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I cleared the logged cache before recording... Thought you just wanted to see the immediate response to clicking on Network Update. To be clear, you just want to enable Auto Update and not proactively search for an Update, right? If so, I will log again, first Auto Update disabled, the enabled, and then wait for 15 minutes
Yea, Auto update enabled all time, logcat running and search for Network Update=> System Update.
You can try click a few times System Update, once you got message..."You have latest update" can close logcat.

So far, I didn't read in your log that you manually searching for new firmware by Auto update .

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465
    Hello. What's the difference between IMG and OTA? I need to upgrade my TV, shall I install IMG or OTA file? Please advise.
    Firmware V728 for R851T02 lists EP640 as compatible but not my model EP644. Will it still work? I like to upgrade from V606 to V728 via img.
    EP644 is same platform.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.