TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Oski146

Oct 14, 2015
After installing the V715 firmware and in Google Play Store settings forcing an upgrade (a new version of Play Store will be installed), shouldn't that be enough rather than sideloading the most recent Play Store for Android TV?

Secondly, is there so much better gain in performance to disable the App throught ADB than just disabled it throught Settings, App in Android?
Android settings disable notbworking it activates again and again

Zidane5929

Jun 19, 2022
V662 is latest for ATV 9.....Apr 20 2022
V715 is latest for ATV 11...May 26 2022

Links are in this thread (need to search) or on telegram....

Thanks alot

Reactions: Oski146
@stasiof Do you happen to have a link for any V3XX firmware I have the V458 img just need a V3XX tried the V715 it worked just some issues with my soundbar it kept turning volume low automatically and when I setup I could not select the correct region. Do you also happen to know if TCL plan on add in A11 support for the USA model 55S434 I read somewhere that they are supposed to add support

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
@stasiof Do you happen to have a link for any V3XX firmware I have the V458 img just need a V3XX tried the V715 it worked just some issues with my soundbar it kept turning volume low automatically and when I setup I could not select the correct region. Do you also happen to know if TCL plan on add in A11 support for the USA model 55S434 I read somewhere that they are supposed to add support

I don't know much about S434, last I saw V459 picture, 2-3 months ago, but no link posted.

asdetail

Jul 7, 2020
5-10% of new users here,always has hard words about firmware, whatever version released.
I following arround 6-7 forums arround the world and no major complain,about latest version.
I running also V715 and after some trimming, I have no major issue about.
It's not 100% perfect, but is also not that bad.
Edit:
I will never buy TV, if I don't know what I buying.
I paid 450 Euro for my C715 and I can't expect to be like LG C2.
agree 100%, v715 not perfect but a little bit of debloating with adb app control and it becomes a lot snappier, also activate developer mode and turn down the animations from 1.0x to.5x and the interface is even better, at least on my 2019 P8S.
TCL are good value at their price point, however, just like you i do not expect the same performance and PQ as my AU$3500 Sony TV at a third of the price, to quote an old saying, "you get what you pay for!"

Reactions: stasiof

xzoranx

Mar 30, 2022
agree 100%, v715 not perfect but a little bit of debloating with adb app control and it becomes a lot snappier, also activate developer mode and turn down the animations from 1.0x to.5x and the interface is even better, at least on my 2019 P8S.
TCL are good value at their price point, however, just like you i do not expect the same performance and PQ as my AU$3500 Sony TV at a third of the price, to quote an old saying, "you get what you pay for!"
Is the picture better compared to Android 9 V662 firmware? If so, where can it be seen that it is better?

asdetail

Jul 7, 2020
no, not really better, however PQ can be materially improved with a few tweaks to the settings, the improvements come with the new android tv interface which, imho, is superior to android 9

Zidane5929

Jun 19, 2022
Can I use V715 on my 55P8 and does the 55P8 support Dolby Audio cuz I've never seen the logo while playing a movie [2019 Model]

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Can I use V715 on my 55P8 and does the 55P8 support Dolby Audio cuz I've never seen the logo while playing a movie [2019 Model]
UPDATE 17/06/2022
• After several days of use, I would say this is the most stable version since the release of Android 11.
• After performing some tests, the image is very good and I noticed a reduction in ghosting. (The .BIN calibration file is updated in the install file, so I assume a recalibration has taken place).
In any case, I can strongly recommend the 715 version and compared to previous versions, it is the most stable and can provide the best picture and sound result so far.

cb2004

Aug 4, 2021
OK, its the OTA we have all been waiting for. Big thumbs up from me so far, I upgraded from 701, did a reset, updated Play Store and then did all the updates. 701 seemed to get sluggish for me after having it installed for a while so I will report back after a week if I can, but its very smooth and fixed a few issues I was having.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465
    Hello. What's the difference between IMG and OTA? I need to upgrade my TV, shall I install IMG or OTA file? Please advise.
    Firmware V728 for R851T02 lists EP640 as compatible but not my model EP644. Will it still work? I like to upgrade from V606 to V728 via img.
    EP644 is same platform.

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.