TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

oshima

Aug 9, 2010
Hello.

My tcl TV suddenly stopped to pass through sound with arc or toslink. If I use the auto setting it passes sound but only DD+ stereo and it doesn't matter what is being played, it's always DD+ stereo.

So I updated the FW to V677, I was using V634( it was ATV 9)

Any one with some insight about this issue?
Hello again!
I've found a solution!
It appears that the pcm output was way too low so I accessed the service menu and changed the audio settings as the pics.

In my TV (55EP640) to access the service menu:
Settings->picture->advanced->color and contrast->put the cursor over contrast->press 1950 and the menu will appear.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20221222_081454.jpg
    IMG_20221222_081454.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 551
  • IMG_20221222_081500.jpg
    IMG_20221222_081500.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20221222_081448.jpg
    IMG_20221222_081448.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 547

Gfr64

Jan 16, 2021
Goodbye, dear forum members,
I finally bought a real TV.
It has become an LG OLED.
Never again TCL !!

@ Stasiof, thanks for your very good explanations.

Best regards, Gerald

akash6969

May 27, 2012
London
Hello after R815 IMG installation I get this..
these three screens. See picture... cant get to home screen?
I am on R851T02 Android TV..

If I choose to pair nothing happens, if I press right then the next screen asks if I want to automatic updates, if I say no it goes to the last screen then back to pair remote...help

Attachments

• 20221224_180927.JPG
    20221224_180927.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • 20221224_180936.JPG
    20221224_180936.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 296
  • 20221224_180947.JPG
    20221224_180947.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 293

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello after R815 IMG installation I get this..
these three screens. See picture... cant get to home screen?
I am on R851T02 Android TV..

If I choose to pair nothing happens, if I press right then the next screen asks if I want to automatic updates, if I say no it goes to the last screen then back to pair remote...help
So, accept auto update.

mbaker33

Oct 4, 2011
Hi Everyone, what is the best firmware for a TCL 75S434 right now? Ideally, I would love Google TV, but I suspect Android TV v9 is the best that can be done right now?

The reason I ask is - I just completed the v650 update on my (originally) OEM TCL s434 and I now have extremely muffled audio. By muffled, it sounds like someone in another room is listening to the TV really loud. So you can sort of hear it, but can't really make out what is being said. Or, like someone is talking through a pillow or something.

I am guessing there was an update that I should have performed prior to this update? None of the settings I have switched has given me clear audio. Sadly, I did not take note of the original firmware version, but I was previously on Android TV 9 and half of my apps were not working so I was trying to get to Google TV 11.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as I use this TV every day.

UPDATE: I got it back to V458 and things are working well again. Any insight on a version that would work with my TV would be greatly appreciated. I do not currently have a soundbar, I use the TV speakers at the moment.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: JawadMarruecos

maxlee158

Nov 23, 2022
File .IMG erase all data? Does the OTA version (718) already exist? Thanks!
You can always check the latest version here

Reactions: bigdiou

mbaker33

Oct 4, 2011
Hi everyone, V458 on my S434 seems to be the only version that gives me audio from the TV speakers. Is anyone else experiencing the audio muffled issue on this TV and is there a fix/work around for it? I would love to get my TV on a later version (preferably A11), but I need audio more than I need a later version.

M_Sanaii

Aug 22, 2008
Tehran
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a TCL C715 which seems to be running on a locked down OS in Iran. What I observe is that I don't have Google Play Store on the device, and if I install it, it won't run and will only crash on startup. Other issues include not being able to install latest version of VLC or being able to sign-in on YouTube app (manually installed).

I would like to know if it is possible to install the latest offered firmware from the TCL website, file name V8-R851T02-LF1V645.018859.zip, and if there would be any consequences if I do that.

Is it probable that the company could have locked the boot-loader? Can I check it?

Also, I would like to know if there is any way to backup the current firmware before attempting to upgrade just in case.

Many thanks,
Maziar

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a TCL C715 which seems to be running on a locked down OS in Iran. What I observe is that I don't have Google Play Store on the device, and if I install it, it won't run and will only crash on startup. Other issues include not being able to install latest version of VLC or being able to sign-in on YouTube app (manually installed).

I would like to know if it is possible to install the latest offered firmware from the TCL website, file name V8-R851T02-LF1V645.018859.zip, and if there would be any consequences if I do that.

Is it probable that the company could have locked the boot-loader? Can I check it?

Also, I would like to know if there is any way to backup the current firmware before attempting to upgrade just in case.

Many thanks,
Maziar
Nothing to be done, as you have different hardware (SoC) inside.
:cry:

Type in search "C715 Iran" and read previous posts.
Edit:

maxlee158

Nov 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

Many thanks,
Maziar
Follow the steps on this link ( https://support.tcl.com/us-androidt...k-the-software-version-of-your-tcl-android-tv ) & take the screenshot & paste it here.

This will let us know the current firmware name & from there we can find the next/new possible & compatible update

batserra

Jan 1, 2023
Problems with Dolby Atmos (Tcl 8132 and Tcl c715)
Hi ,i recently bought a Tcl 8132 sound bar with a Dolb y Atmos I was with v715 but i had some problems with some files that i have donwloaded to test dolby atmos (can heard, no icon or no screen en tcl sound bar)

I read that with c715 there was some problems with dolby atmos so i tryed to downgraded to v662 but now i still with problems and now with Hbo i can not see icon from atmos and in my sound bar also i can not see dolby atmos in the screen.

Does anybody can recommend wich firmware is the best to listen dolby atmos ,v662 ,v715 ,v718?
Also i have to configure something?
In configure ,screen its enabled Dolby Atmos ,also in Digital Audio Out (tryed to Pass Through and Auto) and Sound Bar connected to Hdmi/Arc,

Thanks for all

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Problems with Dolby Atmos (Tcl 8132 and Tcl c715)
Hi ,i recently bought a Tcl 8132 sound bar with a Dolb y Atmos I was with v715 but i had some problems with some files that i have donwloaded to test dolby atmos (can heard, no icon or no screen en tcl sound bar)

I read that with c715 there was some problems with dolby atmos so i tryed to downgraded to v662 but now i still with problems and now with Hbo i can not see icon from atmos and in my sound bar also i can not see dolby atmos in the screen.

Does anybody can recommend wich firmware is the best to listen dolby atmos ,v662 ,v715 ,v718?
Also i have to configure something?
In configure ,screen its enabled Dolby Atmos ,also in Digital Audio Out (tryed to Pass Through and Auto) and Sound Bar connected to Hdmi/Arc,

Thanks for all
I have no soundbar, but my C715 has Atmos (in Netflix) only with V674 and V677.

EFAYSAL

Apr 29, 2018
Hi, I am trying to help a friend.
Philips TV 49PUS6561/12
He got online help from Philips support and even by calling him but they couldn't do anything. Nothing!
Few days before this appeared ,he found an IPTV app installed on the TV but he doesn't remember doing it, Then the screen become zoomed,. You Know nothing about what's going on the tv,.

Philips logo screen and the four colored dots is ok.

Any help appreciated.

How to FORCE factory RESET? maybe this could help.

Press power button on the screen for 20 sec >>>> nothing,,, theTV still on.

Upgrade >>>>>>>>>> read data (done) >>>>>>> upgrading doesn't start.
I still have some chances trying different file names for the upgrade file like "autorun.upg" without unzip the file but I don't think it could help.

Attachments

• IMG_5391.jpg
    IMG_5391.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 25

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Hi, I am trying to help a friend.
Philips TV 49PUS6561/12
He got online help from Philips support and even by calling him but they couldn't do anything. Nothing!
Few days before this appeared ,he found an IPTV app installed on the TV but he doesn't remember doing it, Then the screen become zoomed,. You Know nothing about what's going on the tv,.

Philips logo screen and the four colored dots is ok.

Any help appreciated.

How to FORCE factory RESET? maybe this could help.

Press power button on the screen for 20 sec >>>> nothing,,, theTV still on.

Upgrade >>>>>>>>>> read data (done) >>>>>>> upgrading doesn't start.
I still have some chances trying different file names for the upgrade file like "autorun.upg" without unzip the file but I don't think it could help.
Proper thread....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every time newer is better. I managed to update V722 to V727 and didn't liked it. Same with V728. Both of them are full with bloatware, much more than V722, and the 2 GB Ram is not enough for them, the TV is too slow. So, I returned to V722 what is better for me.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.