TCL Android TV model 55p8m / Android Recovery TCL/BeyondTV/BeyondTV

Search This thread

Ogu!

Jan 7, 2015
I blocked some update URLs in my router (thanks to Rocket_rl and Stasiof!)

Unfortunately it do not works. The url is banned (i cannot connect to it and my browser tell me the domain is forbidden), but TV still update itself without consentement, at reboot.
There must be another server URL to ban.

nzjott

Mar 19, 2023
Very annoying problem with r815t02 version 7xx and after.(android 11)
After update to the newer versions, some of my app like the nebula manager won't be able to display my app list. But some apps like sideload launch are working ok... Can anyone help me to find out what's wrong with it please?

My tv is TCL 75p715. The worst tv I have ever used. I tried allllllll the firmwares but none of them fully working with the picture settings, when I view movies with mxplayer etc, the picture stucked with the lowest quality, none of the vivid or HDR etc are working .🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Attachments

• 16792271280263244951440029736669.jpg
    16792271280263244951440029736669.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 154
  • 16792277864001592679602639344971.jpg
    16792277864001592679602639344971.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Cinam

Jan 18, 2022
I have a 65C815 which is a 2020 model if im not mistaken.

im on latest android 9 version 662. is it worth upgrading to 722?

will it affect the tv speed? The current version im on is quite fast and fluid when navigating

the only problem i notice is that tv straggling abit on fast moving scenes ie sports events and im puzzled as it is supposed to be equipped with a 100Hz display
I have a 75C815 on 722. It also jerks a bit on high speed scenes….the processor just isn’t up to it…but I can’t really complain for the price of the TV.

I have also turned off all motion/clarity settings and uninstalled a lot of the pre installed apps (see prev posts on how to do that).

It also fixed some HLG artefacts I had.

All in all i classed it as a good upgrade.

Reactions: modsupremo

lexus46

Jul 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy J5
Samsung Galaxy A51
So in order to gain a few dozen mb of ram memory
install https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
and these you can safely uninstall all apk

Hello. Please tell me you connected the Tv wia USB cable or wireless? Because in user description says that Tv-s can be connected via wifi network, just click Enable Network Debugging, but there is not such a button. Thx.

Reactions: guma77

Cinam

Jan 18, 2022
Thanks. I turned on Dev options but what is ''xD''?
And ''Enable network debugging'' button in the ADB App Control application only appears after the devics is connected by USB cable. But the Tv set is not seen via USB cable. Maybe I have to install some USB drivers for that?
I used CLI ADB to do it and no cables at all.
Ensure you don’t have wifi isolation or something enabled on your router (unlikely you do if you aren’t sure what that is).

Also, once usb debugging is enabled ADB should connect to the IP directly (you need to specify the TV IP address, don’t use auto locate or anything like that).

Note, USB debugging in the developer settings.
I think we made a boo-boo saying network debugging, its USB debugging that is needed…I re checked the instructions, sorry about that.

Reactions: lexus46

aleacido

Aug 30, 2015
Very annoying problem with r815t02 version 7xx and after.(android 11)
After update to the newer versions, some of my app like the nebula manager won't be able to display my app list. But some apps like sideload launch are working ok... Can anyone help me to find out what's wrong with it please?

My tv is TCL 75p715. The worst tv I have ever used. I tried allllllll the firmwares but none of them fully working with the picture settings, when I view movies with mxplayer etc, the picture stucked with the lowest quality, none of the vivid or HDR etc are working .🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Hi. To have vivid colors, you must use an app that supports exoplayer (mxplayer, vlc and kodi does not), you can use PLEX , or Just Player, or VIMU player (paid). . Better firmwares for this serie is Android 9, faster and less bugs (i still on official fw 645, but 653,660,662, are ok too). Android 11 sucks and slowdown. If you want to rollback to android 9 you nust use an IMG file (not OTA) and disable automatic update. Take off power cable, plug in while pushing power button until update starts, wait until update finish and tv restart, after first install, reset all and do the setup again (and disable automatic update). Hi

Last edited:

nathanfirebright

Mar 27, 2023
Hello all new here
I have a weird playback issue on my P8 55 on youtube, youtube kids its just with youtube.
After researching i have found the IMG formware for this model it installed but problem remains.
I was wondering if i could maybe revert to older "compatible" android version to fix the issue?
TcL says the board needs swapping i think its firmware issue though.
Kindly someone can list oldest supported firmware for P855 or any workaround for this matter just need to play youtube on this tv thank you so much for read!

Bexsbash

Mar 27, 2023
please i need serious help,my TCL 55p20us has not been able to update from o.s version 8 over wifi network, always saying "no update found" since i bought it .
Please i crave to upgrade it to version 11, help with info on how i can do it either automatically or manually.
Thanks

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
please i need serious help,my TCL 55p20us has not been able to update from o.s version 8 over wifi network, always saying "no update found" since i bought it .
Please i crave to upgrade it to version 11, help with info on how i can do it either automatically or manually.
Thanks
Post your TV firmware version.....
Edit:
I think you posted in wrong thread.....if is Android 8, I supose is MT58 platform
and there is no more OS upgrade for this platform.

Maybe have look at this thread....

Bexsbash

Mar 27, 2023
Dont what is the famous bug, but I could not turn off TV with hdmi CEC. Now, it works with v722.
T
Post your TV firmware version.....
Edit:
I think you posted in wrong thread.....if is Android 8, I supose is MT58 platform
and there is no more OS upgrade for this platform.

Maybe have look at this thread....
Oh, so what can i do, can it still be upgraded, please link me up to the right platform 🙏

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
Good day sir, being at work all these while, just came back home...I'm very sorry for the late reply!
The TV firmware is : V8-T658T01-LF1V573.
Thank you sir 🙏
Latest is V575 and as posted above , you can found in this thread...

So, no need to post in this thread anymore.

Reactions: jarekt

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have a iFFALCON 55K610B which is running Android 9 and R851T02-LF1V606.

Since iFFALCON is essentially TCL, I'm guessing I can use these OTAs? If so, which is the latest OTA version I can easily update to?

/Edit: Updated to v677. Seems fine. Is it worth going to v722?

Attachments

• 20230401_184406.jpg
    20230401_184406.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230401_184344_1.jpg
    20230401_184344_1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Julio89

Mar 24, 2023
Hola amigos, quisiera saber de donde sacan las actualizaciones de TCL, son autenticas o son hechas por aficionados porque todas las que instalé vienen con diferentes tipos de errores, la última que instalé fue la versión V722 en 50p715

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not every time newer is better. I managed to update V722 to V727 and didn't liked it. Same with V728. Both of them are full with bloatware, much more than V722, and the 2 GB Ram is not enough for them, the TV is too slow. So, I returned to V722 what is better for me.
    Hi, I'm super new here and I'm trying to find stable firmware to update to on my 50S434 TV, currently it's on V8-R851T02-LF1V458.018656. I believe I want v722, but I've been scouring this forum and can't find the link for it. Could someone get me the proper link and maybe some instructions on how to flash it into the TV?

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻

This link is from only two pages back on the thread. It links in to every update so far. I'm not at all sure about your TV model though and whether or not v722 is compatible. Maybe someone else could confirm that for you 👍🏻
    Thank you!
    Honestly I don't think such a reply can help anyone.

I did read through the whole thread and tried to pick the most useful part to me, but still cannot confirm it's applied to my TV's version. It's a risky task worth some advice.

You can choose to ignore any post if you think it's too trivial. However such an "instruction" with no beef will only make one uncomfortable. So please save it next time.
    V8-R851T02-LF1V458 is latest known version for your TV model (N.America region).
    However, you can update with global version with any R851T02 firmware.
    Android 9 is up to V662 and Android 11 is up to V728.

Use search for this topic and type V458 , many posts available as noted above.
    I couldn't find the firmware download link in this topic. Can you share the download link please?
    Why is so hard to read a few pages back ? :rolleyes:

post .....#4,465

UPDATE VERSION: V643​

Date of publication/uploaded : 16.06.2021
    Check URL file size : 1.385 Gb
    Compilation date : 11/06/2021

[Download link]
    :

[Change log] :
    1. enhance stability
    2. optimised experience
    3. fixed some audio formats crash
    4. security package update (gDLL)
    5. optimisation
    DVB-S2 for SAT (lib.sat.so) card
    V645

build date= Jun 19 2021
    build= 1624032310
    security_patch= 2021-01-05
    gmsversion= Android_9_Pie
    software.version_name=AP08
    file size= 1.38GB
    I have a 75c815k (uk) and have just updated to V715 android 11 software, I was previously on V645 the current official TCL European software and had spent many many hours tweaking the settings to get what I consider the best picture quality to suit my taste and eye. My son has an LG 77" c1 oled which cost him roughly 4 times more than my TCL and whilst my picture is not quite up to his with my settings I think it comes very close and thought I would share them if anyone wants to try them. I like quite a vibrant picture so have used the standard mode with the following settings for SDR ( in movie mode the same settings give a slightly softer look)
    Brightness/backlight 45,
    Contrast 90,
    Black level 40,
    Dynamic contrast off, black stretch off, brightness+ on, local dimming low, gamma 0
    Colour 48, tint 50, dynamic colour on, colour temp -1
    Sharpness 50, digital noise and noise reduction off
    Gradation clear (not on V645) low
    Motion clarity on, led motion clear off, judder reduction off
    Expert calibration settings untouched apart from colour space set to auto.

My Hdr settings are similar although brightness and contrast left at 100 and colour pulled back to around 46
    Dolby Vision left alone.

These settings were originally set on V645 but seem ok with V715

As with most things picture quality is subjective but these settings I believe would give a much better baseline to the out of box settings which are way overblown in my opinion.
    Another Argentinian here.
    As I got tired of waiting for the OTA to appear, with my adb logcat running, and it never did ...
    I thought: "why don't I edit the ota v213 url to see if it works?", and it did. :p

V8-R851T02-LF1V321.014450.zip

UPDATE VERSION: V649​

Date of publication/uploaded : 28.07.2021
    URL file size : 1.37732Gb
    Android 9.0
    BTL compiled 16/07

- Ground channel optimization
    - Fix that occurred while reading some audio formats
    - (opt) BT remote controls & pairing
    - Other minor optimizations and fixes

Observation: My sounbar now works correctly.