TCL C635 any way to set app to startup at boot? Or map buttons to open an app?

Search This thread

Framestamp

Jun 7, 2019
Hi xda community,

I've been enjoying my TCL C635 for quite some time now and love the thing.

My question is the following:

Can i set an app to open automatically at boot? and/or is it possible to map a button on the remote to open an app?

I've tried several apps (button mapper, launch at boot etc) but they don't seem to work. Button mapper and similar apps need to be turned on in accessibility settings, but they automatically get turned off when rebooting the TV.

I have also noticed that some (not all) changes made in developer options (like setting process limit) just revert to normal when rebooting.

Also tried this but it doesn't work on Google TV:

Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!!!

Reactions: falciatrice10

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
I haven't found one. It's really quite frustrating.

I've installed Key Mapper, it requires being an accessibility service. It works at first, but after a reboot, I have to start it *and* to toggle it off and back on as an accessibility service! Which is honestly preposterous. An accessibility service should by definition start automatically once it's been enabled.

But it would seem that under Google TV, the BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast is not sent to apps. At least that's what I could guess. I have found absolutely no way to make any app do anything after boot without user input. VPN apps? Have to be started manually.

It's the number one thing that is making me regret buying a Google TV TV.

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
FYI, the Safety Guard trick *did* work for me, but I only tried it under Android TV (I actually downgraded my Google TV to it, since I prefer it), so I can't say whether it's supposed to work under Google TV.

I hadn't looked at it before because I refused to accept Safety Guard's entirely creepy ToS. But I reached the activity without accepting them using App Manager...

siegie65

Aug 20, 2010
Essen
funny467 • 24.12.21, 00:15 • (it's better to immediately connect a mouse (or a remote control with an air mouse), you can do without them, but these devices will help save your nerves in some situations and add a positive experience when setting up ) So, let's go. 1. Download and install programs Key Remapping and Power Shortcuts 2. Without running the program (so we will reduce unnecessary actions), go to Settings -> More settings -> Device settings -> Accessibility and enable these programs: Image
:)

#

3. Run the program "Key Reassignment".
4. Press the button for adding an action:
#

5. Choose the preferred action:
#

6. In the "New Action" window, press the drop-down list button to select the button:
#

7. At the end of the list, click "Other":
#

8. In the window that opens, press the button that we want to bind (do not try to select from the list, but press the desired button, by the way, the program perfectly sees the advertising buttons of the Netflix, TCL Channel, Okko and HD Konopoisk remote control ):
#

9. After defining the button, the program returns back, in the "New action" window, check (if necessary) the "Long press" checkbox and press the drop-down list button to select an action:
#

10. In the list that opens, go to the very end again and click "Other" (by the way, this list also has useful actions: "Screenshot", "Voice Assistant", "ALT + TAB" (a very convenient feature, given that "Recent applications" in this program do not work)):
#

11. In the option selection window, click "Shortcut" (if you need to run the program, then select "Open application"):
#

12. Next, select "Power Shortcuts":
#

13. In the "Power Shortcuts" program window, click "Activity":
#

14. In the window that opens, click "Target":
#

15. A window will open with a list of programs with drop-down lists of available Activities. Select and click on the desired Activity. If you have a mouse, you can immediately check its operation by clicking on the green arrow (you can return to the Power Shortcuts program using the "Back" button on the remote control):
#

16. After selecting Activity, the previous window will open:
#

17. Press on the DPAD RIGHT remote control (arrow to the right) and in the new window press the red button with a checkmark:
#

18. In the "New action" window, check (if necessary) the "Replaces the standard action" checkbox and click the "OK" button:
#

All is ready:
#

I don't know if it works with Google TV, try it.

siegie65

Aug 20, 2010
Essen
If that doesn't work, the only thing left is to switch to Android TV.

TCL P725 / P728 / P737 / P815 / C725 / H720 / Q72 / C635 / P638 Series [Android
] Previously, after switching from Google TV (on TVs that originally came with Google TV) to Android TV, WIFI and Bluetooth did not work, but starting with firmware 309 this problem was fixed.
Switching from Google TV to Android TV and from Android TV to Google TV is possible only through IMG firmware .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda community,

I've been enjoying my TCL C635 for quite some time now and love the thing.

My question is the following:

Can i set an app to open automatically at boot? and/or is it possible to map a button on the remote to open an app?

I've tried several apps (button mapper, launch at boot etc) but they don't seem to work. Button mapper and similar apps need to be turned on in accessibility settings, but they automatically get turned off when rebooting the TV.

I have also noticed that some (not all) changes made in developer options (like setting process limit) just revert to normal when rebooting.

Also tried this but it doesn't work on Google TV:

Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!!!