Team Canjica - a team of members (not devs) who develop for Galaxy S Advance I9070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 25, 2009
forum.xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy S10
I sent an e-mail to team dealing XDA Portal for pointing why our beloved members of the Team Canjica its not already RD.
Waiting for an answer and I'll post it soon will.

This is what i write to :

Subject:
Team Canjica - a team of members (not devs) who develop for Galaxy S Advance I9070

Body:
Why there is no article about Canjica Team, the team that develops from long time ROMs for our phones Galaxy S Advance GT I9070 , or other phones who have novathor chipset like Codina, Janice, Hudson and others?

I think it is a great injustice that team members to disclose sources on github (https://github.com/TeamCanjica) and other users, like Maclaw (actually New Maclaw), who is banned one time, receive laurels, especially considering the fact that not disclose the sources and the remaining activity as it should be in Open Source projects.

Please take this into consideration so that team members are on the threshold of giving up, because of injustice, software development and the fact that you not even consider to be promoted to the stage RD (Recognized Developer).

Regards,
Razvan
Proud Senior Member of XDA community

PS: Waiting for a reply to this post whatever will be.

Let's send PM's to moderators and / or administrators to see/receive an official response from them.

Last edited:

arkadeep94

Feb 15, 2011
Kolkata
I was thinking of doing the same actually. I'll send each of the forum moderators a mail.
Even if they shoot our requests down, at least they'll know what is going on.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

I was thinking of doing the same actually. I'll send each of the forum moderators a mail.

Reactions: Razvan

ygtenos

Nov 21, 2012
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F1
I was wondering... This refusal of rd status sounds pretty ridiculous to me. After all the whole team canjica has done a great deal for our device, right? So what could be the reason to deny them the rd status? Maybe they're short on resources and can't afford to give all these privileges to all the members of the team? Maybe that's why they put so much stress on individual work?
Such a blunt "no" has to hide something behind. If we could understand what that is maybe we could find at the very least a compromise of sort. Like a rd account shared by the whole team, maybe?
Just asking.

Sent. That's it.

ManiacShri

Nov 17, 2012
Mumbai

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Send it to one, not all mods, otherwise it may seem like you're spamming.. And RAZVAN great mail but I suggest you remove the "not devs" part from the thread name because they are as "dev" as any other RD in this forum. We want XDA to know they ARE devs who are not getting the credit and facilities they deserve to contribute better

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com
I sent an e-mail to team dealing XDA Portal for pointing why our beloved members of the Team Canjica its not already RD.

Let's send PM's to moderators and / or administrators to see/receive an official response from them.

Hi,

Users must apply to become a Recognized Developer through filling in the RD Application Form available here >>> http://www.xda-developers.com/recognized-developer-program/. These applications are then processed by the Developer Committee who use this portal post of minimum requirements for being an RD as the assessment criteria.

Last edited:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com

No you won't. If I or any of the other forum moderators get our inboxes spammed the user responsible for this will be dealt with accordingly. If you must e-mail someone, only email 1 of us, not all of us. Though to be honest my above post says all you need to know.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com
I was wondering... This refusal of rd status sounds pretty ridiculous to me. After all the whole team canjica has done a great deal for our device, right? So what could be the reason to deny them the rd status? Maybe they're short on resources and can't afford to give all these privileges to all the members of the team? Maybe that's why they put so much stress on individual work?
Such a blunt "no" has to hide something behind. If we could understand what that is maybe we could find at the very least a compromise of sort. Like a rd account shared by the whole team, maybe?
Just asking.

Sent. That's it.

Hi,

The minimum requirements for being a Recognized Developer can be found here >>> http://www.xda-developers.com/recognized-developer-program/rd-minimum-requirements/. If a user does not meet the high standards we have come to expect from RD's then the Developer Committee will not grant them the RD status.

And whilst you can have a team account, team account's will not be granted RD status as the RD program is to recognize individuals for their work.

Reactions: ygtenos

DaRkRhiNe

Mar 18, 2013
Mumbai
Even Mr.Harsh Should be given some credit...He is the one who brought Dual boot to sgsa..
When Dual boot was brought in galaxy s , it was displayed in the portal:mad:

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com

Why send a complaint about a person for RD status to the portal team??? They have absolute zip to do with the applications for RD. You are wasting your time.

Any no, it is not for users to go about PM'ing or e-mailing anyone and everyone trying to get a user RD status, that is for ONLY the user involved and the Developer Committee. Please stop this frankly ridiculous behavior and let the user involved contact the DC account.

percy_g2

Oct 22, 2012
Bangalore
sites.google.com
Why send a complaint about a person for RD status to the portal team??? They have absolute zip to do with the applications for RD. You are wasting your time.

Any no, it is not for users to go about PM'ing or e-mailing anyone and everyone trying to get a user RD status, that is for ONLY the user involved and the Developer Committee. Please stop this frankly ridiculous behavior and let the user involved contact the DC account.

Oh please ,
There is more in it then RD title , DC committee or anyone of the admin who is happy to solve the issues we have . Name them instead of replying like a automated messages.
Don't jump into conclusions so fast ,try to know more about it .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com
Also 1 last point before this thread gets put to sleep.

With reference to the Maclaw part of the PM, I've noticed a lot of invalid reports going through the RP system about Maclaw over the last few days so let me clear up a few of the points that seem to be getting mis-interpreted.

1. They do not have to provide the ROM source. CyanogenMod and other AOSP ROM's are Open-Sourced under the Apache 2.0 License which states source code does not have to be published. It is the developers choice whether or not to publish ROM source.

2. The only thing that for which the source code needs to be published for is the Linux kernel as this is under the GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.

3. I'm well aware of the entire history behind Maclaw - I was the moderator who dealt with it last time around so please, no more RP's detailing the history of Maclaw :p

Thread closed.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Birmingham
jonathonfitch.com
Oh please ,
There is more in it then RD title , DC committee or anyone of the admin who is happy to solve the issues we have . Name them instead of replying like a automated messages.
Don't jump into conclusions so fast ,try to know more about it .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

True, however, it is the Developer Committee alone that deals with RD applications, rejections and complaints regarding this. No other usergroup interferes as a matter of principle - not even the admins. The DC are fully capable of handling these sorts of things as there are developers from all major platforms that form the DC.

Ok, I'm closing this thread. If you have anymore concerns about this then feel free to drop me a PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Subject:

Body:
    Why there is no article about Canjica Team, the team that develops from long time ROMs for our phones Galaxy S Advance GT I9070 , or other phones who have novathor chipset like Codina, Janice, Hudson and others?

I think it is a great injustice that team members to disclose sources on github (https://github.com/TeamCanjica) and other users, like Maclaw (actually New Maclaw), who is banned one time, receive laurels, especially considering the fact that not disclose the sources and the remaining activity as it should be in Open Source projects.

Please take this into consideration so that team members are on the threshold of giving up, because of injustice, software development and the fact that you not even consider to be promoted to the stage RD (Recognized Developer).

Regards,
    Razvan
    Proud Senior Member of XDA community

PS: Waiting for a reply to this post whatever will be.

Send it to one, not all mods, otherwise it may seem like you're spamming.. And RAZVAN great mail but I suggest you remove the "not devs" part from the thread name because they are as "dev" as any other RD in this forum. We want XDA to know they ARE devs who are not getting the credit and facilities they deserve to contribute better

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Also 1 last point before this thread gets put to sleep.

With reference to the Maclaw part of the PM, I've noticed a lot of invalid reports going through the RP system about Maclaw over the last few days so let me clear up a few of the points that seem to be getting mis-interpreted.

1. They do not have to provide the ROM source. CyanogenMod and other AOSP ROM's are Open-Sourced under the Apache 2.0 License which states source code does not have to be published. It is the developers choice whether or not to publish ROM source.

2. The only thing that for which the source code needs to be published for is the Linux kernel as this is under the GNU General Public License (GPL) v2.

3. I'm well aware of the entire history behind Maclaw - I was the moderator who dealt with it last time around so please, no more RP's detailing the history of Maclaw :p

Thread closed.

Just asking.

Sent. That's it.

Hi,

The minimum requirements for being a Recognized Developer can be found here >>> http://www.xda-developers.com/recognized-developer-program/rd-minimum-requirements/. If a user does not meet the high standards we have come to expect from RD's then the Developer Committee will not grant them the RD status.

And whilst you can have a team account, team account's will not be granted RD status as the RD program is to recognize individuals for their work.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone