[TEAM XPOSED][HOW-TO]7/18/12 SystemUI mods and how-tos (new: custom notif background)

johentie

Dec 22, 2011
Toronto
great work...

2 questions though..

1) how do i get the clock back? i depend on it for time since i like the lock screen to be clear of anything but my wallpaper..
2) i cannot find /res/values/.. to edit the carrier..

i am using ES File Explorer and "viewing" the apk... do i need another app to edit the xml files?

Edit: figured out you have to decompile and recompile the APK : > i'll read into doing that...
can you make a version with the clock working?

Last edited:

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
great work...

2 questions though..

1) how do i get the clock back? i depend on it for time since i like the lock screen to be clear of anything but my wallpaper..
2) i cannot find /res/values/.. to edit the carrier..

i am using ES File Explorer and "viewing" the apk... do i need another app to edit the xml files?

Edit: figured out you have to decompile and recompile the APK : > i'll read into doing that...
can you make a version with the clock working?
Sure :)

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
I dont know if anyone knows how to do this but the sgs2 had a mod called homeMYhome and what it did was it allowed you to replace the double click home button action(which was vlingo) to any app you wanted. For instance i had mine set to camera so if i hit home twice, the camera popped up. Very useful mod especially if you dont use svoice or vlingo.

johentie

Dec 22, 2011
Toronto
sorry and i am assuming u have to be on a deodexed rom to install your theme??

****.. i like my Rogers Stock Rooted for now, just don't want the Green ; < i hate the AT&T 4G icon..

bah..

TokedUp

Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
Is there any way to get the volume buttons to skip tracks when the screen is off? Sorry to be ot but figured I'd try since we have no lock screen controls.

What about making the *#0011# WiFi mod stick after reboot?

Heard anything about stopping the screen from turning on by itself after receiving a sms?

Reactions: LAKERHATER4

KING SKILLZ

Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Thanks for removing the clock!!! always have the widget on the screen so didn't need two. Any plans to have the Status bar in other colors besides this ICS blue? maybe one with a different color for every icon in the status bar. either way thanks again for this mod.

xtrezpasor

Dec 27, 2010
Is there any way to get the volume buttons to skip tracks when the screen is off? Sorry to be ot but figured I'd try since we have no lock screen controls.

What about making the *#0011# WiFi mod stick after reboot?

Heard anything about stopping the screen from turning on by itself after receiving a sms?
What is the *#0011# mod?

Sent from my SPH-L710...if some one helps you press the thanks button

thekendog

Jul 25, 2011
Quick question freeza. What tool do you use to decompile apks that recompiles successfuly as well?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I would like to know this too. I keep getting a bunch of errors in apktool. I wanted to try and figure out how to add in a small am/pm.

thekendog

Jul 25, 2011
So I got apktool working and all, but the question I have is how do you decompile a systemui.apk from a theme? I keep getting errors when trying to decompile the one from ICS Dominatin. Is it even possible? There are parts of individual mods and themes that I like and I would like to be able to combine them but am not smart enough to start from scratch...hence the wanting to decompile an existing theme systemui.