Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
May 26, 2010
Beirut
[TEASER] MultiROM for HTC One M9

yep, i'm just teasing here :D;):p:angel:

very early testing phase (and obviously no kernel yet either)

MultiROM recovery:
attachment.php

MultiROM Boot Menu(s):
attachment.php

attachment.php

No kernel with kexec hardboot :crying:
attachment.php

Not sure why I'm teasing at all... guess just happy to have gotton this far :cowboy:

when / (if?) I get a better build it'll go the the dev section, but just had to post those screenshots :cool::eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-05-20-44-54.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-05-20-44-54.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 5,457
  • mrom_screenshot_000.png
    mrom_screenshot_000.png
    33 KB · Views: 5,409
  • mrom_screenshot_002.png
    mrom_screenshot_002.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 5,401
  • mrom_screenshot_003.png
    mrom_screenshot_003.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 5,395

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
nice thanks :good: does he have a kernel for us :D

I was/am hoping for @flar2 ... as far as I am concerned, he is the leading authority on kernels, imho.

He's pretty much one of the original android pioneers, and an all around nice chap.. Not sure if he has a kernel but he was working on a dual boot for the m7 I believe, and that was functional.

Not sure how you'd even contact him, Paul O'Brien I think his full name is. Has a website called Modaco. He may be able to help with some things.

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
He's pretty much one of the original android pioneers, and an all around nice chap.. Not sure if he has a kernel but he was working on a dual boot for the m7 I believe, and that was functional.

Not sure how you'd even contact him, Paul O'Brien I think his full name is. Has a website called Modaco. He may be able to help with some things.

Many thanks again, but I'm actually working off a port from @Tasssadar
I have been able to get [modified] TWRP recovery to work, as well as get to the multirom (both by tassader) boot menu

"we" still have to implement a kernel with kexec-hardboot, I will be looking into it, but as mentioned before the most qualified person is still @flar2

Last edited:

jaredkzr

Jan 1, 2012
I can't wait for this! It's one of my most-missed features from my old m7. Since we've got a SD card slot, storage shouldn't be an issue!

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Many thanks again, but I'm actually working off a port from @Tasssadar
I have been able to get [modified] TWRP recovery to work, as well as get to the multirom (both by tassader) boot menu

"we" still have to implement a kernel with kexec-hardboot, I will be looking into it, but as mentioned before the most qualified person is still @flar2

Fair enough, all in saying is, this guy has already done it before

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
I asked @flar2 if he could add kexec to elemental. Hopefully he can find time to do it, fingers crossed!

it does look like a LOT of work... i'm by far the most idiotic person (including kernel development) but if the source isnt already in place, then YES, it will be a handful

then again, i'm no kernel dev, nor would i even know where to find all those "missing" files :eek:
"perhaps" someone will :fingers-crossed:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi there
What s the status of this project ? is the code available anywhere on github?

Cheers
Unfortunately, had more than enough setbacks :(
Laptop died
Repo(s) gone along with it
Etc.

Actually tried rebuilding yesterday, but now I have bunch of errors
Can't even compile properly

I had it working, difficulty, but working for a while.
Until I can figure out what's wrong (since the help, or lack thereof is abundant.. To say the least) it's on hold

I never pushed my changes, since they are way too early

But if you want my patch sets, you can pm me

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

dmc2359

Aug 8, 2013
project is back online, with quite some progress :D

feel free to vote, if you'd like

YES PLEASE!!! :victory::victory: I have been waiting for multirom ever since i got my m9 when it was first released, i love it on my Nexus 7 and have been missing it dearly.:crying:

throcker

Feb 1, 2012
cagliari
I follow Multirom project since it started for nexus 7 2012, and tried it for several different phones and tablet....
even if I think that is amazing, and many devs said what I say is no sense, I think that it screws something up. I feel secondary roms and also primary slower or laggier, maybe is a placebo but I never changed my idea about that. though I would use this ;)
keep up! let's bring to this section something nice

Ramazor

Oct 13, 2011
Rijeka
As an ex active theme maker, you'd probably make me start making some once again if you could figure this out. I really like Sense, but I need fast transitions to CM - so backups we not an option.

Reactions: nkk71

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
As an ex active theme maker, you'd probably make me start making some once again if you could figure this out. I really like Sense, but I need fast transitions to CM - so backups we not an option.

I may take you up on that quite soon :D
or even sooner,

can confirm the following (a couple of hours or so ago)

Current ROM: ViperOneM9 3.5.0

flashed, modified TWRP (TWRP-multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.img)
installed new MultiROM zip (multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.zip)
Code:
07/12/2015  16:46         4,381,644 multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.zip
07/12/2015  16:43        40,296,448 recovery-multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.img

for testing, flashed straight into secondary: "Slim-himaul-5.1.1.beta.0.8-DM-DEV-20151002-1240.zip"

and yep, MultiROM boot menu popped up properly, selected Slim, booted fine.... okay didnt test it too much, then selected reboot, and chose internal again
.... and it's working, no damage, as far as i can tell :cool:

but I do have waaaaay too much [added] debug code in there, so that needs to be cleaned up, before a new development thread can [finally] be opened.

(didnt have to do any of the manual stuff I had to before, everything worked as expected; obviously this is a huge workaround, and yes, there are circumstances that can get you into "a bit" of trouble, for the time being, let's call it a "lingering" primary_boot.img.... you'll hear that term again)
soon I hope :D

PS: I'm not a video kinda person, though it would be a nice proof that it works,
but, I don't like videos, I just tease :D

and it will be released as a "beta" even if functioning properly / as expected

Last edited:

jaredkzr

Jan 1, 2012
or even sooner,

Code:
07/12/2015  16:46         4,381,644 multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.zip
07/12/2015  16:43        40,296,448 recovery-multirom-20151207-v32-01-UNOFFICIAL-hima.img

for testing, flashed straight into secondary: "Slim-himaul-5.1.1.beta.0.8-DM-DEV-20151002-1240.zip"

and yep, MultiROM boot menu popped up properly, selected Slim, booted fine.... okay didnt test it too much, then selected reboot, and chose internal again

but I do have waaaaay too much [added] debug code in there, so that needs to be cleaned up, before a new development thread can [finally] be opened.

(didnt have to do any of the manual stuff I had to before, everything worked as expected; obviously this is a huge workaround, and yes, there are circumstances that can get you into "a bit" of trouble, for the time being, let's call it a "lingering" primary_boot.img.... you'll hear that term again)

PS: I'm not a video kinda person, though it would be a nice proof that it works,

This is awesome news! Thank you so much for putting the time into this project. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TEASER] MultiROM for HTC One M9

yep, i'm just teasing here :D;):p:angel:

very early testing phase (and obviously no kernel yet either)

MultiROM recovery:
    attachment.php

MultiROM Boot Menu(s):
    attachment.php

attachment.php

No kernel with kexec hardboot :crying:
    attachment.php

Not sure why I'm teasing at all... guess just happy to have gotton this far :cowboy:

when / (if?) I get a better build it'll go the the dev section, but just had to post those screenshots :cool::eek:
    project is back online, with quite some progress :D

feel free to vote, if you'd like

or even sooner,

Code:

This thread is no longer needed :D
    so I'm closing it

You can find the real thing here: [MOD]MultiROM v32a-beta for M9
    You might want to speak with Paul from Modaco about this. He's done this before.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone