• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

Tecknight's Aristo 2 Tutorials

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Cross Flashing Aristo 2 to Aristo 2 plus or vice versa

By the way, if. Anyone wanted to change their MetroPCS Aristo 2 to a T Mobile Aristo 2 plus, all you would need is an Aristo 2 plus .kdz and LGUP dev mode.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
System Update out for Aristo 2

For those of you that followed the rooting tutorial, you should be ok, as you have turned off automatic system updates.

SteelH

Jun 12, 2010
Question:
1. You used the Aristo 2 plus TWRP image ?
2. Is your Date/Time correct when you boot into TWRP ?
1. Yes, the one from post #38
2. The time is incorrect (and I set my correct time zone). I shows an hour behind ,

Last edited:

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
1. Yes, the one from post #38
2. The time is incorrect (and I set my correct time zone). I shows an hour behind ,
Ok, I will let Armando know. That's a lot better than the first Aristo 2 TWRP. Our date was always from Dec 30 2017 - Jan 2nd 2018 until the recent fix.
Actually, I expect that the Aristo 2 TWRP would probably work perfectly on your device as well.
Thanks for trying that for me. I expect that it might start working at some point, but you never know.

Last edited:

NixflixJEnn

Aug 16, 2018
HELP locked lg aristo 2

I have tried and tried to get passed the frp google lock on this phone, I have followed the instructions. When i hit refurbish then start it gets to 4% then kicks out an error saying : 0x81000302 please use latest dll ....GRRR that is exactly what I am trying NOT to do. If anyone can shed some light on my currently bricked useless phone any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
TAT TecKnight's Aristo 2 Tutorials series
Install a specific .KDZ image to your LG phone using LGUP
Requirements:
  • An LG phone
  • A PC running Windows with an internet connection
  • A USB cable.
Note: This procedure will restore all of your partitions to stock for the firmware image you select. This means you will lose your rooted boot image (and root), TWRP and Magisk. This procedure will even work when your phone is not able to boot properly. As long as the bootloader is loading (ie: something is displaying on the screen when you power it up), LGUP should be able to image your phone. However, LGUP does not restore the flashing or oem lock state. If your phone was unlocked, it will stay that way.

1. If you don't already have LGUP installed on your PC, complete this procedure:
2. If you don't already have a .KDZ file that you want to image your phone with, go here:
and download one.

3. Power OFF your Phone.

4. Connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.

5. Press and hold Volume + on the phone. Connect the other end of USB cable to your phone while still pressing Volume +.

6. Download Mode should appear on the phone, and then change to Firmware Update.

7. Launch LGUP. It should detect your phone. You should see a screen resembling this:

8. In the lower section, to the right of File Path, click on the ..., then browse to and select your .kdz file. Your screen should now resemble this:

9. Make sure REFURBISH is selected, then click Start to flash your phone.

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.

_________
Change Log:
7/5/2018 Moved actual LGUP installation to a separate tutorial. This tutorial now refers to that tutorial if LGUP is not already installed on PC.
6/30/2018 Created initial procedure.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
I have tried and tried to get passed the frp google lock on this phone, I have followed the instructions. When i hit refurbish then start it gets to 4% then kicks out an error saying : 0x81000302 please use latest dll ....GRRR that is exactly what I am trying NOT to do. If anyone can shed some light on my currently bricked useless phone any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!
If flashing with LGUP doesn't work, then try this:
Restore your LG phone to the latest factory firmware using LG Bridge

I'm not sure which KDZ you are trying to flash, you might be encountering anti-rollback protection if you are trying to flash an old image. In that case, try LGUP Developer mode, Partition Download option, then select all partitions.

Last edited:

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Install Xposed Framework on your Magisk rooted Aristo 2 / 2 +

Install Xposed Framework on your Magisk rooted Aristo 2 / 2 +
Requirements:
  • A rooted LG Aristo 2 or Aristo 2 plus running Magisk.
Note: While it is nice to have Xposed Framework on your phone, as there are many tweaks available as xposed modules, that are not possible if the framework were not installed, there is one caveat I should mention. Xposed framework breaks SafetyNet, as it is not possible for Magisk to completely hide Xposed framework. So if you are running an app that tests if your phone is rooted, you may not be able to slide if you install xposed framework. OK, fair warning given.

1. Download and install the Xposed Installer 3.1.5 (systemless) android app from here:
2. On your phone, launch Magisk Manager

3. Touch the 3 horizontal lines in the upper left and select Downloads from the menu.

4. Touch the magnifying glass then type xposed.

5. Scroll down the list and find Xposed Framework (SDK 25). Touch the download icon on the right.

6. A dialog will appear asking what you want to do. Touch the word INSTALL on the bottom right side of the dialog.

7. Magisk Manager will display a Downloading dialog and display the progress. Once the download is complete, Magisk Manager will flash the Xposed framework to your phone. When it is done, touch the word REBOOT on the bottom right of the Flashing dialog.

8. Your phone will now reboot. Note that it is not unusual for the first boot after Xposed Framework is installed to take more than 10 min to complete. However, when I flashed using this method, it booted up rather quickly.
Update: last time I tried this it took over 10 minutes to boot, but I did not have to do any additional reboots

9. Once your phone boots up, launch Xposed installer 3.1.5, it will likely indicate that Xposed framework is not installed. Don't worry, this is expected. If the installer indicates that Xposed Framework IS installed, you are not only very lucky, you are done !! Otherwise, continue to the next step.

10. Reboot phone.

11. Once your phone boots up, launch Xposed installer 3.1.5 again. Check Xposed framework installation status. If it shows as installed, congratulations, you are done. If not, continue to next step.

12. Reboot phone again. Go back to Step 11.

My experience is that it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 boots (usually 2 or 3) before the Xposed installer recognizes that Xposed framework is installed.

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.
_________
Change Log:
9/10/2018 Changed Xposed Installer download to systemless version.
9/2/2018 Changed procedure to flash xposed framework via Magisk Manager. This is a much cleaner process and faster as well.
9/1/2018 Created Initial procedure which used TWRP to flash xposed framework.

Last edited:

RandoSwift

Jun 6, 2018
wrong section sorry

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

messed up my phone on accident trying to update it using my pc. Can you post an updated image for x210ulm (LG K8 + 2018 from US Cellular) Didn't know of that whole root detection thing! If you have discord and would like to talk more about it on there, add me SwiftSilver#1801. I am not going to root my phone for now I guess

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
wrong section sorry

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

messed up my phone on accident trying to update it using my pc. Can you post an updated image for x210ulm (LG K8 + 2018 from US Cellular) Didn't know of that whole root detection thing! If you have discord and would like to talk more about it on there, add me SwiftSilver#1801. I am not going to root my phone for now I guess
I have found no significant differences between the boot images of the Aristo 2 and Aristo 2 plus and I expect I would find the same with your phone, You should have no problem using the Aristo 2 boot image in the tutorial. However, If you want a patched boot image for your model, I will first need a stock boot image from your phone. If your phone is currently running a stock image, you can pull a stock boot image by installing LGUP Dual mode and setting it to developers mode.
Here are the instructions to install LGUP Dual mode:

Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC

Once you have installed it, connect your phone, run LGUP and select DUMP then check the boot partition. It will create a file named boot_COMxx. I need that file.

Last edited:

BillyRae

Jan 11, 2015
V4A fx

First off, thanks to Tecknight for the step by step root process. It worked flawlessly!!

I'm a noob. To be honest the only reason I root is to use V4A fx I downloaded it from Magik. Installed it and as per usual, it asked to install the driver. So I do that and it reboots. But it boot loops 3 times before loading. Then I load V4A and it asks again for the driver. Now I have both Poweramp and Jet Audio player on my phone. I did u check the DVD and enabled Android fx in Poweramp. I shut everything down in Jet Audio. For giggles I tried the stock Google player. This was the only thing that reacted with V4A. However it keeps asking to load the driver. I tried compatible, normal and super quality. Makes no difference. Still asks to load the V4A drivers. I tried to use V4A anyway, but to no avail. Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong?? If so, please explain it as if you're explaining it to a total novice. Thanks again!! I don't have the logs but I've tried all versions oF V4A and they were all Magisk module. From 2.3.4.0 to the latest

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
First off, thanks to Tecknight for the step by step root process. It worked flawlessly!!

I'm a noob. To be honest the only reason I root is to use V4A fx I downloaded it from Magik. Installed it and as per usual, it asked to install the driver. So I do that and it reboots. But it boot loops 3 times before loading. Then I load V4A and it asks again for the driver. Now I have both Poweramp and Jet Audio player on my phone. I did u check the DVD and enabled Android fx in Poweramp. I shut everything down in Jet Audio. For giggles I tried the stock Google player. This was the only thing that reacted with V4A. However it keeps asking to load the driver. I tried compatible, normal and super quality. Makes no difference. Still asks to load the V4A drivers. I tried to use V4A anyway, but to no avail. Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong?? If so, please explain it as if you're explaining it to a total novice. Thanks again!! I don't have the logs but I've tried all versions oF V4A and they were all Magisk module. From 2.3.4.0 to the latest
Mine installs OK (no bootloop)
Here is my screen shot:

Luigginaut

Oct 11, 2018
How to uninstall twrp lg aristo 2 plus?

Requirements:
  • An LG phone
  • A PC running Windows with an internet connection
  • A USB cable.
Note: This procedure will restore all of your partitions to stock for the firmware image you select. This means you will lose your rooted boot image (and root), TWRP and Magisk. This procedure will even work when your phone is not able to boot properly. As long as the bootloader is loading (ie: something is displaying on the screen when you power it up), LGUP should be able to image your phone. However, LGUP does not restore the flashing or oem lock state. If your phone was unlocked, it will stay that way.

1. If you don't already have LGUP installed on your PC, complete this procedure:
2. If you don't already have a .KDZ file that you want to image your phone with, go here:
and download one.

3. Power OFF your Phone.

4. Connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.

5. Press and hold Volume + on the phone. Connect the other end of USB cable to your phone while still pressing Volume +.

6. Download Mode should appear on the phone, and then change to Firmware Update.

7. Launch LGUP. It should detect your phone. You should see a screen resembling this:

8. In the lower section, to the right of File Path, click on the ..., then browse to and select your .kdz file. Your screen should now resemble this:

9. Make sure REFURBISH is selected, then click Start to flash your phone.

_________
Change Log:
7/5/2018 Moved actual LGUP installation to a separate tutorial. This tutorial now refers to that tutorial if LGUP is not already installed on PC.
6/30/2018 Created initial procedure.
How to uninstall twrp lg aristo 2 plus?

theguy99

Oct 16, 2018
Restore your LG phone to the latest factory firmware using LG Bridge
This Tutorial describes how you can restore your LG phone to the latest official firmware using LG Bridge windows software.
Note that LG Bridge will always restore the latest factory firmware to your phone. If you need to restore a specific KDZ image to your phone, you should use:
instead.
This procedure will work even if your phone is not able to boot properly.
As long as the bootloader is loading (ie: something is displaying on the screen when you power it up), LG Bridge should be able to restore your phone.
Requirements:
  • An LG phone
  • A PC running Windows with an internet connection.
  • A USB cable.
Note: I have had reports that as of 8/5/2018, this procedure is not working on the LG Aristo 2 plus, as Update error recovery gets the error:
Your phone information cannot be checked.
Please contact LG customer service

Still, if you have an Aristo 2 plus and have a need to restore your phone to stock, I would give this procedure a try, as I expect it will start working at some point.

1. Download LG Bridge to your Windows PC from here:
2. Install LG Bridge on your PC.

3. Launch LG Bridge on your PC.

4. Power OFF your Phone.

5. Connect one end of the USB cable to your PC.

6. Press and hold Volume + on the phone. Connect the other end of USB cable to your phone while still pressing Volume +.

5. Download Mode should appear on the phone, and then change to Firmware Update

6. LG Bridge should now detect your phone. Click on the Software Update tab. then select Update error recovery.

7. LG Bridge will download the latest available firmware for your model and then restore your phone using LGUP utility integrated into the LG Bridge software.

_________
Change Log:
8/4/2018 Changed the wording to make this procedure apply to all LG phones.
8/2/2018 Added detail as to the tab and option to select in LG Bridge.
5/28/2018 Created initial procedure.
Im having a serious issue, if you could help me Id really appreciate it. I rooted and had magisk and twrp installed and while downloading something on play store my phone just restarted and was in a bootloop into twrp. I downloaded a couple of different firmwares from the links you provided. I can flash them using LGUP but when it gets to the ending and completes the phone reboots it just crashes into a black screen and can only be shut off by removing battery. From there the phone boots but crashes after the LG screen. Even though I can flash in LGUP my phone can not be detected in LGBridge. The bootloader is unlocked and I can reinstall twrp whenever I want but cant erase anything in twrp. Ive got a few pictures of the twrp errors I got
in twrp also videos of what happens when the phone boots or the flashing finishes.

tecknight

Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2010
Las Vegas
Im having a serious issue, if you could help me Id really appreciate it. I rooted and had magisk and twrp installed and while downloading something on play store my phone just restarted and was in a bootloop into twrp. I downloaded a couple of different firmwares from the links you provided. I can flash them using LGUP but when it gets to the ending and completes the phone reboots it just crashes into a black screen and can only be shut off by removing battery. From there the phone boots but crashes after the LG screen. Even though I can flash in LGUP my phone can not be detected in LGBridge. The bootloader is unlocked and I can reinstall twrp whenever I want but cant erase anything in twrp. Ive got a few pictures of the twrp errors I got
in twrp also videos of what happens when the phone boots or the flashing finishes.
A few questions:
1. when you flash in LGUP, it appears to flash successfully ? (no error messages on the phone)
The thing is that LGUP should restore your phone to stock.
But never mind that.
Do you have the LGUP Dual Mode from my tutorial here ?
Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC
If you don't then please install it.
Then I want you to try this:
Launch LGUP in Developers mode.
Select your .kdz file, then select PARTITION DL.
Then click Start.
LGUP will bring up a list of partitions.
Check ONLY the boot partition then click OK.
Once it is done, try rebooting and see if it boots up correctly.
If it doesn't work tell me what hapened and we will try something else.
One other thing I should mention.
Since you are flashing your phone with LGUP and it still isn't booting up, I would definitely try a fresh download of a .kdz file, possibly even a different version.
KDZ's are here:
https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-lmx210ma-firmwares/firmwares/

Wait a second. You are getting errors in TWRP when you try to erase a partition?
You must not have used my rooting tutorial to root your phone ...
If you did, that wouldn't happen.
When I found out that fastboot was encrypting userdata and cache immediately after a fastboot -w or a fastboot flashing unlock, I completely changed my procedure to eliminate ANY possibility of encrypted partitions.
I now specifically wipe userdata and cache then flash a boot image that forces both partitions to be immediately formatted as unencrypted.
I then force the phone to boot into the new boot image, ensuring that the partitions will be unencrypted, as long as the patched boot image is in place,
However, the TWRP symptoms you mention are caused by encrypted partitions.
Can you post the errors ?
Hold up on the LGUP thing I told you to do, it will not help.
Here's what you should do:
1. Boot into fastboot mode by powering down your phone then connecting a USB cable to your PC.
Then hold the down volume on your phone while connecting the USB cable to the phone.
That should bring up the bootloader screen (very small letters)

Then go to this procedure and do steps 7 thru 23:

Root your LG Aristo 2 or 2+, remove encryption/verity & install TWRP and Magisk

Last edited: