• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Teclast M40 mic issue

Search This thread

RudyGireyev

Jan 12, 2021
Just received my brand new Teclast M40. However, the mic on it seems to be very low. So far I tried Zoom and the recording app that comes with the Android 10 that the tablet ships with. I also tried with headphones and without.
I contacted the seller, which may be Teclast themselves selling on Aliexpress and they sent me the file to reinstall the system that is on the Tablet. But I thought I would come here to get some advice.
I did some searching and noticed a lot of people complaining about the mic issue with Android 10.

TIA
Rudy

Reactions: onetech5

jaroslaw93

Oct 20, 2016
I have just received my M40 and have the same issue. One thing I noticed on the subject of the missing microphone hole, is that there seems to be a small hole bottom left of the screen (in landscape, camera at the top) behind the free screen protector. I am planning to return this so reluctant to remove the protector so wondering if anyone else has done this and if it made any difference?
Can you add the photo with marked this hole? I cannot find it...
Edit: sorry I didn't seen yours next post.. Sorry 🙏

Thorezz

Apr 12, 2016
Yesterday i've received my Teclast M40 from amazon and immediatly discovered the Mic problem.
Compared with my smartphone, the sound recorded is very very low.
Before finding this thread i've realized that it's a real problem of the tablet. The Mic is simply inusable ... i've ordered a USB Mic from amazon at euro 9.99 ... tomorrow i give it a try and if someone is interested i report my test here.
Hope to solve because i need a Mic for frequency recognition ...

Territory

Jul 23, 2021
imho opinion: there must be an internal failure, cause : if u insert a headset the m40 (n9h1) still records from internal mic. maybe it will help 2 drill a litte hole where the mic symbol is?!

Territory

Jul 23, 2021
Yesterday i've received my Teclast M40 from amazon and immediatly discovered the Mic problem.
Compared with my smartphone, the sound recorded is very very low.
Before finding this thread i've realized that it's a real problem of the tablet. The Mic is simply inusable ... i've ordered a USB Mic from amazon at euro 9.99 ... tomorrow i give it a try and if someone is interested i report my test here.
Hope to solve because i need a Mic for frequency recognition ...
i am interested, please tell us what u tried and what results u got so far!

Thorezz

Apr 12, 2016
imho opinion: there must be an internal failure, cause : if u insert a headset the m40 (n9h1) still records from internal mic.
no, i've measured the volume recording before and after the connection of the external mic with a USB OTG cable and the volume raised up at least a 3X so the new MIC is correctly recognized and used but ...

i am interested, please tell us what u tried and what results u got so far!
the Mic worked well as i told above but i haven't solved the problem with the app ... another app worked flawless so i think it was a problem of the app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received my brand new Teclast M40. However, the mic on it seems to be very low. So far I tried Zoom and the recording app that comes with the Android 10 that the tablet ships with. I also tried with headphones and without.
    I contacted the seller, which may be Teclast themselves selling on Aliexpress and they sent me the file to reinstall the system that is on the Tablet. But I thought I would come here to get some advice.
    I did some searching and noticed a lot of people complaining about the mic issue with Android 10.

TIA
    Rudy