• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Teclast Master T10 | General thread

Search This thread

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Generally, i'm pleased with the product, at least when it comes to my needs using it. However...

I let my kid use it the other day, as her tablet was out of juice. She installed GardenScapes and was very disappointed with the stutter and animation freeze everytime a bomb exploded.
I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware lack, as the game is 2D based and shouldnt be a graphical challenge for this SOC and general specs.

I remember reading reviews before i bought the tablet, mentioning that some RAM or Frequency timings were set wrong and had to altered for better performance, or maybe something about the resolution, but i cant seem to find these guides anymore...

Any reason why this gardenscape game should have animation freezes/stutters everytime a bomb explodes`? and is there something i can do about it?
I'm running the last OTA, just surprised that my kids old Ipad 2, can handle this game better than this T10 Master :(
Better ask Teclast to replace the SoC with Snapdragon 820. It is very cheap nowadays.

Look, you can buy a LeEco Le Max2 for 125€ at GeekBuying. The SoC is Snapdragon 820.

A fitting name is T10 Master of Deceit to a bunch of people.

Sent from my takee 1 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

willthrom

Nov 18, 2010
Generally, i'm pleased with the product, at least when it comes to my needs using it. However...

I let my kid use it the other day, as her tablet was out of juice. She installed GardenScapes and was very disappointed with the stutter and animation freeze everytime a bomb exploded.
I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware lack, as the game is 2D based and shouldnt be a graphical challenge for this SOC and general specs.

I remember reading reviews before i bought the tablet, mentioning that some RAM or Frequency timings were set wrong and had to altered for better performance, or maybe something about the resolution, but i cant seem to find these guides anymore...

Any reason why this gardenscape game should have animation freezes/stutters everytime a bomb explodes`? and is there something i can do about it?
I'm running the last OTA, just surprised that my kids old Ipad 2, can handle this game better than this T10 Master :(

The Ipad 2 has more less capable GPU that the Teclast T10, both are coming from the same company, Imagination Technologies.

It could be a problem with the drivers, but again, they are coming from the same company.
The architecture in both GPU´s are completely different, but it is weird that is happening for a quite old game. Teclast might have compiled quite wrongly.
RAM timings or configuration should´t have any impact in an animation, they are quite small. This GPU can do a lot more than that.

So I decided to download the game and give it a try. The first thing I saw is what it takes some time to load. This phase is called pre-compiling the Shaders. It is part of the graphic which need to be done the first time you run it per platform. If you have done an upgrade of the tablet, you might try to re install the game.

I played 4 levels, clean the garden, fix the fountain and build some furnitures in the garden.. LOL.
I didn´t see any problem with the graphic or animations.

have you tried to run any GPU Benchmark? Like https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antutu.benchmark.full&hl=en

check if you see any artefact or issue.

It is true in some situations, when the game is processing all the animations at the end of a game is getting a little slow, like all the animations are been run (did you mean this?, but I don't think it is related to the GPU/CPU but a crappy game :p.

I might be one of the lucky one, but after 2 month with this tablet I couldn't ask for something better.

Last edited:

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
Hi,
I have the Teclast t10 and its fine tablet but i have some problems with its battery. I think the battery is being drain too fast but i can't really get real information because the system battery history is being collected over time and never being deleted. So for example my battery stats is presenting from the first day i received this tablet and not being reset/erased after every charge the same as phones do.

Can somebody give me some advice?

willthrom

Nov 18, 2010
Hi,
I have the Teclast t10 and its fine tablet but i have some problems with its battery. I think the battery is being drain too fast but i can't really get real information because the system battery history is being collected over time and never being deleted. So for example my battery stats is presenting from the first day i received this tablet and not being reset/erased after every charge the same as phones do.

Download another Battery Stats Monitor, they are hundreds.

I only use the tablet for reading, some browsing and 9Gap/reddit, 30min a day, so it last a week or more for me.
The only issue is to keep in mind after 15-20% left, the battery runs out very quickly. It has been reported to Teclast so we expect to have a fix soon (This is just calibration nothing to do with the real state of the battery). Plus the battery is massive.

Keep in mind the resolution of this table is quite big, so a lot of draining.... I am pretty sure you might want to change the DPI, but some test needs to be done if the battery stats change

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
First thank you so much for your quick replying!
1. "Download another Battery Stats Monitor, they are hundreds" - I did try downloading one but it took the system battery history. Do you have any recommendation?

2. "It has been reported to Teclast so we expect to have a fix soon" - Thanks didn't know there was issue with that. I will keep that in mind!

3. "I am pretty sure you might want to change the DPI" - I would really want to change the DPI specially when watching video on Youtube for example that left some black bars. My problem is that you need to Root the device and i am not sure how safe that is now and if i would have difficulty to receive update later.

Lizzi555

Jan 23, 2018
Lübeck
Alternate Tablet ...

Perhaps interisting - seen in latest AliExpress commercial - Price is more than OK ( € 104-136 / $ 127-165):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...23b36d47f412ca7c0ccdc679bdc6f&ck=in_edm_other

Brand : BMXC
Model : T10
CPU : MTK6797 Deca Core
Screen : 10 inch 1920*1200 IPS Touch Screen
Operation System : ANDROID 7.0
Memory(RAM) : 4GB
Nand Flash(HDD) : 128GB/64GB
4G : Yes,Built-in 4G LTE
Bluetooth : Yes,Built-in Bluetooth Module
GPS : Yes,A-GPS Module
3G : Yes,Built-in 3G WCDMA 2100Mhz
Call Phone : Yes,Double Card Double Stay ,Support Dual SIM Card Call Phone
Extend Card : Support TF/SD card Max 32GB
Camera : Front camera 2.0MP,Rear camera 8.0MP
Gravity Sensor : Yes
Multi-Touch : Yes,Multipoints Touch
Flash : Support Flash 11.1
Android Market : Yes
WIFI : Support Wireless 802.11 b/g/n
GPS : Yes,A-GPS
Earphone Interface : 3.5mm
Power Adaptor : AC input 110V-240V;DC output 5V/1.5A-2A
Battery : 6000mAh about 4~8 hours
Language : English,Russian,Spanish ,Italian ,French,Portuguese,India,Brazil, Vietnam, Thai, Germany ,Turkey, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc...
Extend Port : Mini USB,Earphone Jack, TF Card Slot,SIM Port
Color : Black/Gold/Silver/Rose Gold

Package Including :
1 x Charger
1 x User Manual
1 x USB Cable
1 x OTG Cable
1 x 10" Tablet pc
1 x Package Box

Last edited:
Reactions: jpm_fan

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Wait for the Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona: Monday, 26th February to Thursday, 1st March.

New tablets are being presented there. Teclast may have an improved offer.

Sent from my takee 1 using XDA Labs

kaputtzich

Feb 20, 2011
Maybe someone has an idea
I'm somehow stuck, Tablet won't turn on...
If connected to PC I can see VCOM Driver is loaded correctly, but I can't reflash it with spflashtool packed in 1.32 firmware
Status bar stays at 0% and log file is spammed with
Code:
02/22/18 14:24:12.329 BROM_DLL[14860][6048]: DEBUG: BRom_Base::SetBRomCommState(): OK!, BaudRate(9600) = 9600 x EXT_CLOCK(2) x Multiple(1). (FlashToolLib/sv5/common/interface/src/brom_base.cpp:324)
02/22/18 14:24:12.376 BROM_DLL[14860][6048]: DEBUG: BRom_Base::SetBRomCommState(): OK!, BaudRate(57600) = 57600 x EXT_CLOCK(2) x Multiple(1). (FlashToolLib/sv5/common/interface/src/brom_base.cpp:324)
02/22/18 14:24:12.423 BROM_DLL[14860][6048]: DEBUG: BRom_Base::SetBRomCommState(): OK!, BaudRate(9600) = 9600 x EXT_CLOCK(2) x Multiple(1). (FlashToolLib/sv5/common/interface/src/brom_base.cpp:324)
02/22/18 14:24:12.470 BROM_DLL[14860][6048]: DEBUG: BRom_Base::SetBRomCommState(): OK!, BaudRate(57600) = 57600 x EXT_CLOCK(2) x Multiple(1). (FlashToolLib/sv5/common/interface/src/brom_base.cpp:324)
Same behaviour with 1.28 firmware files

willthrom

Nov 18, 2010
First thank you so much for your quick replying!
1. "Download another Battery Stats Monitor, they are hundreds" - I did try downloading one but it took the system battery history. Do you have any recommendation?

2. "It has been reported to Teclast so we expect to have a fix soon" - Thanks didn't know there was issue with that. I will keep that in mind!

3. "I am pretty sure you might want to change the DPI" - I would really want to change the DPI specially when watching video on Youtube for example that left some black bars. My problem is that you need to Root the device and i am not sure how safe that is now and if i would have difficulty to receive update later.

there is an option in the Development Menu to change the Smallest Width. Mine is 892dp

The Pool Man

Jan 23, 2018
I'm a bit more of a shopper than a techtype and so I wanted to help anyone who is more of a techtype than a shopper. Here are a few additional purchases I recommend IF you want to expand your T10's possibilities.

1. Anker Soundcore 2 -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=wgi0f5-20

I hear many YouTube reviewers complain when a tablet or phone just doesn't have the sound they want. Are you kidding? We live in an age now where you can get affordable quality portable speakers. This one is $32. I used it to make my tablet into a kitchen TV. It will give your tablet better sound than any laptop.

2. Jelly Comb BT Keyboard and Mouse -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...etailpage_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=wgi0f5-20

What if you want your Teclast to be a 'computer' sometimes. Personally I despise typing with one or two fingers even with word suggest. If you're a person who needs both a tablet and a PC for school work and such that is a crazy nice solution for $36. The keyboard is rechargeable but regrettably the mouse takes batteries. (So I put two rechargeables in it.)

Logitech offers a rechargeable keyboard and trackpad combo that sounds like a good idea but isn't. There's this [email protected]$$ bug makes typing and editing in Google Docs pointless. When you hit RETURN to go to the next paragraph... you don't. Instead your pointer goes to the top of the page to edit the first word. (I don't know if they ever bothered to fix it but I decided to with this situation instead and it works properly.)

Unfortunately this type of situation requires an OTG adapter . That's $5.79 here -- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NF8MF3E/ref=twister_B01M5JZXN6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3. Ugreen Tablet Stand Holder -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...etailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=wgi0f5-20

I like the angle it holds the unit up -- because it's adjustable. I also like that I can make the holder slim and take it with me. And it's matching white. $9

DOES ANYONE KNOW if a nice gel cover exists for this unit? One case I got from Gearbest was pathetic cardboard. The replacement case was an improvement but unfortunately the magnets trigger the tablet to shut down. Eyeroll.

My temp fix was to apply these sticky things on the back cover to prevent the folding case from touching the back. Like so --

https://ibb.co/kjOxax
https://ibb.co/dGBHax

Last edited:
Reactions: jpm_fan and YuriRM

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
What bars do you see? Can you make an screenshot or a pic?

Here the pic,
i think it is because this tablet is 16:10 and not 16:9 which from what i can understand there is nothing i can do to fix that even if i had root access.

XhMGXLP.jpg

Lizzi555

Jan 23, 2018
Lübeck
At a first glance Teclast QC seems to work fine.
Less than 4 hours for a full charge and T10 remained warm only.
With normal charger I need 5+ hours for the same.

It is a little bit strange as the other Mediatek quick charger I own seem to have same specifications.
5/7/9V ~ 2A / 12V ~ 1,5A

Will try some times more to exclude a coincidence.

T10 - 1.03_g

Second device charged from 5 to 100% within 3:30h.
This charger seems to work really fine.

Reactions: YuriRM

Jartimus

Feb 24, 2018
TeclastOTA issues

Hello T10 enthusiasts, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice/suggestions about updating E3C5 using the TeclastOTA app.

For starters, where does the update.xml file get copied to?

My device is running V1.28_20171120 and I've downloaded t10_e3c5_v1.28_20171120_v1.32_20171220_df26.zip. I've attempted to install the new firmware using the "Local Update" option, and was able to choose the 1.28 to 1.32 .zip file, but it appears to hang shortly after pressing install. Battery is above 85% and the tablet is charging.

I don't receive any error message, just the screen that says;
Start update...please do not cut down the power
Checking the package...
Package verify successfully...
Copying...​

I've left the device at this point for 30+ minutes a few times now, but it doesn't reboot or update this screen. Do I need to extract the .zip file before trying to upgrade?

Has anyone had a successful firmware upgrade using the TeclastOTA app? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any assistance.

panava

Sep 9, 2013
Aspropirgos
Hello T10 enthusiasts, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some advice/suggestions about updating E3C5 using the TeclastOTA app.

For starters, where does the update.xml file get copied to?

My device is running V1.28_20171120 and I've downloaded t10_e3c5_v1.28_20171120_v1.32_20171220_df26.zip. I've attempted to install the new firmware using the "Local Update" option, and was able to choose the 1.28 to 1.32 .zip file, but it appears to hang shortly after pressing install. Battery is above 85% and the tablet is charging.

I don't receive any error message, just the screen that says;
Start update...please do not cut down the power
Checking the package...
Package verify successfully...
Copying...​

I've left the device at this point for 30+ minutes a few times now, but it doesn't reboot or update this screen. Do I need to extract the .zip file before trying to upgrade?

Has anyone had a successful firmware upgrade using the TeclastOTA app? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for any assistance.
There is no need to copy the update.xml, I did not do anything. Just downloaded the 1.28 to 1.32 file and installed it via local update. I don't remember exactly what the tablet did but update was successful to 1.32 as I check in About tablet.

Στάλθηκε από το T10(E3C5) μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

vladimir95-spb

Jan 8, 2018
Saint-Petersburg
Battery issue

Hi,

I have the same problem with battery history, like senior nirmitlamed has.
It look so:
photo
This is distressing. There are options how to fix it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've created this thread to manage all files and documents at one place which might be helpful for all Teclast T10's users.

Teclast Master T10

Teclast
    Product Page

Firmwares
    Here.

Benchmarks
    Here.

Accessories
    XDA Thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/general/teclast-master-t10-accessories-t3722233/).

Root / TWRP
    XDA Thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/root-teclast-master-t10-t3705533/).

If you need different updates, I stored everything I found on my FTP:
    ftp://lizzi555.dyndns.org/Android/TeclastT10/
    If asked for user/password ... both: anonymous
    Firmwares

Device overview
    Teclast Master T10 is sold with two different device identifiers, E3C5 and E3C6. An user of this tablet can get the device identifier looking at the rear side of the tablet, there is a phrase including the device name, the device ID and the SN (serial number) of the device. An example is "T10 ID:E3C5 SN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX", in this example the device ID is E3C5.

Firmware overview
    Regarding the firmware, each device identifier is classified depending on the country the tablet is sold. So chinese people refer to E3C5 (device E3C5) and E3C6 (device E3C6) firmwares, while people outside China must refer to E3C5_G (device E3C5) and E3C6_G (device E3C6) firmwares - the "_G" (underscore G) suffix should mean "Global".
    The difference between E3C5/E3C6 and E3C5_G/E3C6_G firmwares is due to the starting language of Android environment (chinese language for E3C5/E3C6, english language for E3C5_G/E3C6_G) and the additional chinese software (included only in E3C5/E3C6 firmwares).
    Starting from year 2018, Teclast is pushing chinese firmwares (E3C5/E3C6) to have the TOS interface (a Phoenix OS-like environment), while for global firmwares (E3C5_G/E3C6_G) Teclast continues to provide with the standard Android environment.

Full Firmwares
    Regarding the full firmware file (useful in case of downgrade of firmware or in case OTA doesn't properly work), Teclast provides the firmwares for chinese firmwares (E3C5/E3C6) and not-chinese firmwares (E3C5_G/E3C6_G) in two different official websites.
    Chinese people may use the first official Teclast's website (http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php?t=p) and input their own device identifier (E3C5 or E3C6) to get a list of available firmwares.
    People outside China may use the second official Teclast's website (http://www.teclast.com/en/firmware/) and input their own device identifier (E3C5 or E3C6) to get a list of available firmwares.
    For all firmwares not included in above-mentioned websites, users should ask to Teclast the full files for firmwares (providing the serial number of the device if requested), usually Teclast will provide you with a download link to a cloud service.

OTA Firmwares
    Regarding the OTA firmware file (to be used only to update from the current firmware), the things become simpler. Teclast uses a method to get the internet address in order to download the single .ZIP file for upgrading the firmware. Teclast OTA app, included in all T10 units (E3C5,E3C6,E3C5_G,E3C6_G), search for the current firmware id (E3C5,E3C6,E3C5_G,E3C6_G). To get the proper file it computes:
    ota.teclast.com/T10_[firmware_id]/update/
    where [firmware_id] is the current firmware ID (E3C5, E3C6, E3C5_G, E3C6_G).
    Inside the folder there is a file named "update.xml" used by Teclast OTA app in order to know the correct file to use to update the firmware.
    So, summarizing all this matter, we have the following internet addresses :
    E3C5 - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c5/update/
    E3C6 - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c6/update/
    E3C5_G - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c5_g/update/
    E3C6_G - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c6_g/update/

Other Download sources
    All Teclast users may download the firmware files also from NeedRom website (http://www.needrom.com/download/teclast-t10-e3c5/), but the files are mixed, so we have to search for the correct firmware number (in this website there is only the difference between E3C5 and E3C6 devices, not the classification about chinese or not-chinese firmwares).
    Another source for downloading firmware files (both full and OTA files) is listed in post #437 of this thread.

Firmware changelogs
    E3C5 - here
    E3C6 - here
    E3C5_G - here
    E3C6_G - here
    I have updated posts #1, #2, #4, #5, #6, #7 of this thread in order to have a clearer situation about T10 devices and all firmwares.
    If there are mistakes, tips or suggestions, please let me know.
    Firmware v1.34 on arrival ( https://translate.googleusercontent...1.html&usg=ALkJrhg0eErqMew7iNdfJF0-tOolvL3fSQ )

========================================================================================

T10 (E3C5 / E3C6) V1.34 native system preemptive experience version

This version of the Taichung Lions Lion tireless efforts to repair the following problems :

1, part of the game compatible / splash screen problem
    (Such as: street basketball, wilderness operations, Temple Run 2 Chinese version, etc. )
    2, some software compatibility issues
    (Sina micro disk black screen, QQ small video, camera direction repair)
    3, touch problem optimization
    4, system optimization