Teclast Master T10 | General thread

Search This thread

Cosmox_

Aug 31, 2012
Same here,

I'm on the 1.05 version since 2 years now, and, i really find that the device is performing very well regarding it's age now.
Sometimes I have the deep sleep issue where tje device refuses to wake up and that's all.

spectra9

Mar 29, 2008
Yes, first OTA to 1.03 and then again OTA to 1.05. I flashed mine (E3C5) with the Chinese full firmware (v1.35) and it's working like a charm. I only had to change the language settings which was a bit hard. In this thread there is enough info about how to flash full firmware if you want to try that.

We now know that good and bad T10 devices have been send to the market. Many problems with touch screen. But my tablet has been doing it to full satisfaction for 2 years now. I particularly love the screen!

Is it safe to flash Chinese rom to global version? Can I flash it back to global? I don't mine a few Chinese apps as long the whole tablet is stable. Can we also downgrade to earlier version?
Also I've tried both teclast links form the first page and the T10 doesn't seem to be available anymore? Is there other repository I can try to get the full rom?

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
I bricked my Teclast T10 when I was messing around with Android Sytem Webview (the version that comes with the ROM is outdated). I still have access to TWRP recovery but I have no backups. Is there anyway I can flash a standard firmware from TWRP to unbrick my device?

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
I bricked my Teclast T10 when I was messing around with Android Sytem Webview (the version that comes with the ROM is outdated). I still have access to TWRP recovery but I have no backups. Is there anyway I can flash a standard firmware from TWRP to unbrick my device?

I think the answer is no. You have to start from scratch and flash the full firmware. But that not that difficult

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
Ok, I flashed the stock firmware and the tablet boots again after bricking it. Now I want to flash TWRP as I have done before (the tablet was rooted before I bricked it) but I get the following message in SP Tool.

" BROM ERROR: S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL ( 5054 )
[ EMI ] Obtain DRAM failed!
[ HINT ] :
Please check your load Matches to your Targer : which is to be downloaded . "

I'm using the same scatter file and recovery.img as I previously used. Why am I now getting this message and more important, how do I fix it?

Phuturist

May 12, 2010
on XDA
I'm using TWRP 3.1.1 by Jemmini. It's installed on my T10 E3C5. Everything is working including full swipe to confirm for example wiping of cach

I know this works as I had the same setup before I bricked my Teclast T10. So it's strange I'm now getting this error in SP Flash Tool. Still havent figured out what I'm doing wrong. Is there anything else that needs to be done to be able to flash TWRP to recovery using the custom scatter file and TWRP recovery.img? Perhaps I overlooked something.

[EDIT] More strange stuff. I can flash TWRP using the scatter file from the stock rom. But I can only get into TWRP if I directly boot to recovery after flashing. But there I can not access storage and when I try to reboot to system it hangs again on the boot logo. When I first boot the system after flashing TWRP and then reboot to recovery TWRP is not there and I see a dead Android logo with "no command" text.

Last edited:

spectra9

Mar 29, 2008
Yes, first OTA to 1.03 and then again OTA to 1.05. I flashed mine (E3C5) with the Chinese full firmware (v1.35) and it's working like a charm. I only had to change the language settings which was a bit hard. In this thread there is enough info about how to flash full firmware if you want to try that.

We now know that good and bad T10 devices have been send to the market. Many problems with touch screen. But my tablet has been doing it to full satisfaction for 2 years now. I particularly love the screen!

How do you install E3C5 Chinese firmware? When I use the chinese-word.exe file from the Chinese firmware package, it only shows the logo briefly and close. The Upgrade Tools.exe from the English package won't load the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin or the scatter file from the Chinese package (gives error).

Also, just an update to my crappy tablet situation, I've tried updating to 1.03 and 1.05 and the issue remains. I've even tried making a full backup from my good one and flash it to the crappy one and it still craps out after a certain time. Logcat shows alot of error which is along the lines of "read only file system" which is triggered while trying to rename a certain xml file from the data folder or sqlite error in accessing the database in the data folder. It's like permission issue but I don't understand how can it be. I've tried renaming said file and opening and updating the DB using SQLite Editor and it works just fine. I don't understand why it complains. There are no such errors (obviously) in the good tablet. Why is it behaving differently from the good tablet when it's running a virtually identical ROM? Very frustrated at the moment. so I just want to try the Chinese ROM, maybe by some miracle it will work better

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
How do you install E3C5 Chinese firmware? When I use the chinese-word.exe file from the Chinese firmware package, it only shows the logo briefly and close. The Upgrade Tools.exe from the English package won't load the MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin or the scatter file from the Chinese package (gives error).

The trick is to change the chinese.exe file to a normal name. For example spflash.exe. Run it as Admin and it should flash without problems. Let us know if it worked!

Last edited:
Reactions: spectra9

spectra9

Mar 29, 2008
The trick is to change the chinese.exe file to a normal name. For example spflash.exe. Run it as Admin and it should flash without problems. Let us know if it worked!
Ah it turns out that I need to rename both the exe file AND the folder it's in. Renaming just the file is not enough :D. Thanks.
Btw, do you have a link of the 1.35 chinese ROM? The one from teclast site is hosted in Baidu, I have no idea how to download from there

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Reactions: spectra9

spectra9

Mar 29, 2008
Did v1.35 make any difference or is your T10 E3C5 still faulty?
Unfortunately no. All the ROMs I've tried exhibit the same behavior, even the one I backup from the good tablet. I found that it craps out even after fresh flash. So after initial boot, I just left it there, not even connecting Wi-Fi, and there you go, after 30 minutes or so of idle/sleep, the force close error will pop up when I wake it up.

I did some more digging though and I found out that the data partition becomes read only when this happens. This would explain why suddenly all apps have problems writing file and DB as I've previously found out in logcat. So, I boot in recovery, unmount data, and check the emmc block and indeed it found file system error! I thought this is it. The checks automatically fix it. I mount data back and reboot and wait. Unfortunately, it still happens ?.

So I reboot to recovery, do the check and again it find (and fix) the file system error. Hmm, what? So this time, I run the check a 2nd time and it shows the result as clean. Mount data, reboot and wait. This time I also set the partition's errors behavior to Continue (previously it was remount in ro - > another hint why it switch to ro because of the file system error). So I left tablet overnight, 5 hours later, it still works!! The partition state remains clean and rw. I'll leave for work, so we'll see in 10 hours if it's still works (fingers madly crossed).

Sorry for the long post, I hope you enjoy the drama ?. I hope this finally fix it. But I'm still confuse, what is causing the error in the first place? And why a full flash does not fix it? I thought a flash should wipe it clean. Seriously hoping this isn't because of hardware. Btw I've also done a bad block checks and no bad blocks are found. I hope the emmc is still good.

Reactions: BiG_FooT

Bishop2

Mar 12, 2014
Help to unbrick T10 please

Help please!
Turned off my one year old TPAD T10 tablet (E3C6) and have not been able to power it back on or enter recovery with PWR+Vol Up/Down buttons
I know the tablet is charging via a USB power meter
I have tried to flash the tablet but it is not recognised by SP Tool after installing USB Mediatek drivers and following the instructions etc.
Any help much appreciated

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
Help please!
Turned off my one year old TPAD T10 tablet (E3C6) and have not been able to power it back on or enter recovery with PWR+Vol Up/Down buttons
I know the tablet is charging via a USB power meter
I have tried to flash the tablet but it is not recognised by SP Tool after installing USB Mediatek drivers and following the instructions etc.
Any help much appreciated

You could try this:

Hold the power button for 30 seconds, followed by three presses in quick succession. That should restart the tablet.

Or what another Teclast user with a bricked device did:

"It is not necessary to open the tablet in order to power it off. Just wait for battery discharged, this is what I've done several months ago when stock recovery stopped to work (there were no ways to power the tablet off)"

Or as last resort:

"So I decided to do the "unsolder the battery" trick. Pried off the screen from the aluminum back, unsoldered the red power wire. Checked the screen, and the text was gone, screen was black. Soldered the wire on again, and it booted right up. Everything seems fine."

Bishop2

Mar 12, 2014
Thanks

You could try this:

Hold the power button for 30 seconds, followed by three presses in quick succession. That should restart the tablet.

Or what another Teclast user with a bricked device did:

"It is not necessary to open the tablet in order to power it off. Just wait for battery discharged, this is what I've done several months ago when stock recovery stopped to work (there were no ways to power the tablet off)"

Or as last resort:

"So I decided to do the "unsolder the battery" trick. Pried off the screen from the aluminum back, unsoldered the red power wire. Checked the screen, and the text was gone, screen was black. Soldered the wire on again, and it booted right up. Everything seems fine."

I tried the power button 30 seconds trick many times but there is no response at all from the tablet.

I may be waiting for months to try the next technique because the tablet is already turned off.
Is there any way to faster discharge the tablet?

Lastly if I have to open the tablet is there a guide anywhere I can follow.

Thanks again for you help

BiG_FooT

Nov 17, 2012
Rotterdam area
I tried the power button 30 seconds trick many times but there is no response at all from the tablet.

I may be waiting for months to try the next technique because the tablet is already turned off.
Is there any way to faster discharge the tablet?

Lastly if I have to open the tablet is there a guide anywhere I can follow.

Thanks again for you help

It's rather easy to open the T10. You should start from the side by using for example a credit card and put this between the screen and the metal back. Only thing is that you have to be a bit careful when you remove the backplate as the fingerprint cable is connected to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you need different updates, I stored everything I found on my FTP:
    ftp://lizzi555.dyndns.org/Android/TeclastT10/
    If asked for user/password ... both: anonymous
    I've created this thread to manage all files and documents at one place which might be helpful for all Teclast T10's users.

Teclast Master T10

Teclast
    Product Page

Firmwares
    Here.

Benchmarks
    Here.

Accessories
    XDA Thread (http://xdaforums.com/general/general/teclast-master-t10-accessories-t3722233/).

Root / TWRP
    XDA Thread (http://xdaforums.com/android/help/root-teclast-master-t10-t3705533/).
    Firmwares

Device overview
    Teclast Master T10 is sold with two different device identifiers, E3C5 and E3C6. An user of this tablet can get the device identifier looking at the rear side of the tablet, there is a phrase including the device name, the device ID and the SN (serial number) of the device. An example is "T10 ID:E3C5 SN:XXXXXXXXXXXXXX", in this example the device ID is E3C5.

Firmware overview
    Regarding the firmware, each device identifier is classified depending on the country the tablet is sold. So chinese people refer to E3C5 (device E3C5) and E3C6 (device E3C6) firmwares, while people outside China must refer to E3C5_G (device E3C5) and E3C6_G (device E3C6) firmwares - the "_G" (underscore G) suffix should mean "Global".
    The difference between E3C5/E3C6 and E3C5_G/E3C6_G firmwares is due to the starting language of Android environment (chinese language for E3C5/E3C6, english language for E3C5_G/E3C6_G) and the additional chinese software (included only in E3C5/E3C6 firmwares).
    Starting from year 2018, Teclast is pushing chinese firmwares (E3C5/E3C6) to have the TOS interface (a Phoenix OS-like environment), while for global firmwares (E3C5_G/E3C6_G) Teclast continues to provide with the standard Android environment.

Full Firmwares
    Regarding the full firmware file (useful in case of downgrade of firmware or in case OTA doesn't properly work), Teclast provides the firmwares for chinese firmwares (E3C5/E3C6) and not-chinese firmwares (E3C5_G/E3C6_G) in two different official websites.
    Chinese people may use the first official Teclast's website (http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php?t=p) and input their own device identifier (E3C5 or E3C6) to get a list of available firmwares.
    People outside China may use the second official Teclast's website (http://www.teclast.com/en/firmware/) and input their own device identifier (E3C5 or E3C6) to get a list of available firmwares.
    For all firmwares not included in above-mentioned websites, users should ask to Teclast the full files for firmwares (providing the serial number of the device if requested), usually Teclast will provide you with a download link to a cloud service.

OTA Firmwares
    Regarding the OTA firmware file (to be used only to update from the current firmware), the things become simpler. Teclast uses a method to get the internet address in order to download the single .ZIP file for upgrading the firmware. Teclast OTA app, included in all T10 units (E3C5,E3C6,E3C5_G,E3C6_G), search for the current firmware id (E3C5,E3C6,E3C5_G,E3C6_G). To get the proper file it computes:
    ota.teclast.com/T10_[firmware_id]/update/
    where [firmware_id] is the current firmware ID (E3C5, E3C6, E3C5_G, E3C6_G).
    Inside the folder there is a file named "update.xml" used by Teclast OTA app in order to know the correct file to use to update the firmware.
    So, summarizing all this matter, we have the following internet addresses :
    E3C5 - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c5/update/
    E3C6 - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c6/update/
    E3C5_G - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c5_g/update/
    E3C6_G - http://ota.teclast.com/t10_e3c6_g/update/

Other Download sources
    All Teclast users may download the firmware files also from NeedRom website (http://www.needrom.com/download/teclast-t10-e3c5/), but the files are mixed, so we have to search for the correct firmware number (in this website there is only the difference between E3C5 and E3C6 devices, not the classification about chinese or not-chinese firmwares).
    Another source for downloading firmware files (both full and OTA files) is listed in post #437 of this thread.

Firmware changelogs
    E3C5 - here
    E3C6 - here
    E3C5_G - here
    E3C6_G - here
    I have updated posts #1, #2, #4, #5, #6, #7 of this thread in order to have a clearer situation about T10 devices and all firmwares.
    If there are mistakes, tips or suggestions, please let me know.
    Firmware v1.34 on arrival ( https://translate.googleusercontent...1.html&usg=ALkJrhg0eErqMew7iNdfJF0-tOolvL3fSQ )

========================================================================================

T10 (E3C5 / E3C6) V1.34 native system preemptive experience version

This version of the Taichung Lions Lion tireless efforts to repair the following problems :

1, part of the game compatible / splash screen problem
    (Such as: street basketball, wilderness operations, Temple Run 2 Chinese version, etc. )
    2, some software compatibility issues
    (Sina micro disk black screen, QQ small video, camera direction repair)
    3, touch problem optimization
    4, system optimization