Teclast T30 T1P2 Root

Yuji Saeki

Dec 5, 2011
Any custom firmware available for this tablet? Or someone has a set of clear steps with download links to reinstall the original firmware from teclast?
My unit has ghost touches on the display and maybe an installation from scratch will fix it, worth to try it at least...

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk
None that I am aware of. (I have two build-environments set up, one for pmos, the other for Android 9 or 10 (10 has a number of issues, holding off for now but intended) but I need either stock firmwares or a stock recovery.img to begin tinkering...) T1P2 and T1P4 are different enough that the TWRP builds don't work correctly (partitions/kernel/drivers?). As for original firmware, depends on version you have. T1P4 has no publicly-available download of firmware. In fact, that's why I'm trying to get anyone to upload a copy of their recovery.img, so I can begin porting TWRP for T1P4 (I accidentally flashed instead of booted my recovery.img).

T1P2 and T1P1 are available from Teclast's website. Be careful how you flash, considering no TWRP available for T1P4 to backup everything.

Last edited:

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
This tab is treble compatible.
T1P2 have treble A/B partition table. (for EU firmware).
You have to check your partition table with an app like "treble info"

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
This thread died down fast..
Since this device is treble capable, it should be possible to try gsi image. Have someone tried that?
No, sorry, the tab is not mine (my daughter) and i missed to flash TWRP for backup now

It should be easy to try a treble A/B rom. Just have to flash system partition.
We have all tools for that and recover:
- Original Rom with scatter, APDB, MDDB
- Flasher tool
- MAUI Meta tool ( for IMEI repair )

Raulka

Jan 17, 2008
Hungary
When I got my T1P4 it rebooted a few seconds after turning off the screen. Eventually got $25 rebate for it.
Then I flashed a magisk patched T1P2 boot.img and installed busybox, and now it works 100% without rebooting.
I flashed the magisk patched T1P2 boot.img with T1P2's scatter.txt too, after restart, the T1P4 is Rooted! :good:
Then I Installed busybox, but the T1P4 is restarting when I turning off the screen.. :crying:
Nothing changed.. Courious, because If the T1P4 is connected to the PC, then not restarting with black screen, but without USB connection or on the charger this is restarting..

ilbarba77

Oct 10, 2011
Hello

T1P4 firmware is available on Teclast china : http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/putcode.html

enter T1P4 and you will have baidu link for it (extract code: 2tbe)

Carefull on this firmware:

modem and efs partitions may be different to your tab (europe/us versions)

but you can take recovery and boot verified img from this firmware.

:)
So is it possible to follow this guide to get root on my new teclast T30 T1P4?

How do I download the firmware? Where should I click?
Inviato dal mio Mi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk
View attachment 4995051

Last edited:

ilbarba77

Oct 10, 2011
Okay, now I have the T1P4 firmware (thanks to Li Lei).
Exactly what steps should I follow to install Twrp and root recovery with magisk?
I'm a noob.

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone